Podcast NOW ALL 5 - ALL THE PODCASTS REVIEWED

Remove this Banner Ad

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Obviously I have too much time on my hands but have been listening to the multitude of Dees podcasts. So have decided to provide links and my thoughts in the hope of enticing others to similarly pass (waste) a few hours of their week.

The Original Dees Podcast. Slavs and Glove
http://www.deespodcast.com

This was the first podcast I think and without doubt the most fun one putting aside their annoyance at MFC dicking them around a while ago at the possibility of becoming “official”. A couple of wedding celebrant Melbourne tragics who love the Dees giving independant and often humorous insights, often with an interview of an old player like Brent Maloney thrown in.

DEE TALES Ian Cohen and Kerry Lambert
https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/dee-tales-1
Was previously on SEN but now independent. Their Old Acquaintance session is often good. Kerry I find a bit annoying and Ian likes to be seen as a font of wise insight but overall I find it a good listen. The slow accoustic version of the Dees song they close with is strangely addictive and I can envision it bringing a tear to the eye long after we next win a Premiership. (even with the out of synch clapping)

Inside Melbourne - The MFC official podcast
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-477231104
New this year and a slick operation. Have the best guest interviews because they have access to the players. Obviously toes the company line to an extent but overall I think it is an excellent listen.

Demonland Podcast
Just go to demonland.com. The player is at the top of every page slowing down the load time. I must admit I have never managed to listen to more than a few minutes because I can’t get past one grown man calling another grown man Grapeviney and there seems to often be glitches. But hey good on them for giving it a go.

afl.com.au Exchange Podcast
http://m.afl.com.au/news/afl-exchange-podcast
Not a Dees podcast but it often has Angus Brayshaw as a presenter so get the Melbourne perspective a fair bit. For an afl.com.au presentation it is also fairly irreverent and funny. Particularly liked Gus describing TMac’s field kicking as crap.

Thanks for that. There goes another bit of time out of the week!

Now with Deebrief added. I find my own post useful to just click the links to the podcasts. Hope others do as well. My order of preference currently is Inside Melbourne, The Original Dees Podcast, Deetales, Deebrief and Demonland.

Deebrief
https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/the-deebrief

If like me you don’t have buddies to go down the pub with to dissect the Dees week then join Houghto and assorted mates. It is just like you are popular and with friends. Thanks Ponsdale for pointing me to this one.

The Original Dees Podcast. Slavs and Glove
http://www.deespodcast.com

This was the first podcast I think and without doubt the most fun one putting aside their annoyance at MFC dicking them around a while ago at the possibility of becoming “official”. A couple of wedding celebrant Melbourne tragics who love the Dees giving independant and often humorous insights, often with an interview of an old player like Brent Maloney thrown in.

DEE TALES Ian Cohen and Kerry Lambert
https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/dee-tales-1
Was previously on SEN but now independent. Their Old Acquaintance session is often good. Kerry I find a bit annoying and Ian likes to be seen as a font of wise insight but overall I find it a good listen. The slow accoustic version of the Dees song they close with is strangely addictive and I can envision it bringing a tear to the eye long after we next win a Premiership. (even with the out of synch clapping)

Inside Melbourne - The MFC official podcast
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-477231104
New this year and a slick operation. Have the best guest interviews because they have access to the players. Obviously toes the company line to an extent but overall I think it is an excellent listen.

Demonland Podcast
Just go to demonland.com. The player is at the top of every page slowing down the load time. I must admit I have never managed to listen to more than a few minutes because I can’t get past one grown man calling another grown man Grapeviney and there seems to often be glitches. But hey good on them for giving it a go.

afl.com.au Exchange Podcast
http://m.afl.com.au/news/afl-exchange-podcast
Not a Dees podcast but it often has Angus Brayshaw as a presenter so get the Melbourne perspective a fair bit. For an afl.com.au presentation it is also fairly irreverent and funny. Particularly liked Gus describing TMac’s field kicking as crap.

We're lucky to have so many excellent podcasts about our beloved club. I listen to most of them when I can and love the enthusiasm from all, but special mention to the dee brief where the passion is undeniable and to put out 2 pods a week has my respect.

Obviously just cannot get enough of Dees talk at the moment so bringing these links to the fore again.
If you want a great listen follow the debrief link and take in the interview with the Wiz, pre Hawks match, absolutely fantastic for those of us who were lucky enough to see him in full flight! Enjoy

Bump!

