• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
So you don't know what "independent" means?

Pity.

“IMERP, which was established by the Victorian Department of Health”.

So you don’t read the facts and make effective conclusions due to political bias. Pity. Not going to argue further with a party loyalist.

I actually agree with the decision that the Andrews Government made. Novak should be allowed to play the AO so good on them.

“IMERP, which was established by the Victorian Department of Health”.

So you don’t read the facts and make effective conclusions due to political bias. Pity.

I actually agree with the decision that the Andrews Government made. Novak should be allowed to play the AO so good on them.

Tennis Australia later confirmed Djokovic met the requirements set out in Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) guidelines.

“Novak Djokovic will compete at the Australian Open and is on his way to Australia,” a Tennis Australia statement read.
“Djokovic applied for a medical exemption, which was granted following a rigorous review process involving two separate independent panels of medical experts.
One of those was the Independent Medical Exemption Review Panel appointed by the Victorian Department of Health.”

There were TWO reviews nimwit. Both independent. Only one of them by the body set up by the VIC government. Both reviews followed ATAGI guidelines. This is an ATAGI decision, not an Andrews Government one.

I mean you'd have to be a pretty rusted on LNP shill to even try pinning this on Andrews. Pathetic really.

In any event, Novax plays which is a disgrace.

Last edited:

Tennis Australia later confirmed Djokovic met the requirements set out in Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) guidelines.

“Novak Djokovic will compete at the Australian Open and is on his way to Australia,” a Tennis Australia statement read.
“Djokovic applied for a medical exemption, which was granted following a rigorous review process involving two separate independent panels of medical experts.
One of those was the Independent Medical Exemption Review Panel appointed by the Victorian Department of Health.”

I have no problem with this portion of your post. Just confirms what I have been saying.

Started with TA, went to IMERP (established by Vic Health) before being approved by ATAGI. The right decision made by all 3 in my opinion.

And that has what exactly to do with tennis?
Do you realise what thread you are in?

Not a single match of the Aus Open qualifiers have even been played yet.

This thread is about the seemingly-unfair allowance of Novak to be allowed to enter Australia without taking the injection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with anything you posted there. Just confirms what I havebeen saying.

Started with TA, went to IMERP (established by Vic Health) before being approved by ATAGI. The right decision made by all 3 in my opinion.

Some are trying to pin this decision on the state government.

I stated that ATAGI ultimately approved it. That is a stone, cold fact. And in being finally approved by ATAGI blame cannot be attributed to the state government. The only involvement at state level was IMERP which is an independent body. Reasonable people may even say that this is a good initiative as it provides an extra level of security whilst removing politicians from the decision making process. Others ignorantly say that IMERP's involvement ultimately means that the Andrews Government should be blamed for Novax being granted an exemption.

This is patently incorrect. ATAGI ultimately has sign off. They approved it. Fact.

Good to see a rational take on this matter 👍

Why blame Novak?
Because he is an arrogant tosser, anti- vaxxer of the worst kind, and lacking foresight and compassion for others.
The arrogance of applying for exemption at this time is an all time low even for him.
This decision needs to be reversed.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of that being said, for someone who demands and has demanded privacy, for him to publicly state he received a medical exemption comes across as a slap in the face and flaunting that he is more important than the average joe.

That’s the ironic thing. Didn’t want to reveal his vaccination status but was happy to reveal his exemption status.

Then again, media speculation would be continuous if he said nothing at all. No winning in this…

No, because you back up your arguments with insults. People would be happier with your comments if you were kinder. Otherwise they come across as pretty trollish. That’s all I have to say on that.

Mate, when people come in here and directly blame Dan Andrews because Novax got his exemption they get what they deserve. It's ignorant. It's patently incorrect and it should be called out. I'd say exactly the same if they blamed Scott Morrison.

I was a bit abrasive towards you and I apologise for that as I do genuinely think you are debating in good faith but seriously, this has zero to do with the Victorian Government save for an independent board that was put in place precisely to remove politicians from the process.

ATAGI signed it off. That is irrefutable.

No great surprise, this is Victoria after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why am I not surprised. The boos he gets are gonna be epic.

YES! Isn't it going to be hell for him. Why, Novak has continually shown a propensity for mentally breaking down while copping jeers, boos and hatred from nobodies in the crowd over his whole career! :rolleyes:

Insecure people who tried to do the right thing will know deep down they’ve been sold a con by their governments.

That’s why they’ll take out their anger on Djokovic as a coping mechanism for this realisation.

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

YES! Isn't it going to be hell for him. Why, Novak has continually shown a propensity for mentally breaking down while copping jeers, boos and hatred from nobodies in the crowd over his whole career! :rolleyes:
Exactly. The abuse won’t faze him.

Most mentally resilient tennis player I’ve ever seen.

Six out of 20-odd applications for the Oz Open received an exception. Make it all about Djokovic though.
Uhuh-6 out of 20 is a joke. Very few people meet the requirements needed for exemption. Djoko is obviously getting the attention because he’s the best player in the world and is a prominent and vocal anti-vaccer. I doubt anyone is buying it- that he needs a medical exemption. I’d be happier if they show us the grounds that gave him the exemption.

All the Australian panels have done is review evidence submitted by Djokovic The problem is that that Djokovic clearly has the means to get a doctor to dream up a suitable medical condition that would warrant an exemption.

I’m sure it’s not reasonable for every exemption request applicant to be physically examined by a truly independent physician but it would be great to see that in this instance.

Let’s face it, if there were a genuine medical reason, it would make a lot of sense for him to simply tell us what it is.

All the Australian panels have done is review evidence submitted by Djokovic The problem is that that Djokovic clearly has the means to get a doctor to dream up a suitable medical condition that would warrant an exemption.

I’m sure it’s not reasonable for every exemption request applicant to be physically examined by a truly independent physician but it would be great to see that in this instance.

Let’s face it, if there were a genuine medical reason, it would make a lot of sense for him to simply tell us what it is.
It’s Novak you’re talking about. He can come out with 50 medical opinions all stating that he cannot get vaccinated, yet people will call bullshit on all 50 of them. He can never win.

Uhuh-6 out of 20 is a joke. Very few people meet the requirements needed for exemption. Djoko is obviously getting the attention because he’s the best player in the world and is a prominent and vocal anti-vaccer. I doubt anyone is buying it- that he needs a medical exemption. I’d be happier if they show us the grounds that gave him the exemption.

clearly there weren’t enough pro Nadal and pro Fed fans on the panels to stop him from participating and potentially going outright number 1 for total grand slams

Back