Now for the Showdown!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

What a match its gonna be. I reckon it will be the first game to get over 50,000 at footy park in...with both teams so high up on the ladder. If its gonna happen then it will be this week.

To be brutally honest i cant see us getting within 7 goals of the Crows at the moment..and it will most likely be a 10 goal loss. I do believe however that if we were at full strength we would win. Depends on who we get back this week and whether we lose Francou and James and maybe Burgoyne to suspension as well.

Will be a ripper match and probably a preview for a Showdown final the way things are going.

Anyone else going to the match?? Wouldnt mind catching up with some of you Crows scum for a beer or two before or after the match :cool: :)

Congrats on your win against Essendon...Adelaide certainly is here to play in 2002!

Originally posted by Macca19
What a match its gonna be. I reckon it will be the first game to get over 50,000 at footy park in...with both teams so high up on the ladder. If its gonna happen then it will be this week.

To be brutally honest i cant see us getting within 7 goals of the Crows at the moment..and it will most likely be a 10 goal loss. I do believe however that if we were at full strength we would win. Depends on who we get back this week and whether we lose Francou and James and maybe Burgoyne to suspension as well.

Will be a ripper match and probably a preview for a Showdown final the way things are going.

Anyone else going to the match?? Wouldnt mind catching up with some of you Crows scum for a beer or two before or after the match :cool: :)

Congrats on your win against Essendon...Adelaide certainly is here to play in 2002!

Am i reading this correctly or is Macca19 playing mind games,
a 10 GOAL win to the Crows sounds like heaven to me ,

I will be going down with a pap mate of mine who has season Port Power tickets so i guess i'll be among all you ferals, doe's sound like fun though especially if we turn the tables with a win [13pts] over you guys,

crowd = 51739

Originally posted by powergirlluv17
hopefully we will get the biggest attendance EVER at AAMI stadium unlike the crows sell outs which continuely get about 8 to 9 thousand no shows :rolleyes:

Sellouts this season
Crows 5
Power 0

20% of crows supporters are from country areas..but anyway...considering the only time yous can get a decent crowd is when we fill ur seats, I think u should shut up.

BTW...35000 vs Hawthorn last year in that FINAL....:D

Originally posted by powergirlluv17
hopefully we will get the biggest attendance EVER at AAMI stadium unlike the crows sell outs which continuely get about 8 to 9 thousand no shows :rolleyes:
How many of these are category 1 members who follow the Power? BTW, I couldn't fo the life of me see where the other 10K would fit today. Looked like a high 40K crowd.

Macca, surely your taking the urine about a big Port loss. Your statement about who comes back from injury & potential suspensions is very relevant. Remember too that Roo & Goody were injured today, so the odds are we will lose at least one of them. Lose both & we are in strife! Could be the battle of the 2-tier midfielders.

Does anyone know how Welshy went on the weekend for Westies? We need another forward option.

Originally posted by topjars
Isnt Basset back for the Crows next week?
I think Roo will be ok and so will Goody

McGregor out Basset in

No way would we drop McGregor right now.

Ken has really surprised me with his good recent form. He gave Lucas such a towelling today it wasn't funny.

Even Crowell is doing well.

If Basset & welsh are to return Doughty & Shir are the only two who might have to make way. Hopefully both Goody & Roo will be available for the Showdown.

It'll be a great game no matter what. Good luck, Port.

Dare I say it, whoever loses this will win the eventual Showdown in the eventual Qualifying Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by topjars
Isnt Basset back for the Crows next week?
I think Roo will be ok and so will Goody

McGregor out Basset in
Huh? What has McGregor done wrong? He gave Lucas as absolute bath. Bassett is unlikely to be fit for next week. However, Welshy may be a chance. As for Roo & Goody, hopefully they will be OK.

Re: Re: Now for the Showdown!!!

Originally posted by noddy

Am i reading this correctly or is Macca19 playing mind games,
a 10 GOAL win to the Crows sounds like heaven to me ,

I will be going down with a pap mate of mine who has season Port Power tickets so i guess i'll be among all you ferals, doe's sound like fun though especially if we turn the tables with a win [13pts] over you guys,

crowd = 51739

Theres put a beer on it Noddy who gets the closest.
I say 51740 :D :D :D

Port by 29pts, P Burgoyne to kick 7

Well I think Ricciuto will play even if he had a broken leg he would run onto the field. It will be an interesting first quarter to see if there are any memories from the Ramsgate biffo.
Maybe the players can have a few beers before the game.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Macca, surely your taking the urine about a big Port loss.

Not at all. Crows would be the form team in the league. Currently Port are missing 5-6 top 10-12 players and have no midfielders left to bring into the side (either being injured or already playing with the Power). This causes us problems. Now instead of having Dew either on a forward or back flank and Burgoyne down at Full Forward/forward pocket, we are forced to play them in the middle. If Wanganeen, Hardwick and Kinger dont get up then we are in deep strife...ESPECIALLY if James and Francou go too.

Losing Roo and Goodwin would hurt the Crows, but 2 gone is better than 6 (possibly 8) gone. Id much rather be in the Crows position at the moment. Given all these factors and the fact that the Crows will be hungry as ever to win a Showdown for a change, then i reckon the Crows will win and win comfortably. No mind games and no pi.ss takes. I just reckon the Crows will flog us this week. Dare i say that if Port get up it will be one of our best wins ever.

We wont get within 10 goals of the Crows, but it will be a ripper game????

Very interesting analysis.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Macca, surely your taking the urine about a big Port loss.

Of course he is, he said Port would lose to Carlton too, I'm onto him now.:D I can't wait to see Macca's preview and selection on the powerfromport.com later in the week actually.

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry

Is trolling the latest word for proving that someone is an idot.

heck if it is....im a troll

and u have no idea wat you are on about.

Tyson, meet Holly, nice girl but not half the woman Marissa is.:)

Originally posted by Group#1Gav

We wont get within 10 goals of the Crows, but it will be a ripper game????

Very interesting analysis.

ripper being hard, tough, spiteful, probably a fight or five.
If we get Hardwick, Wanganeen and Kinger back and dont lose James or Francou or anyone else the tribunal would like to randomly pick for suspension then i think it will be a close game and we might cause an upset....but if we lose james and only get say Kinger back then i cant see us getting close.

See how the selections go i guess.

Re: Re: Re: Now for the Showdown!!!

Originally posted by sapaul

Of course he is, he said Port would lose to Carlton too, I'm onto him now.:D

He said it was a danger game, as did a lot of other Port supporters.
It definitely turned out that way, and if we had the option of "just" winning before the game, most of us would have taken it.
The same was said before both North's games and the Sydney one.
The one game this year that got under our guard, was round 2.

Difference between most Port and Crows supporters on Big Footy is that we are more realistic.

To be brutally honest i cant see us getting within 7 goals of the Crows at the moment..and it will most likely be a 10 goal loss.

would be a nice b'day pressie if u r right macca19 :cool:

the showdown is 2 days before my b'day & im having the whole clan over to watch it so...

(from a t-shirt) PORT BRINGS THE A$$ & WE BRING THE WIPPING :);)
GO CROWS!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back