Racing November Daily Thread: Another TAB F*** Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is a minimum commitment from the TAB to pay of more than 60 per cent of the $10 million deal, but the shortfall has been made up by increases in product fees from the new races, which punters have flocked to bet on.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

There is a minimum commitment from the TAB to pay of more than 60 per cent of the $10 million deal, but the shortfall has been made up by increases in product fees from the new races, which punters have flocked to bet on.
LOL at it being funded by Odds and Evens betting.. "which has not been a success". Whoever thought up that bet type should be sacked immediately.

LOL at it being funded by Odds and Evens betting.. "which has not been a success". Whoever thought up that bet type should be sacked immediately.

I can only assume the innovation hub at the TAB is being run by the Catholic church

"And God said, let the servers sh*t themselves on Stakes Day"

I believe the Melbourne Cup field is capped at 24 runners because that was the maximum capacity of Noah's Arc

Journey

Rookie
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
If anyone reads another journalist crying that Ben Allen should get more rides in the city, just direct them to Race 1 at Geelong today. Odds on favourite, couldn’t make a decision to go forward or go back so just planted 3 ride in a 5 horse field. if you are on the best horse, ride it like one.

If anyone reads another journalist crying that Ben Allen should get more rides in the city, just direct them to Race 1 at Geelong today. Odds on favourite, couldn’t make a decision to go forward or go back so just planted 3 ride in a 5 horse field. if you are on the best horse, ride it like one.

Poor ride but he does ride more good rides than bad ones. I’ll forgive him for one poor ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journey

Rookie
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Poor ride but he does ride more good rides than bad ones. I’ll forgive him for one poor ride.

in his last 20 rides on horse paying <$5 (5 odds on), he has ridden 2. He seems to ‘freeze’ when he is on the best or 2nd best horse like he is scared to win or stuff up. Lacks confidence on these horses, that’s the thing keeping him going to next level.

in his last 20 rides on horse paying <$5 (5 odds on), he has ridden 2. He seems to ‘freeze’ when he is on the best or 2nd best horse like he is scared to win or stuff up. Lacks confidence on these horses, that’s the thing keeping him going to next level.

Personally haven’t found him bad, mind you I haven’t backed him hugely. Prices are just that though if the horse ain’t good enough what do you expect? Can’t put on a jet pack or something lol

Trekking on form should just win, racing well at top level. That said he has only won 1 of his last 10 and his racing style does not encourage diving in at evens.

Can find plenty of ways to get rolled

This - best horse in the race by a furlong but has the worst possible racing style for the Ascot coffin. If he sat on the pace like Buffering did he'd be deep into the red. Huge non-zero chance he never even gets a fair crack at them.

Having said that I wouldn't back anything to beat him as the rest are utter trash and with even luck he will win cosily.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trekking is a tough one. Last year he come over at the peak of his powers and the market thought he'd go huge, by my count on SP rating him to his very best up to that point and from memory firmed on the day. Things didn't go his way that day but still ended midfield rail and in 10m more probably gets overtaken by Flirtini. He now comes over probably more consistent but it's just I don't see the point of where he's going to be a backable price despite in most scenario's winning this race.

He meets the same field of aging locals with only 2 horses fresh on the scene Indian Pacific and Celebrity Queen within striking distance to improve past him. (Elite Street needs to make a big jump). I think I have him almost 1.5-2L clear before map.

Mar 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Not sure what was worse, the ride or the call. Classic TB. Glad I was busy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back