• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

So, an independent panel found that whatever evidence Novak provided was worthy of an exemption to arrive in this country and to play the Aus Open. Eeekkkkk....

This is going to be a huge issue for the whole summer of tennis with a wide range of passionate viewpoints

So debate, discuss, complain, rant and defend to your heart's content. please try to keep it around tennis, Novak and the Aus Open

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Happy that Novak is able to play and go for a record breaking 21st slam.

The hypocrisy of the state government is where the real issue lies. Just proves the folly of vaccine mandates/passports that we’ve been subjected to as Victorians.

Hopefully this is the wake up call we need to start questioning those in charge.

incaciawin

Blues4ever
Aug 7, 2009
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
For me, if the process was independent and anonymous and this is the outcome, then so be it. prefer that than a politician having the final say.
We don't know how independent the process is because there is no transparency.
What is the basis of this medical exemption that precludes Djokovic from getting the vaccine, but doesn't hinder his ability to dominate the game of tennis.
Victorians got vaccinated en masse so as we could get on with life without lockdowns. This has the look of one very entitled human being waltzing in and giving us all the finger. Don't underestimate the pent up wrath of Victorians.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
What good fortune for Novax that he just happens to have genuine medical grounds to be given an exemption alongside his noted anti-vax stance.

Honestly, imagine having a medical condition that allows you to be the worlds best tennis player but restricts you're ability to be vaccinated.

That's an illness I want!

Sorry but the Australian public just aren't that stupid Novax and the reception that awaits you is going to be ugly and beautiful all the same.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Liam Jones should start asking questions. lol.

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
For someone who seemingly wants to be liked so desperately, his constant on & off-court behaviour suggests otherwise. The bloke has demanded his own privacy to hide things for years, and the tennis media have been too scared to bring things up as it will affect their ability to gain interviews and have pull on the tour.

As frustrated I am that he is playing, the blame should squarely be on the government here. Victorians and Australians have every single right to be pissed off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
For someone who seemingly wants to be liked so desperately, his constant on & off-court behaviour suggests otherwise. The bloke has demanded his own privacy to hide things for years, and the tennis media have been too scared to bring things up as it will affect their ability to gain interviews and have pull on the tour.

As frustrated I am that he is playing, the blame should squarely be on the government here. Victorians and Australians have every single right to be pissed off.

He shares the blame also for even trying for an exemption in the first place?

We have been told all along that there are really only 2 reasons for a medical exemption :

1) an anaphylactic reaction to your first dose.

2) an anaphylactic reaction to any vaccine that contains any of the ingredients which are in the current COVID vaccines.

Novak and Tiley have read this completely wrong. If the Australian public don't absolutely give it to them, WCE home crowd style, I will turn it off and leave it off.

it is an absolute disgrace that people have been denied for the best part of 2 years of seeing their loved ones, especially those that have died without having the chance to say goodbye but Tennis player is granted an exemption to hit a ball?

Just ludicrous.

We don't know how independent the process is because there is no transparency.
What is the basis of this medical exemption that precludes Djokovic from getting the vaccine, but doesn't hinder his ability to dominate the game of tennis.
Victorians got vaccinated en masse so as we could get on with life without lockdowns. This has the look of one very entitled human being waltzing in and giving us all the finger. Don't underestimate the pent up wrath of Victorians.

Agreed. What a complete joke. I dont think novak realises how bad the reception he is that he is about to get from the fans and the media. Hopefully it convinces the govt to change their policy on so called exemptions but i wont hold my breath.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

He has only recently stopped saying in public that he is anti vax.
It’s on record how he is against vaccinations of any kind. There was an interview saying how he and his family including his kids will never get vaccinations.
Doesn’t even like getting surgery.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I don’t think you should be calling people “dullards” when you are clearly wrong.

Have you even read post 2 of this thread? Multiple sources there that prove your logic wrong. That alone is enough proof that the Victorian Government had a much larger hand in this than you think. As usual though, you ALP loyalists like to deflect and make it someone else’s issue.

Incorrect.

The decision is made by ATAGI. That's how it works. It's only the dimwitted that want to pin Novax Djokovic playing at the AO on the Andrews Government.

Don't be one of them.

BTW, you do know what "independent" means, don't you?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Incorrect.

The decision is made by ATAGI. That's how it works. It's only the dimwitted that want to pin Novax Djokovic playing at the AO on the Andrews Government.

Don't be one of them.

Once again, read post 2.

Went through a 2 stage process. Exemptions were first looked at by Tennis Australia and then looked at by a medical board established by the Victorian Government. Passed both of these checks. If the Victorian Government had such a problem with the exemption, it would have been denied at Stage 2 and had not gone to ATAGI.

It is only the dim witted who choose to ignore that the Andrews Government allowed the exemption to proceed after their government set up medical board allowing the exemption. Don’t try to twist this into something that it is not.

Back