Obviously Gus and Gawny should be added to this list.

Also, we have some new players in the podcast space - BF member TheGhostOfJohnBelushi is part of a podcast that re-watches old footy games and discusses - and the pod is looking for guests to join them for a game for discussion / analysis / banter or whatever is most likely for the situation.

I will say right now that if anyone volunteers from this board to rewatch and provide Melbourne perspective for 186 then I’m buying popcorn and listening from start to finish. Otherwise a good opportunity for those interested in getting involved but without the time to establish your own thing.

If you want to get involved, or find out some more, you can go here and talk to the hosts:

Bump!

Obviously Gus and Gawny should be added to this list.

Also, we have some new players in the podcast space - BF member TheGhostOfJohnBelushi is part of a podcast that re-watches old footy games and discusses - and the pod is looking for guests to join them for a game for discussion / analysis / banter or whatever is most likely for the situation.

I will say right now that if anyone volunteers from this board to rewatch and provide Melbourne perspective for 186 then I’m buying popcorn and listening from start to finish. Otherwise a good opportunity for those interested in getting involved but without the time to establish your own thing.

If you want to get involved, or find out some more, you can go here and talk to the hosts:

Thanks for the bump, I was going to update at some point for 2021 so here we are. I presume they are going to start up again in the next two weeks. Any podcast app will find the below with a search.

1. The Deebrief is still a goer and has got slicker in production. Adrian, the host from Podular Media also did the series on The Merger.

2. The Original Dees Podcast I presume is also still a goer and will still be a fun, get drunk, follow the host’s love life get together for Dee supporters.

3. The Demonland one grew on me last year. It is an older demographic I think, goes longer and can be pretty in depth. Reckon they have been around the club a long time.

4. I have also found Attention to Deetail which I have not listened to yet but note has released a new episode today with Guy Rigoni.

5. Then you have the club ones including as Proper Gander (truly wish I had made that name up and to misquote Wilde, maybe I will one day) mentioned, Gus and Gawny which focusses too much on Shapes biscuits and then possibly Talking Points with the far too young looking club media guy Ben Gibson.

I had no idea about “Theghostofjohnbelushi” discussion one so thank you. Will look for it and very much avoid any numbers between 185 and 187.

My opinion is that they are all worth supporting. Writing this makes me realise my life may not be chock full of wonder and enlightenment so perhaps feel good about yourself if you have not the time to take them all in.

Thanks for the bump, I was going to update at some point for 2021 so here we are. I presume they are going to start up again in the next two weeks. Any podcast app will find the below with a search.

1. The Deebrief is still a goer and has got slicker in production. Adrian, the host from Podular Media also did the series on The Merger.

2. The Original Dees Podcast I presume is also still a goer and will still be a fun, get drunk, follow the host’s love life get together for Dee supporters.

3. The Demonland one grew on me last year. It is an older demographic I think, goes longer and can be pretty in depth. Reckon they have been around the club a long time.

4. I have also found Attention to Deetail which I have not listened to yet but note has released a new episode today with Guy Rigoni.

5. Then you have the club ones including as Proper Gander (truly wish I had made that name up and to misquote Wilde, maybe I will one day) mentioned, Gus and Gawny which focusses too much on Shapes biscuits and then possibly Talking Points with the far too young looking club media guy Ben Gibson.

I had no idea about “Theghostofjohnbelushi” discussion one so thank you. Will look for it and very much avoid any numbers between 185 and 187.

My opinion is that they are all worth supporting. Writing this makes me realise my life may not be chock full of wonder and enlightenment so perhaps feel good about yourself if you have not the time to take them all in.
I’m not a demonland poster and don’t know much about what they put out, but listened to a couple of their podcasts last year and would recommend based on that.

Harsh on Gus and Gawny I feel, I really enjoy it.

Neither of our lives appear perfect from the outside, I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also should I call you Imet, or do you prefer Hassa? Or Mr Hassa even?

Also should I call you Imet, or do you prefer Hassa? Or Mr Hassa even?
Whilst The formality if Mr Hassa is nice, I think for one of Irish/Scottish heritage to be called Imet evokes a strangely exotic Middle Eastern appeal.
Yes, Gus and Gawny is entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back