Wosh

Admin
May 27, 2007
Bluestone Station
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
#SFAKoalas
Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:

Toump Ass

The Big Deal
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
You say -“ are likely to be incentivized by this decision to continue being disruptive “

How ?
By staging protests, closing the CBD, throwing flares, hosting mass superspreading gatherings, having sex on the streets, playing loud rock'n'roll music, all costing police resources and taxpayers money etc. the usual stuff really.

Gavin Excell

Hall of Famer
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Anti vax nutters marching in support of Djokovic in Melbourne today have certainly not done his cause any good. They were treating him as their poster boy in the demonstration. Tends to bear out the rationale of the minister’s decision.
Indeed

But they'd lack the nuance to appreciate this fact

Green Hammer

All Australian
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
By staging protests, closing the CBD, throwing flares, hosting mass superspreading gatherings, having sex on the streets, playing loud rock'n'roll music, all costing police resources and taxpayers money etc. the usual stuff really.
Where have you been living the last 2 years?

Aristotle Pickett

Premium Platinum
Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
It looks like it was deleted because it quoted an appropriate post of someone else's, that often happens when we remove the original post….the posts quoting it go too.
Wosh the poll question has been changed so original votes now are opposite. It's a massive trigger alert for me and others. I'm melting as I write.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But you're not heavily biased on this whole covid issue at all are you...

If by 'heavily biased' you mean I don't subscribe to the Branch Covidian belief system then sure, I'm 'biased'.

Truth is I don't like any of Novak, Rafael or Roger. All of them have attributes I dislike.

Even though I admire their tennis greatness and showmanship.

In the case of Novak, if the government didn't want him here, fine, just tell him not to come.

Every national government should have the right to ban whoever they want (apart from citizens).

But inviting a guest (i.e. issuing a visa) and then backtracking once they arrive is SH*T FORM.

Anybody who says otherwise is biased and living in la la land.

Aristotle Pickett

Premium Platinum
Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
If by 'heavily biased' you mean I don't subscribe to the Branch Covidian belief system then sure, I'm 'biased'.

Truth is I don't like any of Novak, Rafael or Roger. All of them have attributes I dislike.

Even though I admire their tennis greatness and showmanship.

In the case of Novak, if the government didn't want him here, fine, just tell him not to come.

Every national government should have the right to ban whoever they want (apart from citizens).

But inviting a guest (i.e. issuing a visa) and then backtracking once they arrive is SH*T FORM.

Anybody who says otherwise is biased and living in la la land.
I don't think the Djoker was invited in , he came through Craig Tiley's back door.