Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we encounter any of our players or coaches working at a supermarket? Photo evidence required ;)
Easton Wood has already been spotted doing Auslan signing for the Vic Gov press conferences. (Funny ... I'd have thought Shaun Higgins was first in line for that job.)

I was tempted to post this on the Richmond board but wasn't sure whether my point would be appreciated.

On page 50 of the Herald-Sun today there is what is intended to be a light-hearted piece about Sydney Stack. It states how Stack and his girlfriend were at home during this self-isolating period, and Stack decided to play a prank on her by pouring two litres of fruit juice over her as she sunbathed in the backyard.
At any time, let alone during this time where people are selfishly raiding the shelves of supermarkets, I felt this was a horrible and unjustifiable waste of juice. I would not be laughing if I read any of our players had tipped juice over somebody or wasted food supplies just for a joke.

I was tempted to post this on the Richmond board but wasn't sure whether my point would be appreciated.

On page 50 of the Herald-Sun today there is what is intended to be a light-hearted piece about Sydney Stack. It states how Stack and his girlfriend were at home during this self-isolating period, and Stack decided to play a prank on her by pouring two litres of fruit juice over her as she sunbathed in the backyard.
At any time, let alone during this time where people are selfishly raiding the shelves of supermarkets, I felt this was a horrible and unjustifiable waste of juice. I would not be laughing if I read any of our players had tipped juice over somebody or wasted food supplies just for a joke.
Hilarious 😒

The Herald-Sun have begun a series of Top 20 players for each team during the modern era (1987 onward). They started with Norf, today was Essingdon and tomorrow will be that magpie team. When they do our top 20, I can imagine The Bont will feature but I think it's too early to make him the number 1 player. Surely, if the journo doing our profiles has any sense, our number 1 has to be Chris Grant. Brad Johnson, Scott West and Tony Liberatore would also surely feature in the top half-dozen. It will be of some interest to see whether Doug Hawkins is deemed to have played enough quality footy during this time.

The annoying thing about the season being suspended/canned is that we were gonna play the plastics this week.........christ I would've been fired up to watch us respond to the EF. Probably would've been a punch up. Greene getting lined up as well maybe?

I'd have called for Sweet on the team, to make his AFL debut in a similar vein to his VFL debut.

The annoying thing about the season being suspended/canned is that we were gonna play the plastics this week.........christ I would've been fired up to watch us respond to the EF. Probably would've been a punch up. Greene getting lined up as well maybe?
AND ... it was going to be played at Manuka. I was relishing the prospect of being there to witness all that.

Just on my WFH lunch break, spotted this bit of classic footage. ANy West Footscray Roosters out there? I spent my younger years in West Footscray, from birth to start of primary school, close to the Totty side, but played all my under-age footy after we moved in the EDFL (Essendon), so never really got to support my original local team. Anyone know any of the players identified in the footage?

PS: I note the Roosters were originally the Tottenham Imperials - wonder if that club wore RWB rather than the Roosters red and white?

More West Footscray footage from the same youtube poster (Paul Garth are you out there?) posted these two of Wests junior teams from the 70s - well done Mr Garth on classic songs as backing tracks!

(Ross Christenson bobs up in this U15 GF - and the hair and flares are a wonder to behold!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on my WFH lunch break, spotted this bit of classic footage. ANy West Footscray Roosters out there? I spent my younger years in West Footscray, from birth to start of primary school, close to the Totty side, but played all my under-age footy after we moved in the EDFL (Essendon), so never really got to support my original local team. Anyone know any of the players identified in the footage?

PS: I note the Roosters were originally the Tottenham Imperials - wonder if that club wore RWB rather than the Roosters red and white?

Played only one year at West Footscray Ivan , I think 1970 , in U18,s
Most notable player at the time was Terry Wilkins.
we were coached by Bruce Burgoyne , who went on to be Barassi’s right hand man.

Wrecked a shoulder on the Western Oval that year , so sadly Roosters never seen the best of KH 😁

Wrecked a shoulder on the Western Oval that year , so sadly Roosters never seen the best of KH 😁

Cheers King. I grew up near Kingsville Kindergarten and Hansen Reserve. Strange location - Kinder is called Kingsville,
Hansen Reserve home to North Footscray, Totty just up at Sunshine Road, yet it's West Footscray!

PS: Bruce Burgoyne was Don McKenzie's assistant for a few years in 78 and 79 (also reserves coach in those days), and I'm pretty sure he
coached the U19s at some point. He's actually in the team photo for the 1978 record score as well.

Also found this:

1585879577858.png

Wait a minute Ivan ... I was led to believe you snuck into the Footscray v Essendon Championship of Victoria match in 1924 as a young 'un.

There's a small matter of a 50 year gap in your alibi.
Please expline!

Wait a minute Ivan ... I was led to believe you snuck into the Footscray v Essendon Championship of Victoria match in 1924 as a young 'un.

There's a small matter of a 50 year gap in your alibi.
Please expline!

I don’t believe I mentioned anywhere in that post young man WHEN I lived in West Footscray, or moved further north west and qualified for the EDFL! 😀

In fact I’m feeling all of my 103 years as I type this post...

Not a Bulldog post and I know I don't deserve sympathy for buying the trashiest newspaper in Melbourne. However, ever since there's been no sport to write about, they continue to write about no sport with their daily Essendon article. Past, present or future stories. It's unbelievable. Think I'm still buying the thing just to see if they'll do a 2 pager about a different club during the sport glut.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Not a Bulldog post and I know I don't deserve sympathy for buying the trashiest newspaper in Melbourne. However, ever since there's been no sport to write about, they continue to write about no sport with their daily Essendon article. Past, present or future stories. It's unbelievable. Think I'm still buying the thing just to see if they'll do a 2 pager about a different club during the sport glut.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I've emailed Robbo on this.

Asked why his paper has ignored Essendon all summer...

As a 17 year old my first senior game was against NF down at their dung heap.

Started really well with a hand full of possies in the first few minutes, ended up at Footscray Hospital with a nose that still isn’t straight to this day.

Apparently I was too quick for the much older bloke on me that day so he took other measures to slow me down.

The devils spent a fortune to chase a flag a few years ago and are paying for it now.

Isolation doesn’t suit me. Lost my job last week, or to be exact I was stood down. Only for that job keeper package to be released and now thankfully I’m back, but have agreed to a reduced wage for the duration.

still spent $250 on a retro Footscray long sleeve jumper today. It looked too good. We seriously have the best vintage gear. All modern long sleeve guernseys we wear these days should have the hoops on the sleeve

Saw people in a Facebook group i'm in choose their best 22 out of all Bulldogs players ever, assuming they're at their best. None had Templeton in the forward line.

sadly a lot of the Facebook generation won’t know too much of the earlier generations outside of the obvious Sutton’s and whittens.

KT doesn’t get spoken about enough. Hell, I’m 30 and the only footage I’ve seen of him is that st kilda game. Where he appeared to be umpired by modern rules to be fair- so much for defenders having much less leeway these days. He was getting frees for being breathed on

Isolation doesn’t suit me. Lost my job last week, or to be exact I was stood down. Only for that job keeper package to be released and now thankfully I’m back, but have agreed to a reduced wage for the duration.

still spent $250 on a retro Footscray long sleeve jumper today. It looked too good. We seriously have the best vintage gear. All modern long sleeve guernseys we wear these days should have the hoops on the sleeve
Where did you find it? eBay?

Sunraysia Daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back