Now LAMBOSE definitely in hot water!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure the media will give a toss (it's only Brisbane after all). Gubby has been the big story in this, because, well, Collingwood matters apparently.
I think it will be more a case of cleaning up the place and it sounds like the club or some there found some other chinks in his armour as well. His values may not align with those of the new administration.
??

Definitely, and I'm not sure we would have done anything different had we known what info was available at the time. Worth rolling the dice back then, given it seems the belief was it would come to nothing. Oh well.
Well Collingwood were armed with the facts. And it didnt change their mind in relation to Allen. So i very much doubt that 12 months earlier if we had those same facts it would have changed ours minds either.

From the Lions Website:

The Brisbane Lions have confirmed Andrew Crowell as the Club's new Head of Welfare and Wellbeing.

Crowell joins the Club from the AFL Players' Association, where he worked as Player Development and Engagement Regional Manager with responsibility for five Clubs (Port Adelaide, Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle & Essendon).

The 39-year-old has built up a strong track record in the welfare and community space over the past decade, having played 44 games for Adelaide from 2000-03 before a dislocated knee ended his career.

Brisbane Lions General Manager of Football, David Noble, said Crowell would provide strong leadership in the welfare and wellbeing space.

“Andrew comes to our Club with an impeccable track record in this space and is highly regarded across the industry,” said Noble.

“We have a young playing group and ensuring they have the support they need off the field is a priority for our Club.

“Andrew brings a wealth of experience through his work in player development and community engagement and is a great addition to our team.”

Crowell said he could not wait to get started in the new role in coming weeks.

“I’m really excited by the opportunity to be part of the Brisbane Lions – there’s a lot of potential in the group and it’s great to be heading north,” he said.

Noble said the Club was continuing to work through the long-term detail of the year-long suspension handed down to Retention & Strategy Manager Craig Lambert.

All this on top of the past years, is why I now have a wait and see attitude about the club..

Can no longer get fired up with excitement about things/changes at the club. Lambert was the best recruit etc etc etc....yeah nah, turned out real well.

I'll get excited when I see results.

This is an afl imposed ban.
Don't kid yourself .........Had to be ratified by ASADA ............. (and would have been given the green light BEFORE it was made public - the ASADA "we are satisfied", post release, was just a smug way of saying ...."good little AFL boys, you have done what you were told").

On paper looks like a good appointment - experience and insight. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...d/news-story/b6811486eb81f2771a458083a13487e3
I found the same article, but the link hits a paywall.
For those getting the paywall, the interesting (to me) bit;
After a few gently probing questions from the late Dr Sando, Crowell was a mess.
“I basically broke down,” he recalled. He spent about an hour with Dr Sando before being diagnosed with depression and was ordered away.
“Go back to the farm,” Dr Sando said. “You need to get away.”
As Crowell looks back, he can trace the lead-up to his meltdown.
He had been struggling to get a game — he had not been selected that season — and the pressure was building up by the week.

Within a couple of weeks, Crowell was back at the club. For the second half of the year, he played some of the best football of his career.
“The biggest message from was that the more you bottle things up, the worse you feel.”
It is what he preaches as the AFLPA has launched its Better Out Than In program which encourages players to speak out about their problems rather than keeping it inside.
Another key is to find an outlet. For Crowell, it turned out to be music, and he continues to play the guitar and perform in a band.
His advice to players today is that the outside interest could be anything, but that they need that release.
He's had to deal with some real troubles and is obviously invested in helping others going through those troubles.
A great appointment by the look of things.

Seems to be a good appointment. Well results mean everything, but it doesn't look like a terrible choice - so that's always a plus for us. Mel staying around will offer some familiarity which is a plus too (at least that is what appears to be happening?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart move by the club to create a "Head of" Welfare and Wellbeing role. Having a "Head of" role (which is likely to be more senior than Lambert's Welfare Manager role) means that they can either make the Welfare Manager role redundant down the track or have Lambert(s) role report into the Head of Welfare and Wellbeing role. This keeps their options open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move by the club to create a "Head of" Welfare and Wellbeing role. Having a "Head of" role (which is likely to be more senior than Lambert's Welfare Manager role) means that they can either make the Welfare Manager role redundant down the track or have Lambert(s) role report into the Head of Welfare and Wellbeing role. This keeps their options open.

Lambert's role was Retention and Strategy Manager. I believe Mel's role is more closely aligned with Welfare Manager or similar.

Same principle applies though.

Welcome, btw, haven't seen you around much before :)

Re: Lambert's title...that will teach me for relying on Wikipedia for "facts"! But as you say, same concept applies.

Yes, I'm fairly new to the boards. Was a lions member for a long time before I moved away from Brisbane.

Re: Lambert's title...that will teach me for relying on Wikipedia for "facts"! But as you say, same concept applies.

Yes, I'm fairly new to the boards. Was a lions member for a long time before I moved away from Brisbane.

If the HK is for Hong Kong, I hope that you've been able to get involved with the Hong Kong Dragons. I had 10 great years in Singapore and loved the playing then umpiring aspect.

Hi guys. Get this is sensitive and on your board so I am going to tread lightly.
Came here to empathise I guess, I get the whack for GWS is of our making. Different for you, being uninvolved but copping a penalty. You have a reason to be pissed that we swiped the best player welfare couple in the business, and then you've lost at least one of them on their return because of actions at GWS.
Would be interesting if Mels role was limited. The anti discimination says you cant do that. Dont think comparisons with Essendon are generaĺly relevant to this but one lesson every club has learnt, I think is take you lumps and end it rather than fight.
Anyway
Sorry is the message I want to send.

Posting quotes from former One Direction members is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And clearly a cry for help.

FullSizeRender.jpg

E
Please Lambos give the cringe-worthy tweets a rest.

Bombarding people with overly-emotional self-pitying pseudo-psychology. Poor young blokes if they had to cop this crap in person all last year.
Especially when the club as a whole is trying to go down a different path and remain positive in all aspects of the footy department.
Even though the tweets r kinda positive in a way, they send a very negative vibe.
It's just "THE VIBE".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back