• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually dont care if he wins or loses, i just hope he actually does it. Effectively if he proceeds with this he loses so much credibility in the public eye it really doesnt matter if he gets some coin, plus $6m for him is chump change.

If he was to proceed theres not a court in the world that would give him the prize money, no way to draw a direct parallel to that so even if he does win the amount would be way less than $6m

Agreed, suing for prize money is impossible as you can't prove you would have won.

Suing for mental distress or reputation damage or whatever might be possible but I would have thought the target there would be TA not the government. Depends what evidence he has of what TA have said to him / done for him and how far away that is from normal operating procedures.

It ain't over yet apparently ... (of course, this could be just idle media speculation :$ )

Novak Djokovic preparing to sue the Australian government for $6m over visa scandal​

Novak Djokovic could be considering suing the Australian government for an eye-watering figure for “ill treatment”, according to a report from the UK.
The Sun is reporting that the Serbian tennis star - who was deported from Australia on the eve of the Australian Open in the wake of a week-long visa battle with authorities - is in talks with lawyers about suing the Australian government for more than $6 million.

It claims that the figure includes the total amount of Australian Open prize money that he could have claimed had he won the tournament.

But I thought he didn't come for the money because he is a multi millionaire.........

Does this mean he is suing?
It's the statement of reasons for last Sunday's hearing for why Djokovic's application to overturn the minister's decision was rejected.

Presumably all three grounds were rejected as otherwise one of them would have been enough to overturn, but it'll be nice to know why exactly various reasoning from Djokovic's lawyers didn't stack up.

But I thought he didn't come for the money because he is a multi millionaire.........

Media speculation nonsense at it's finest here, hint; "Could be considering", moreover the rumour/story derives from 'The Sun' newspaper who also produce headlines such as; "An Alien ate my baby!" - next...

NB. It must get tiresome for some public identities who often have to defend media rumours that are purely based on someone's vivid imagination..?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing they're all vaccinated.
Yep. “I’m vaccinated but this morning I tested positive. I’ve made the quarter finals and I feel great but I realise I must put this multimillion dollar comp ahead of my own interests so I’ll forfeit and withdraw, even though I’m considered the favourite for the title…”
Nah.

I will be disappointed if Novak sues the government as the government simply enforced its laws. It has been trite law that most enforcement of laws gives public bodies immunity from suits.

However, I would not be disappointed if he sued TA and / or those responsible for setting up the medical panels - Craig Tiley, McNamee, Brett Sutton (whomever they were - I am sure under an early discovery application this information could be disclosed).

In my opinion this is Djokovic related.

In my opinion this is Djokovic related.
Glad that Rio Tinto got the boot there. They caused devastation in PNG then left.. and recently destroyed indigenous caves in WA.

He's totally spineless.
giphy.gif

Back