• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:

Would you say it's probable he either caught covid deliberately or faked getting a positive test though?
Even if he legitimately got it, he probably got it because he was not wearing a mask and ignoring covid laws , which endangers others.
There's a lot of conjecture around this part but from what I've seen I think he was at a basketball game on the 14th? Other people from the game were testing positive, don't know if masks were mandated in these situations, don't think they were. His RAT's were coming up negative but got a PCR done anyway. Didn't have to isolate so continued about his business as he was free to do. Found out about his positive result on the 17th, did his interview with one other person, took some precautions doing that, seems he was successful in not spreading it, and then isolated after that. Maybe I'm a bit forgiving because there are people in Australia not isolating at all while infectious which makes Novak's actions here look pretty bloody minor imo

There's a lot of conjecture around this part but from what I've seen I think he was at a basketball game on the 14th? Other people from the game were testing positive, don't know if masks were mandated in these situations, don't think they were. His RAT's were coming up negative but got a PCR done anyway. Didn't have to isolate so continued about his business as he was free to do. Found out about his positive result on the 17th, did his interview with one other person, took some precautions doing that, seems he was successful in not spreading it, and then isolated after that. Maybe I'm a bit forgiving because there are people in Australia not isolating at all while infectious which makes Novak's actions here look pretty bloody minor imo
Lying on a travel declaration is never minor

He was happy to catch it though imo, as Tiley told him he'll have to catch it to get in.

A world wide 'role model' who didn't even have the decency to notify the interviewer or the function where the kids were. We only found out this because he got caught in his own lies. Yeah real "minor" from the grub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because, as far as I’m aware, no number 1 seed tennis player has ever been deported for being a threat to public health and civil order. So the odds of him being deported would be minuscule given how long tennis has been played in Australia.
I don’t think the judge would accept this as ground.

I suspect the decision will fall in favour of the Djokovic camp on this. Everyone will be happy. TA will have their biggest draw card secured, the Australian govt will look tough on border control despite losing the case, the Serbian government will have their hero to cheer and the average punter will have their their bad guy to jeer and ridicule and the media will be able to milk another two or three weeks out of the ongoing debacle. All round good result.
This is what I was hoping for but don’t think it’s going to happen now. Reckon he’s rooted

A world wide 'role model' who didn't even have the decency to notify the interviewer or the function where the kids were. We only found out this because he got caught in his own lies. Yeah real minor from the grub.
Not telling the interviewer was poor, but it doesn't mean the interviewer would've cancelled the interview either, he could've been recently recovered from covid for all anybody knew. And word may have then got out that Novak has covid which he obviously wanted kept quiet. The interview was apparently a long time in the making so I get why he went ahead with it, maybe he wouldn't have been able to do it for quite some time if he didn't do it then so he felt like he really owed it to them. Pretty sure that's what has been said anyway. I'd like to hear from the interviewer if he would've done the interview anyway had he known Novak had covid, how many people are going to turn an opportunity like that with him?

How long before the non tennis fans disappear from here?
No different to any other board on Bigfooty when there is a huge story brewing, people gather to discuss 🤷‍♀️ The cricket board during sandpaper gate, the SRP board during elections Etc etc.
I even posted on the flat earth thread once, my first threadban 🍸

The reasons for the cancellation are clearly ludicrous. I expect this gets laughed out of court.

One has to wonder if this was intentional by the Federal Government. No sane person would have received multiple days of legal advice decided to cancel the visa and done so on such spurious reasoning as "the possibility to incite vaccine hesitancy". It feels like a fake to me. Intentionally cancelled on grounds that will be overthrown to appear tough on the border and anti vaxxers while not taking any action.

Ok, in the scheme of things, what would it have changed if the correct box was ticked?
He would have abided by the laws of our country like everyone else has to. No big deal really…

🙄

Back