Remove this Banner Ad

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
It was under horse racing - extra markets - they have turned her price off - apparently TAB seem to think she is actually not eligible for the award because of her suspension!?!?!
Interesting has now been re-entered into the market as 2.25 fave at Sports - is not in the TAB market

Seems right for some solid end of season shenanigans from sports

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
One to put the pen through for the Cups

interesting comment in the story

Collins Street won a barrier trial on the all-weather at Dundalk on June 28 ahead of his debut. Barrier trials were only introduced in Ireland in 2018, by Horse Racing Ireland in partnership with Irish Thoroughbred Marketing to promote increased sales of unraced horses abroad, particularly Hong Kong.

What a rort. Just shows all they care about is ripping off the Chinese and not about horse racing.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure if serious here
I am serious.

Anything other than will definitely win, you should put a line through her horse.

When she said Sir Lucan would be better next prep, amongst other indifferent things, that was enough for me to leave it out of everything in the cup. Given there were only about 5 horses with any chance, that was kind of handy for first 4s and trifectas.

That's what I mean by saying you can sometimes get a bit of lead from her comments. Just not the lead most punters want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fairly normal railway outside the fave, missing a couple in the mid tier category but that happens when the borders are closed.

I mark him $1.65

Outside the fave there is 3 that have historically gone to railway level at the weights, The Velvet King (now a barrier rogue), Too Close The Sun (1 prep wonder at this stage), Kay Cee (anomaly run last year in the Lee Steere). None of them are in that form or look to be getting back to it, none win.

There is 3 that look like they could improve to that zone in Kissonallforcheeks (1600?), Notorious One, Comfort Me (barrier), everything else outside those 3 $30+

Western Empire has ran to the level required, looks to improve and gets run of the race with the best rider in the state on. It's honestly hard to make a case for the others.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Those comments were as a 3yo - it never went close to winning following them.
I get that. But it isn't ridiculous for someone to think they have a really good horse that won the Golden Slipper.

Anyway, my point wasn't that you should follow her when she spruiks something. But the opposite.

If she talks a horse down, like she did with Sir Lucan, then that actually is useful intel. Especially in a race like the Melbourne Cup where you are having first 4s and trifectas.

iluvparis

Import Whisperer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
I get that. But it isn't ridiculous for someone to think they have a really good horse that won the Golden Slipper.

Anyway, my point wasn't that you should follow her when she spruiks something. But the opposite.

If she talks a horse down, like she did with Sir Lucan, then that actually is useful intel. Especially in a race like the Melbourne Cup where you are having first 4s and trifectas.
Yes and the counterpoint is that will be useful the one time she does it every 3-4 years.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
2 horses from Ryan Balfour yard heading to Vic for tomorrow
Both really good winning chances
Get on gents !
R4. So Say Angel