Official Club Stuff Notice of General Meeting - Tuesday 17 August 2021 at 6:30pm

Only caught a little bit of Footy Classified (Collingwood Edition)
Did Eddie say "Collingwood only need 100 signatures to call and EGM as well"?
DUnno. Turned it off when it became the Eddie show again.
Thank goodness Monday night is still Eddie free.

CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
Yes thats correct.
No sign if them changing their constitution.

They also require 2yr membership threshold to qualify for the board

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I find it quite disturbing how many people are happy for the membership requirement to be ditched. For me it’s a non negotiable that you be a passionate paid up Carlton person to be on the board. It’s an unpaid gig, obviously. It should be a labour of love. A footy club board isn’t like any other corporate board. That has to be recognised.

WFGodot

Cancelled
Nov 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Just read an article in the Age stating members had been informed of the delay to General Meeting due to Covid. My note got “lost in the mail”, again. I’m dreadfully unlucky.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Alternate text

Dear Aph,

Following the State Government’s announcement yesterday of a lockdown for all of Victoria, I regret to advise that the Board has decided to defer the General Meeting scheduled for 17 August 2021.

This current lockdown, with Stage 4 restrictions in place until at least late next week, means that as it stands the Club would be unable to hold the General Meeting in person, due to limits on indoor gatherings.

We will instead look to reschedule to coincide with the Club’s AGM, which will be held following the conclusion of the 2021 Financial Year, in the hope members will be allowed to attend without a restriction on attendance.

The clear preference for the Board is and always has been for this General Meeting, which proposes such significant reforms, to be held in person. However, the current COVID landscape and the uncertainty relating to locally-transmitted community cases makes this naturally difficult. Postponing the members' consideration of these reforms to the Club’s next AGM gives the greatest runway to enable this to happen.

The Club looks forward to bringing our members together to vote on the proposed constitutional reforms which include recognition of First Nations people, acknowledgement of all genders; particularly our AFLW athletes, the recognition of our AFL members, extension to minimum timeframe of Presidency period, amending Director retirement by rotation provisions and the update of dated governance provisions.

This delay will also allow members more time to consider the proposed amendments and understand how these changes will ensure your Club has the optimum structure and governance arrangements to ensure we can achieve a key objective of sustained success into the future.

I regret that this delay will be disappointing for those of you who have been part of the various reference groups and worked hard to achieve these reforms.

Later in the year the Club will send further information and details for how to vote.

I trust you and your families are all staying safe and healthy as we navigate through another lockdown and as always, thank you for your support of the Club.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I’d like to know WHEN they punted them.
2015, I went to vote online at our last major vote for positions on the board.
When I went to web page to do it, it would not work. Rang the club up and woman on phone explained it not working as something got changed in constitution in 2015 that now did not allow AFL Carlton Club members to have a vote, which was like a WTF moment on phone. Woman on phone on club explained they changed in back in 2015 but neve heard of it then or had any communication directly from club about it despite being a Carlton member for ******* decades.
So been voting member for decades and all of a sudden you find out they rug been taken from under your feet without even knowing it had happened.
I still do not know how it happened, just trusted woman on the phone as she said, a lot of members did not know about it. However it happened they were intending to correct that this coming week.

Back