Novak Djokovic refused entry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-162522~2.png
    Screenshot_20220118-162522~2.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 68

Absolutely his PR team would have advised him against, but they would have also advised him to vaccinate.

he did breach COVID rules in his own country, and he should be punished for that and fined for the error on the customs papers.Deportation is extreme and a political stunt. Are you aware that Nadal had a similar incident prior to Christmas…not interrogated by the media at all. Played out the tournament, Tested positive on 20/12 then at his academy taking photos on the 24th.

I see no issue with that, Europe has different cultural norms to us here. They did the pandemic differently, and with no less difficulty. If they came here and were caught doing the same thing it would be a different story.

Barty entered a supermarket without a mask, an innocent mistake…if it were Novak he’d be deported.

EDIT with the link that is very hard to find mind you! Not saying it’s accurate but the media don’t need accurate information to attack. There is also the nuance that there is a 14 day iso requirement before entering the country. Nadal did 10…

agreed

It’s perfectly defensible if you have an ability to think for yourself.
The defence missed the point though. He wasn't deported for the covid or form filling breeches. He was deported for not being vaxed. Which is a different issue to the comparison of foreign breeches that was the defence's case.

The defence missed the point though. He wasn't deported for the covid or form filling breeches. He was deported for not being vaxed. Which is a different issue to the comparison of foreign breeches that was the defence's case.
He was deported not because of legal requirements based on his vaccination status but because the minister deemed him to be a risk to society, which is his personal opinion. It’s his right to make that call as the minister. If it wasn’t election time or if the minister wasn’t forced into it by the media, Novak wouldn’t have even been pulled up by customs...and would have entered unabated like the other players with exemptions. Or just like any citizen of Australia who has a free pass if they’ve recently recovered from covid.

My opinion is it a farce whether it’s vax status or whatever...people should be entitled to opinions and do make their own life choices. Don’t get me wrong I think a high percentage of vaxxed people is the right way to go about it, but forcing healthy young people to get vaxxed especially when they have recovered twice without trouble is just lunacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breeches????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back