Are you happy Novak is NOT playing the AO

• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters
Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone read this? What a f@@ mess!

Filip Serdarusic, Croatian tennis coach and brother of tennis player Nino Serdarusic, told Serbian site Sport Klubhe only had to leave Australia after being granted a medical exemption due to Novak Djokovic’s situation.

He said Australian authorities were playing politics with Djokovic at the expense of others.

Serdarusic, who arrived in Australia on the same medical exemption as the world No.1, told Sport Klub journalist Sasa Ozmo that on the day Djokovic arrived, Australian immigration authorities called him at 10pm and asked him to attend an interview the following day.

“There was an opportunity to enter with an exemption. I am not vaccinated and I had coronavirus in October,” he said.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
What's the point of that statement?

My point was that 90% of the vaxxed majority who welcome the decision aren't a public menace, and the 10% who aren't vaxxed are likely to be incentivized by this decision to continue being disruptive to the community and ergo I don't agree that the minister needs to act in the favour of people like me who are very much pro-vax.

In other words, it is in fact stirring up "anti-vax sentiment" which is a little bit hypocritical in my eyes as that is the reason he is ostensibly not welcome in the country.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
My point was that 90% of the vaxxed majority who welcome the decision aren't a public menace, and the 10% who aren't vaxxed are likely to be incentivized by this decision to continue being disruptive to the community and ergo I don't agree that the minister needs to act in the favour of people like me who are very much pro-vax.

In other words, it is in fact stirring up "anti-vax sentiment" which is a little bit hypocritical in my eyes as that is the reason he is ostensibly not welcome in the country.

You say -“ are likely to be incentivized by this decision to continue being disruptive “

How ?

See at. 1.15 mark

Nearly 50 pages added in 1 and a half days, something big happen?

bato are you ded mon? Sup?
Only a full federal court hearing in front of three justices.

Maybe.

Also one from Sydney, one from Adelaide, one from Melbourne. Going to be a busy live stream dashboard with all those separate cameras.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
No one can complain it’s not going to be a fair hearing no matter which way it goes.
I will say though if he gets off goes on to win it would be the most remarkable GS wins of all time. Shithouse prep

I dunno. One of my posts got deleted but not sure why.
It looks like it was deleted because it quoted an appropriate post of someone else's, that often happens when we remove the original post….the posts quoting it go too.

I dunno. One of my posts got deleted but not sure why.

One of mine did, it had a few likes so it was semi popular :p

P.S Hopefully Novak flies out of Australia tomorrow night, but if he ends up staying and plays on Monday.... I hope the boo's are glorious

maybe he'll soak them in
img]
zhUCKe8.gif

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Yes I agree the argument used was unnecessary ,he should of went the not vaxed at all route imo

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Only the ones who are a threat to my immuno compromised loved ones.

An unvaccinated tennis player staying in a bubble inside of a city with tens of thousands of cases of coronavirus is not a threat. And I say that as someone who is personally immunocompromised and frankly terrified of catching it.

Back