• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just confirms to me that he's as dumb as dog ####
Just thinking of himself and not those around him

He's allowed to do what he wants (just the same as people are allowed to voice their opinion of his actions).

If he never plays a grand slam again, I hope Rafa increases the lead further.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
It was his selfishness i was referring too.
Like you i hope Rafa increases his lead further over him.

Medvedev lamented that the crowd was against him in the Final against Nadal.

Said that he couldn't understand why .

Putting aside that Medvedev himself is not particularly likable, I think he was in the unfortunate position of the majority of tennis followers wanting Nadal to get up just to stick it to the real villain................. Novax!!

So in a way, Medvedev was a de facto bad guy.

Although I was barracking for Nadal, I do have some empathy for Medvedev.

He played out of his skin and probably would have beaten any other player on the world, including Novax

If it's Medvedev and Novax going head to head in a big final sometime in the future I think you could expect the Russian to get at at least 50% of the crowd support.

He would have mine.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Aus open final was a combination of a bunch of things
  • med being a trolly villain the whole tournament
  • Rafa going for history
  • Rafa being one of the most beloved players on tour (probably top 5 all time)
  • the race for 21 being against novax

I doubt anyone would have had the crowd over Rafa except Roger but let’s not pretend that med didn’t contribute to it all as well.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What doesn't this Goose not understand. If he had been vaccinated he could have played in the open
He really is as dumb as dog ####
Think you're kind of missing the point. He did everything he needed to as an un-vaccinated individual to compete. I recently received some confirmation on my thoughts of the saga from a significant individual who was very close to the situation, told me that TA were contacted by ABF before the other players/coaches/officials (that had the same exemption) boarded their planes that they were all clear to enter the country. ABF waited until Novak's plane was in the air to then call TA and inform them that his documentation was 'wrong' and he would be stopped at the airport.

Yes, he could've gotten vaccinated. But he did everything that was required of him otherwise as an un-vaccinated individual. The whole thing was 100% a political point scoring job

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Think you're kind of missing the point. He did everything he needed to as an un-vaccinated individual to compete. I recently received some confirmation on my thoughts of the saga from a significant individual who was very close to the situation, told me that TA were contacted by ABF before the other players/coaches/officials (that had the same exemption) boarded their planes that they were all clear to enter the country. ABF waited until Novak's plane was in the air to then call TA and inform them that his documentation was 'wrong' and he would be stopped at the airport.

Yes, he could've gotten vaccinated. But he did everything that was required of him otherwise as an un-vaccinated individual. The whole thing was 100% a political point scoring job
Exactly what I predicted and said at the time. Andrews made it political for months in the lead up to the tournament, then the Federal gov saw the points they could score from it and the situation played out as it did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Back