Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yesterday's match was dull enough that I ended up in a discussion about who on each team had the best and worst haircuts rather than about the game. Who's worse, Naughton or Smith? (I rate Khamis as our best, the short dreads look great.)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Just on Khamis - I know it’s not the best sample size 2020, but what are the thoughts on how he is tracking? ( Football wise , I’ll take the haircut being good as a given)
A couple of weeks ago Bev mentioned that there, "Aren't too many [players] we wouldn't give a game to...there are a couple that aren't ready." Only a guess, but Khamis (and potentially Sweet) were the only two I could really think of that might fit this. Anyone have any other ideas?

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A couple of weeks ago Bev mentioned that there, "Aren't too many [players] we wouldn't give a game to...there are a couple that aren't ready." Only a guess, but Khamis (and potentially Sweet) were the only two I could really think of that might fit this. Anyone have any other ideas?
A few weeks back, maybe before round 2 Bev said something about Khamis being taken out of a training drill or match sim for 'continuity reasons' - or something like that. Sounds like he might not be understanding the structures and systems as well as he should be which is concerning.

Mister Snrub

Senior List
Jul 16, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Garcia would be the other obvious one, only because we drafted him with a knee issue. Apart from him, I'd think any of our players could realistically be fielded at some point this season. Not many left who haven't already debuted now that Butler, Cavarra, Weightman and Vandermeer have had a run

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Garcia would be the other obvious one, only because we drafted him with a knee issue. Apart from him, I'd think any of our players could realistically be fielded at some point this season. Not many left who haven't already debuted now that Butler, Cavarra, Weightman and Vandermeer have had a run
Forgot Garcia - Porter and Sweet are the others that haven't debuted off the top of my head. Could theoretically be Sweet but would be surprising to see him above Trengove as an emergency if that was the case. For Porter, I don't think it's that he's not ready or that we wouldn't play him - he's just not at the level of those above him.

Mister Snrub

Senior List
Jul 16, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Forgot Garcia - Porter and Sweet are the others that haven't debuted off the top of my head. Could theoretically be Sweet but would be surprising to see him above Trengove as an emergency if that was the case. For Porter, I don't think it's that he's not ready or that we wouldn't play him - he's just not at the level of those above him.
I just hope Porter gets a chance before we delist him - I thought he was an absolute steal in his draft year given his potential upside, but figured his chances of making it were pretty slim. Just want to see whether he can prove himself over a couple of games.

Of course, if lists are trimmed down, it's midfielders we need to be disposing of and he'd be close to the 1st on the list unfortunately

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just hope Porter gets a chance before we delist him - I thought he was an absolute steal in his draft year given his potential upside, but figured his chances of making it were pretty slim. Just want to see whether he can prove himself over a couple of games.

Of course, if lists are trimmed down, it's midfielders we need to be disposing of and he'd be close to the 1st on the list unfortunately

Funny you say that! Debuting this week

Mister Snrub

Senior List
Jul 16, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny you say that! Debuting this week
YES! Hadn't seen the news yet, but so happy to see it! I figured it was coming soon since he did that Mic'd Up video a couple weeks ago after previously having little media exposure

Can't wait to see what he has to offer :)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1595383636503.png
1595383661466.png

Hedging their bets both ways I guess

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is PUNVEC a new sponsor? Just noticed it on Bev's shirt during the presser? Is the shirt design new as well?

1595559615324.png

Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is PUNVEC a new sponsor? Just noticed it on Bev's shirt during the presser? Is the shirt design new as well?

View attachment 918308

They were signed last December:

If anyone has time, its well worth listening to Ameet and Peter's Drill Hall podcast on the club's website.

Ameet stated that 3-4 partners would be renewing in the next fortnight whilst remarkably Peter stated that the club would break even this year or only suffer a small loss or even make a small profit. Amazing given the circumstances.

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They were signed last December:

If anyone has time, its well worth listening to Ameet and Peter's Drill Hall podcast on the club's website.

Ameet stated that 3-4 partners would be renewing in the next fortnight whilst remarkably Peter stated that the club would break even this year or only suffer a small loss or even make a small profit. Amazing given the circumstances.

Thanks, obviously I don't look at Bevo's shirts too much in his pressers!

I know there are quite a number competing for similar spots but does anyone know how Brad Lynch is travelling. This guy has AFL talent and can play. I have no idea why he has slipped down our list. Can anyone shed some light on where he is at.
Cheers
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back