Are you happy Novak is NOT playing the AO

• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters
Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The case Djokovic’s lawyers are making?

They are suggesting that if Djokovic is deported his influence on health and good order will be worse than if he’s allowed to stay.
The interesting part about that argument is that you could then ask him "are you threatening to stir up trouble if you are deported".

Catch 22.

Thing is I don't think it is a strong argument. Anyone anywhere in the world can stir up trouble in Australia (via Twitter, etc) by not being here at any time.

Whilst the act of deporting him might ultimately fire up the nuffies, that's not on Australian Immigration, that's on NJ and his behaviour.

The 14 day period certificate refers to cases who have recovered but still test positive due to persistent shedding. If you test negative prior to that you can come.
You still have to have vaccine after that time period though. It isn't meant to exempt in the way TA /AO wrote that it did.
Novax got off not because he was validly exempt but because hw wasn't given the correct amount of time to prwpare an objection
Procedural issue only.

Thing is I don't think it is a strong argument.
According to his lawyers and the way the law is worded, it's strong enough considering Novax's lawyers have to prove that the Minister's feelings on the matter are wrong. And not only that, but on an administrative/jurisdictional level.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You still have to have vaccine after that time period though. It isn't meant to exempt in the way TA /AO wrote that it did.
Novax got off not because he was validly exempt but because hw wasn't given the correct amount of time to prwpare an objection
Procedural issue only.
That’s right. But my post was regarding Rafa’s entry.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
According to his lawyers and the way the law is worded, it's strong enough considering Novax's lawyers have to prove that the Minister's feelings on the matter are wrong. And not only that, but on an administrative/jurisdictional level.
Yeh, I’m not terribly comfortable with the ministerial powers and the way they work but they are what they are.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
If I'm Djoko I'd post a message on insta saying "get vaccinated everyone!" before tomorrow, smash the Australian lawyers in court, s**t out twenty-first grand slam victory right in medevec's face, then go back to Serbia and/or Spain and post another instagram msg saying "sucked in campaigners" with a picture of that nelson guy from Simpsons like "HAHA" or whatever.

* Australia, carn Novax!!

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
If I'm Djoko I'd post a message on insta saying "get vaccinated everyone!" before tomorrow, smash the Australian lawyers in court, sh*t out twenty-first grand slam victory right in medevec's face, then go back to Serbia and/or Spain and post another instagram msg saying "sucked in campaigners" with a picture of that nelson guy from Simpsons like "HAHA" or whatever.

fu** Australia, carn Novax!!

Quality post will read again

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Quality post will read again
Thanks mate!
Don't forget to hit the Like button, subscribe to my posts, and hit the "Gift" button if you're feeling generous!

As an aside I don't think you have posted anything of interest in this thread but keep trying, I'm sure you'll provide some entertaining or enlightening content soon!

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks mate!
Don't forget to hit the Like button, subscribe to my posts, and hit the "Gift" button if you're feeling generous!

As an aside I don't think you have posted anything of interest in this thread but keep trying, I'm sure you'll provide some entertaining or enlightening content soon!

Pretty bold comment to begin with “I don’t think” . But that’s ok lad. I’ve had a good week conversing with some quality posters that offer a great counter.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Pretty bold comment to begin with “I don’t think” . But that’s ok lad. I’ve had a good week conversing with some quality posters that offer a great counter.
This is a really interesting conversation, I hope it lasts forever.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally I think cancelling Djoko's visa increases anti-vax sentiment more than letting him stay. It is making a martyr of him. Antivaxxers love that sh*t.
You need to act on behalf of the 90% vaxed majority who will welcome the decision even if the anti-vaxers get a martyr.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
You need to act on behalf of the 90% vaxed majority who will welcome the decision even if the anti-vaxers get a martyr.
I don’t recall the 90% pissing on the shrine of remembrance, throwing flares down burke street and causing chaos in the cbd for weeks on end.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
If I'm Djoko I'd post a message on insta saying "get vaccinated everyone!" before tomorrow, smash the Australian lawyers in court, sh*t out twenty-first grand slam victory right in medevec's face, then go back to Serbia and/or Spain and post another instagram msg saying "sucked in campaigners" with a picture of that nelson guy from Simpsons like "HAHA" or whatever.

fu** Australia, carn Novax!!
Post of the thread..............

What's do you mean, how is that relevant?
The "90%" aren't inclined to violence if they don't get their way, therefore we should er... 'succumb to blackmail' or something similar.

Last edited:
Back