Now for the Showdown!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carr will get Johnson

Hi Guys

Hi there, havn't been on an Adelaide board for a while - ever since telstra stuffed everything up. Looking forward to the game this week : should be a beauty. Will need a good 4 quarter effort to get over the Paps. Everybody going to the game - make plenty of noise for the boys. GO CROWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I think that the Crows even without Goody and Roo will still be damaging, considering that Goody missed 98% of last weeks match, it's almost as if we're only missing Roo from last week.

It is a good call for the club as both are vital for our final chances which is much better than a Showdown, although beating Port is great.

But this also gives a "finals" experience for some of our younger players, so come finals time, all should be well, evern if we lose on Sunday, but we should win on form anyway!

Re: Matchups

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
With Goody & Roo out the Crows will be underdogs (Macca), but the game is still very winable as the Power also have some players out. If the Crows get up, it would just make it a little sweeter with our leaders out.

Crows' Backline: I expect Smarty will probably get the job again on Tredrea. Did an OK job last time, so it will be pivotal that Tredders is kept under reasonable control (unlike last week). That leaves McGregor to pick up Cornes (or the resting ruckman). I wonder if Ayres will actually consider swapping these 2 & trying Kenny on Tredrea. Not sure that I have the confidence, but it may just happen. The other back-4 are likely to be Crowell, Hart, Massie & Edwards (who could play on P Burgoyne & rotate with say a Bicks on the ball) to play on Port's Aborginal brothers if as selected (although I reckon Wangas will play in defence with Hardwick dropping out).

Midfield: Bigland/Clarke v Primus/French will be crucial. Can't see us winning if Primus is dominant. Another big challenge for Biglands, but based on the last few weeks there is no reason why he can't teach the master a lesson. Stinger must pick up Francou, who always plays well in showdowns (how many medals has he won now?) I wonder who Carr will pick up now? Probably Macca, who will need to play mostly in the midfield this week. Crows need a strong leadership performance from Johnson & Bickley, & a continued consistency from Ladhams, Bode, Doughty & Mattner v under-rated James, P Burgoyne, K Cornes, Dew, etc. N Stevens & Schofield out certainly offsets much of the Crows out for the week.

Crows' Forwards: Bishop is a good mobile matchup for Stevens who is crucial to the Crows' forward structure. Wakelin will know from the maggies how to play on Beinke. The Birdman could be the wild card & I reckon the in-form Montogomery is the best match-up (but wouldn't be suprise if Chocco uses the negating Poulton instead). Reckon Wanganeen will pick up Stiffy, who I would prefer in defence playing on S Burgoyne.

Should be a great game. Haven't seen the weather forecast, but hopefully it is OK to enable a 50K+ crowd.
[/QUOTE

Biglands on Primus will be a BIG BATTLE.
Did you see him leap over Salmon last week? Beeeuatiful.
I think Rhett has done OK against Primus.

Johnson will not be shaded.

As others have said; he's gone from Injured to Hungry to Bench Warming to Playing and this week should see him get another BIG bag of touches to compliment his 19 he got against the Pork in Showdown X1

Macca as Captain will Fire.

Crows to win ...by a kick and a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back