• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Well Medvedev himself doesn't seem to think so.

He's too nice
He needs to be evil Russian and say Novak will only gain more weeks at number 1 if he stops me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the clear favorite for the most titles now by the time it's all over. His pet tournament and Rafa more injury prone etc

Rafa is done I’m happy I saw him win the French because it’s likely his last one. Retires at next years french imo

Least this one knows what a brainless decision last year was lol

At least we won’t have to deal with your non-stop tears and borderline incoherent rambling this year.

It’s a massive relief to be honest.

Probably the clear favorite for the most titles now by the time it's all over. His pet tournament and Rafa more injury prone etc
Not particularly. Alcaraz is going to be primed. Kyrgios can be anything

Nadal needs one more at French and will be 23. Djokovic can very well go 3/1 next season.

FWIW i dont think the issue was ever that he was banned from coming. At the point in time that decision was made it was reasonable and the fact he is allowed now (when were into a different phase of covid management) doesnt make the decision last year wrong.

The issue from my POV is that if he wasnt going to be granted entry that should have been clearly communicated before he ever got on a plane. That he got here and looked like a pleb on border force was embarassing in the extreme for this country.

FWIW i dont think the issue was ever that he was banned from coming. At the point in time that decision was made it was reasonable and the fact he is allowed now (when were into a different phase of covid management) doesnt make the decision last year wrong.

The issue from my POV is that if he wasnt going to be granted entry that should have been clearly communicated before he ever got on a plane. That he got here and looked like a pleb on border force was embarassing in the extreme for this country.
100%

He was trying to use his Celebrity status and the weight of the Australian open to get in on a technicality, when everyone knew the intention of the rule was to block people like himself.

After the Australian people had just spent 6 months having their rights determined by how vaccinated society at large was, there was 0% chance he could ever stay. Now that vaccination has meant covid deaths are at an acceptable level, we removed the vaccination requirements.

The 3 year ban was just a byproduct of the law they used to boot him from the country, it was never intended to be adhered to.

100%

He was trying to use his Celebrity status and the weight of the Australian open to get in on a technicality, when everyone knew the intention of the rule was to block people like himself.

After the Australian people had just spent 6 months having their rights determined by how vaccinated society at large was, there was 0% chance he could ever stay. Now that vaccination has meant covid deaths are at an acceptable level, we removed the vaccination requirements.

The 3 year ban was just a byproduct of the law they used to boot him from the country, it was never intended to be adhered to.
My understanding of the 3 year ban was that its optional and it was never actually implemented (but i could be completely wrong).

100%

He wasn't trying to use his status, he did everything he was told he needed. The ABF changed how they were interpreting the exemption rules (or at least were directed to) after Novak boarded the plane, which is why they had to round up the other parties they had already let in. It was an opportunity for political point scoring, that's all.

Back