Nothing to worry about for the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the Gabba on Saturday night and despite the Lions fans thinking they dominated the game, I walked away quite pleased with what I saw. The skill level was down but the boys really put in for the second half. Simon Beaumont looks to have stepped up well, Andrew McKay was a standout and Ang Christou was solid. The lucky bounces generally went the way of the Lions, we have Lappin, Kouta, Hickmott, Sos and Franchina to walk into the starting side. Matty Allan had an off night. Whitnall struggled to get into the match. We only lost by 13 points and we were coming on strong. Things will get better from here. The big thing about this game was Brendan Fevola, the guy just looks like a winner out there. He is going to star for us this year and long term. I hope that no Blues fan is discouraged by Saturday Night. We are a real chance this year. I can feel it. I'm not one to rely on blind faith.

------------------
mens sana in corpore sano - a sound mind in a sound body

I agree ODN, I was there too, and though it was disappointing to lose, I saw alot of positives come out of the game. Fev in particular, could've bagged five if the idiot ump, well you know...... I do think the Lions outplayed us on the night, but best on the day wins and it wasn't us this time. Bring on the H&A season, I can't wait.

------------------
Nat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back