Now Jobe is coming back-whats happening to the Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So a midfielder averaging 11 kicks a week in a side that had 8, 10, 7 and 11 wins now can be construed as being a very good player?

Please.

Interesting that that jumped up to 16 kicks per week in 2012.

As did Contested possessions, clearances, rebound 50s and Time on Ground. All stats that relate to physicality.

Whereas disposal efficiency, clangers and uncontested possession remained much the same.

Just seems strange that this happened on the back of a PED program.
He was leading the Brownlow in 2011 before he got injured and made the AA team in 2013 you dolt.

Prior to PEDs:
He's the son of a club champion, started as an unfit battler who was dropped and written off by many young,

After PEDs:
who became a three time B&F winner, a multiple all Australian and a Brownlow medallist.

He's a lifetime EFC person whose form and rise was a rare highlight in an unsuccessful period. He's pretty revered around the club for all these reasons. Is it that hard to understand?

Well yes, it is difficult to understand. That's why I posed the question.

He's had one very, very good season. He was unstoppable. He had another good season in 2013. Aside from that, he's been Ok at best as a player.

He was a battler, who became a beast after using PEDs.

As a leader, his team was mediocre until he led them into a PED program that cost the club millions and made them the laughing stock of Australian sport, and cost most of his players their careers.

Yet he's revered??

I genuinely don't get it. What, cause he's a nice bloke??

Now I'm not saying I hate him and he's a s**t man - but he's simply been an average/Ok player over his whole career and clearly been a terrible leader. I don't for the life of me see how Essendon fans would 'revere' him, and even moreso why the rest of us are expected to .

I mean, if you take out 2012 his stats are in the David Armitage territory.

Here's a simple question.

Does anyone truly believe that the appeal will be lost? How can people be so sure that this will be the result.

Seems to be a lot of misguided hope that it does happen by many.
The appeal will very likely be lost, pazza. I'm not sure why you're so sure of anything different being the case and equally, a little bemused that you'd think people thinking the appeal won't succeed are in the minority.

Prior to PEDs:

After PEDs:

Well yes, it is difficult to understand. That's why I posed the question.

He's had one very, very good season. He was unstoppable. He had another good season in 2013. Aside from that, he's been Ok at best as a player.

He was a battler, who became a beast after using PEDs.

As a leader, his team was mediocre until he led them into a PED program that cost the club millions and made them the laughing stock of Australian sport, and cost most of his players their careers.

Yet he's revered??

I genuinely don't get it. What, cause he's a nice bloke??

Now I'm not saying I hate him and he's a s**t man - but he's simply been an average/Ok player over his whole career and clearly been a terrible leader. I don't for the life of me see how Essendon fans would 'revere' him, and even moreso why the rest of us are expected to .

I mean, if you take out 2012 his stats are in the David Armitage territory.
Just stop. He won two of his three BnFs before 2012.

You have no idea what you're talking about and should stop digging now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a simple question.

Does anyone truly believe that the appeal will be lost? How can people be so sure that this will be the result.

Seems to be a lot of misguided hope that it does happen by many.
I'm hoping it gets upheld!

Imagine the drama!!

It's the best possible result. They were still found guilty of taking PEDs which is not being disputed, and they served a 1 year ban - but then they get off on a technicality!

You couldn't make that s**t up.

you just nerver can tell what an appeal court will do I guess. Is there enough evidence to overturn the decision? We truly don't know the answer.

The appeal is not about evidence, it is about the process. Importantly, a point of process that the players requested.

That is why people think the appeal will fail.

Imagine the drama!!

It's the best possible result. They were still found guilty of taking PEDs which is not being disputed, and they served a 1 year ban - but then they get off on a technicality!

Or they lose and he hands back his ill gotten award

So a midfielder averaging 11 kicks a week in a side that had 8, 10, 7 and 11 wins now can be construed as being a very good player?

Please.

Interesting that that jumped up to 16 kicks per week in 2012.

As did Contested possessions, clearances, rebound 50s and Time on Ground. All stats that relate to physicality.

Whereas disposal efficiency, clangers and uncontested possession remained much the same.

Just seems strange that this happened on the back of a PED program.
Rory Sloane - career average kicks 11.1 (11.9 in 2016)
Jobe Watson - career average kicks 11.1

Imagine the drama!!

More income for chief :)

In a team that won 10 and 7 games for the season.

That doesn't make you great. Doesn't even make you very good. David Teague won a B&F when his team won 10 games FFS!

You don't even know what you're arguing about anymore, do you?

'Jobe was only good because he was on PEDs'.

Ok, well here's some demonstrable evidence that suggests he was a very good player before the supplement program.

'Yeah but the team was s**t at the time!'.

Yeah but he won his Brownlow in a year when when Essendon finished 11th. You know, when he was artificially good.....

Derp.

You don't even know what you're arguing about anymore, do you?

'Jobe was only good because he was on PEDs'.

Ok, well here's some demonstrable evidence that suggests he was a very good player before the supplement program.

'Yeah but the team was s**t at the time!'.

Yeah but he won his Brownlow in a year when when Essendon finished 11th. You know, when he was artificially good.....

Derp.

They fell apart at the end of that season didn't they?

They were like 8/1

They fell apart at the end of that season didn't they?

They were like 8/1

They were super human at the beginning of the season with explosive speed and power.

But slowly but surely the soft tissue injuries mounted. It was pretty clear and obvious what had occurred at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back