Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Absolutely cracking effort posting that sort of profit this year. Well done doggies.

Can anyone tell me where the bulk of the money came from? Not in an accusatory way, just curious, it's a decent effort.

WO Report

Ed's out there again! Not laps this time. Some drills in the goal square with coach (hope I'm not leaking trade secrets!)

Someone else coming out for a run - Naughton or English maybe.

Some customers in the outside tables at Barkers too.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WO Report

Ed's out there again! Not laps this time. Some drills in the goal square with coach (hope I'm not leaking trade secrets!)

Someone else coming out for a run - Naughton or English maybe.

Some customers in the outside tables at Barkers too.
Good work NB.

Great to hear Ed putting in some hard yards at this time of year. Big year for him, has plateaued and really needs to add some elements to his game this year

I have no idea. Could have been centre drills. He was starting off sort of like a runner on the starting blocks, then he'd dart up & out one way and do a bit of zig zag. Then he'd go back & start again, this time heading off the blocks in the opposite direction.

Hope you're not a double agent. ;)

I have no idea. Could have been centre drills. He was starting off sort of like a runner on the starting blocks, then he'd dart up & out one way and do a bit of zig zag. Then he'd go back & start again, this time heading off the blocks in the opposite direction.

Hope you're not a double agent. ;)

Leading patterns?

:huh: What a shame! Must have been too late to see them today.

1607310668293.png

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hunter, Libba & Wood amongst the older boys who are back earlier than they need to be. Would hope Dunks and especially Bruce are too. Bruce is unfit, on a big 4 year contract and right on the fringe of the 22, and owes us big time for his effort last year. If he’s not doing everything he can to make amends id be pretttty disappointed

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hunter, Libba & Wood amongst the older boys who are back earlier than they need to be. Would hope Dunks and especially Bruce are too. Bruce is unfit, on a big 4 year contract and right on the fringe of the 22, and owes us big time for his effort last year. If he’s not doing everything he can to make amends id be pretttty disappointed

Didn't see either of them in the gallery. Keath's another of the older players there.

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

One brief smile from Easton, everyone else looked disinterested, bored or downright unhappy to be there. Bevo's lost the players. Just topping off the Hunter, Dunkley, Gia, Russell, Treloar, Gordon issues. Bottom 4, here we come.*

(*Not my actual sentiments, just trying to channel historical levels of despair, pessimism, and resigned to the upcoming season failing to meet expectations, so I will be pleasantly surprised when Bont hoists the 2021 cup.)

One brief smile from Easton, everyone else looked disinterested, bored or downright unhappy to be there. Bevo's lost the players. Just topping off the Hunter, Dunkley, Gia, Russell, Treloar, Gordon issues. Bottom 4, here we come.*

(*Not my actual sentiments, just trying to channel historical levels of despair, pessimism, and resigned to the upcoming season failing to meet expectations, so I will be pleasantly surprised when Bont hoists the 2021 cup.)
I don't think you're doing it right. December and January are the months of boundless hope (in the absence of any actual footy that might persuade us otherwise). It's humankind's annual celebration of renewal and it has been going on since before recorded history. Why do you think we have Christmas just after the December solstice?

Save the doomsaying for April. Right now you need to be extolling our "incredible depth" or saying "anything less than a top four finish is a fail". Or as Bruce Dawe wrote:

But the dance forever the same – the elderly still
loyally crying Carn … Carn … (if feebly) unto the very end,
having seen in the six-foot* recruit from Eaglehawk# their hope of salvation

* six-foot, adjusted for generational inflation is of course now 195cm
# Framlingham is the new Eaglehawk

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think you're doing it right. December and January are the months of boundless hope (in the absence of any actual footy that might persuade us otherwise). It's humankind's annual celebration of renewal and it has been going on since before recorded history. Why do you think we have Christmas just after the December solstice?

Save the doomsaying for April. Right now you need to be extolling our "incredible depth" or saying "anything less than a top four finish is a fail". Or as Bruce Dawe wrote:

But the dance forever the same – the elderly still
loyally crying Carn … Carn … (if feebly) unto the very end,
having seen in the six-foot* recruit from Eaglehawk# their hope of salvation

* six-foot, adjusted for generational inflation is of course now 195cm
# Framlingham is the new Eaglehawk

Bruce Dawe! What a treasure dogwatch, thank you for the reference.

And you're correct with your timeline assessment - I think COVID has thrown out my off-season clock! Apologies for going early with the dire pessimism.

I don't think you're doing it right. December and January are the months of boundless hope (in the absence of any actual footy that might persuade us otherwise).
You have it all wrong DW. Boundless hope is for teams that don't make finals. Crushing expectations is for teams that both make finals and are young.

Just cancelled our memberships for 2021.

Club will fold before the season starts.

May not be quite true...

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting the ads that pop up at the bottom of BF pages. I looked up Kylie Watson-Wheeler yesterday, after people on here mentioned she's a lifelong supporter, still attends games with family, etc. Noticed she'd attended Mentone Grammar. Today, Mentone Grammar ads start appearing on my BF feed. So I shouldn't just be worried about Huawei and the Chinese knowing what I'm thinking, but also by BF and Chief?! :eek:

Interesting the ads that pop up at the bottom of BF pages. I looked up Kylie Watson-Wheeler yesterday, after people on here mentioned she's a lifelong supporter, still attends games with family, etc. Noticed she'd attended Mentone Grammar. Today, Mentone Grammar ads start appearing on my BF feed. So I shouldn't just be worried about Huawei and the Chinese knowing what I'm thinking, but also by BF and Chief?! :eek:
I‘ve had FB friend suggestions from people I have only contacted via email and SMS ..... maybe they looked at my FB page

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I‘ve had FB friend suggestions from people I have only contacted via email and SMS ..... maybe they looked at my FB page

I get that link Fossie 32 , if you view FB and email on your phone (and send SMS), it's doing all the nefarious linking without you doing anything. At least it's a single device creating the link. But I only thought "Oh, she attended Mentone Grammar" - next day, ads on BF! :astonished:

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I get that link Fossie 32 , if you view FB and email on your phone (and send SMS), it's doing all the nefarious linking without you doing anything. At least it's a single device creating the link. But I only thought "Oh, she attended Mentone Grammar" - next day, ads on BF! :astonished:
Did you say it out loud? It’s beyond doubt in my mind now that I get sponsored ads for stuff I have not searched but spoken about to someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back