Now LAMBOSE definitely in hot water!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Giants for stuffing up a good thing. Sort of. Meh Im still blaming them. Whitfield cost us a great asset to our club with his stupidity.
Sadly I think you're right about it being our fault. Whole thing was a massive screwup and Craig Lambert paid the price of too much loyalty to his players.
Wondering if he might come back to us, not sure if Mel still works for you? I think we should at least make an offer.

Sadly I think you're right about it being our fault. Whole thing was a massive screwup and Craig Lambert paid the price of too much loyalty to his players.
Wondering if he might come back to us, not sure if Mel still works for you? I think we should at least make an offer.

Richmond.

Stil remember when l went to the Domain last year and l was in a sea of WC supporters (I think) and he looked over to me and gave me a nod. Was only a small and simple gesture but at least he acknowledged me coming over. Nice guy but we have moved on unfortunately. Hope he has better luck in the future

Little point in changing something that was working and seems to have improved even under Crowell.

He was an unhinged character who I felt medled in petty politics and didnt always set the best example. I am pleased he is leaving the club, he wouldn't survive under fagnob anyway. Passionate guy who loves the club and young players and someone I am sure has a good heart, but just not a Profesional enough for the modern football environment.

He was an unhinged character who I felt medled in petty politics and didnt always set the best example. I am pleased he is leaving the club, he wouldn't survive under fagnob anyway. Passionate guy who loves the club and young players and someone I am sure has a good heart, but just not a Profesional enough for the modern football environment.
I think everyone can agree with this. Great bloke from all accounts but probably not best suited to a job such as this.

True story that probably means nothing; when we were at training Tuesday there were only a dozen onlookers. (There were an entire junior squad but they stayed in the back of the stand in the shade.) One guy turned out to be Rocky's dad, another Schache's mum, there were a couple ladies that I swear I have seen at almost every training session I have been to in three states over a decade... But anyway.

Mel Lambert rocked in with a couple ladies and sat about 20 seats away and started talking. I wasn't eavesdropping, but the combo of her loud voice and no background noise meant it was hard not to hear.

In short and paraphrasing; she said " Lambo was 'keeping busy at home' but was itching to get back to things. As his former role was already filled he was talking to the club about other roles. As there are always plenty of jobs in a footy club it was just a matter of agreeing to what suited both parties."

There was no mention of issues or a lack of communication, and Mel made no attempt to keep her chat 'hush-hush', so I guess this has all come to a head since then. Again this was Tuesday.

My view is that Lambo is a well meaning and caring bloke with a unique world view and perhaps a healthy persecution complex. I wish him and his family all the best but think we'll be alright without him. Sometimes having someone in your corner who blindly supports you isn't the best thing, especially for impressionable young men.

True story that probably means nothing; when we were at training Tuesday there were only a dozen onlookers. (There were an entire junior squad but they stayed in the back of the stand in the shade.) One guy turned out to be Rocky's dad, another Schache's mum, there were a couple ladies that I swear I have seen at almost every training session I have been to in three states over a decade... But anyway.

Mel Lambert rocked in with a couple ladies and sat about 20 seats away and started talking. I wasn't eavesdropping, but the combo of her loud voice and no background noise meant it was hard not to hear.

In short and paraphrasing; she said " Lambo was 'keeping busy at home' but was itching to get back to things. As his former role was already filled he was talking to the club about other roles. As there are always plenty of jobs in a footy club it was just a matter of agreeing to what suited both parties."

There was no mention of issues or a lack of communication, and Mel made no attempt to keep her chat 'hush-hush', so I guess this has all come to a head since then. Again this was Tuesday.

My view is that Lambo is a well meaning and caring bloke with a unique world view and perhaps a healthy persecution complex. I wish him and his family all the best but think we'll be alright without him. Sometimes having someone in your corner who blindly supports you isn't the best thing, especially for impressionable young men.

Teenagers/ young men and women are passionate enough; they need to be tempered by calm and empathetic wiseness that can direct that passion into positive activity.

Lambo strikes me as being just as passionate and impulsive as the young men he had worked with and that led to him getting caught up in the debacle at GWS.

I'm happy with him no longer being in the welfare role, and hope the pay out of his contract will give him time to find a new endeavour.

Thank god for that. Let Richmond deal with his issues and pathological need to be cuddled and told how amazing he is.

His second stint was an abject failure and the GWS stuff was only a small part of that.

"It's all about Craig - the rest is mythology."

- club official

May also join Gubby at Collingwood as they will be restructuring.

No disrespect to the Lambert’s, but in the player retention space things seem to have done a 180 since Craig was delisted (so to speak). Or perhaps there’s been a lag and we’re now reaping the benefits of what they put in place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to the Lambert’s, but in the player retention space things seem to have done a 180 since Craig was delisted (so to speak). Or perhaps there’s been a lag and we’re now reaping the benefits of what they put in place?

It wasn’t a successful 2nd stint at the club for sure. The welfare function in the club now seems to be highly professional and embedded into all areas of club operations rather than just a stand-alone exercise in distributing warm fuzzies. I feel like it would be a bit unfair to lump too much on the Lamberts even though Craig especially seems to have had his problems. The club is better resourced and has pretty solid people running things in all areas.

It wasn’t a successful 2nd stint at the club for sure. The welfare function in the club now seems to be highly professional and embedded into all areas of club operations rather than just a stand-alone exercise in distributing warm fuzzies. I feel like it would be a bit unfair to lump too much on the Lamberts even though Craig especially seems to have had his problems. The club is better resourced and has pretty solid people running things in all areas.
Agreed.

It felt like getting Craig in was sort of a band-aid quick fix, we've actually done it properly now and it's showing.

Don't care about Lamberts.

More concerned about what has happened to Kezza AKA patfullfankezz

Went to every Lions game in one season a few years back. I’d like to do that one year. Kids finish school 2025 so maybe 2026 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back