Now LAMBOSE definitely in hot water!

Remove this Banner Ad

matwt73 injected a bit of humour in to the thread, and some people didn't get it.

But I suspect you get that.

If that was his intention I didn't get it. I suppose it was the lack of actual humor that did it for me.

So at what point does the narrative become a body count of people who Tom Rockliff has seen off, or seen the back of

Voss,
GH5,
Leppa,
Redden
Hanley (we are stuck with the ring leader but m0ve on the minion)
Lambert

Different reasons (and individually justified in every case) but why should rocky believe he is anything other than the most important person in the club when every off season move appears to fall in his favour.
And Rockliff gets to kiss the badge and have the facebook crowd fawning over what a loyal ******* goose he is. Well that's ******* stuffed.

Edit- interesting to see what the swear filter did with that one
Seriously reaching to use Lamberts F*** up before he was at the Lions as a stick to beat Rocky with. If Lamberts gone it is a direct reaction to his own actions. You must have a serious hate on for the Rocky.

So at what point does the narrative become a body count of people who Tom Rockliff has seen off, or seen the back of

Voss,
GH5,
Leppa,
Redden
Hanley (we are stuck with the ring leader but m0ve on the minion)
Lambert

Different reasons (and individually justified in every case) but why should rocky believe he is anything other than the most important person in the club when every off season move appears to fall in his favour.
And Rockliff gets to kiss the badge and have the facebook crowd fawning over what a loyal ******* goose he is. Well that's ******* stuffed.

Edit- interesting to see what the swear filter did with that one

Double checked. Rockliff does pass the filter.

I hope none of this costs the club a cent and if he is found guilty, ASADA?WADA will kick him out of the game and we should not be providing an avenue back. No excuse for gross stupidity.

Not hinting that at all. One would have to willfully choose to misinterpret my meaning to see that.

Don't think it s bizarre at all to suggest that a situation wherein a player who has been a destabilising influence and described by some as a cancer at the club is the only person who doesn't appear to wear any professional or reputational consequences for his actions is stuffed. But each to his own.
I was giving you the credit of allowing for the possibility that you believed Lambert would be pushed out because he doesn't get on with Rockliff. I don't know about you, but I think it's entirely reasonable to characterise comparing a player whose indiscretions have been only hinted at with a club employee who would appear to be guilty of clear wrongdoing that will cause significant damage to his previous employer, followed by an inept and rather pathetic defence as bizarre. Beyond not being suited to the captaincy and hints at a pattern of behaviour that may include bullying, I don't know what Rockliff may have done. On the other hand, it seems pretty clear what Craig Lambert did. At best, he ****ed up attempting to help a player and was then involved in trying to cover it up. At worst, he knowingly helped a player avoid a potential drug test that may have been positive for recreational or performance enhancing drugs, and then maintained that an apparently innocent party is unbalanced and fabricated allegations out of spite.

Last edited:
Must admit I read it as linking Rocky to Lambert's leaving as well ... and wondered at the over reach ... and on checking back can see easily how it was done considering his name's placement on the list and the content of the leading paragraph and the thread it was found in ... guess I can't read English either :(

Must admit I read it as linking Rocky to Lambert's leaving as well ... and wondered at the over reach ... and on checking back can see easily how it was done considering his name's placement on the list and the content of the leading paragraph and the thread it was found in ... guess I can't read English either :(

Some folk at Collingwood believe there is a link between Allan's appointment, Balme's departure and the uncanny timing of the Whitfield incident becoming public knowledge. At first, I thought Matwt73 may have found a connection with Balme's trip North and Rocky.

If 'welfare' means aiding and abetting cheating or harbouring professional athletes while they come off drugs for 3 days, then the role is defunct.

I hope Craig stays, the new heirachy will determine is value through a process and make a call on his future from there, I would trust if he is a 'we cant lose' guy then he will be kept, if.. any other determination is made, including the impact of this incident and any or other areas not up to scratch, then he will be replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lambose not sounding too confident with what is to come. the 2nd sentence has a scent of resignation about it.

twitterless- amazing in life how you live your life for family & friendship and trying to believe in people. This game i love is all smoke and mirrors.

Reads as if someone he trusts or perceived as "close" to him has betrayed that trust. Ie; thrown him under the bus.

Of course it could simply be one of those philosophical musings that Lambo regularly posts

Lambose not sounding too confident with what is to come. the 2nd sentence has a scent of resignation about it.

twitterless- amazing in life how you live your life for family & friendship and trying to believe in people. This game i love is all smoke and mirrors.

Somebody should put an arm around him and tell him to give them his shovel.

He needs an arm around him but we also need to look for our next welfare manager. He's not in the right headspace for the role anymore.

Really disappointing but there it is.

This is horrible to hear. I hope Craig can get back to a stable spot in his life.

At the same time if we need to appoint a new welfare manager we can't really dawdle, it's an extremely important role for all clubs, our and ours in particular and simply can not be half-assed. Considering we will have an influx of new youngsters at the club within a month we need someone strong and stable in this role ASAP. Do you know if we have targets?

I vaguely remember Sauce's future role being mentioned as 'working with the young defenders and welfare at the club' but not sure he'd be ready to assume the role full time.

Also, if Craig is moved on what will this mean for Mel's role within the club?

This is horrible to hear. I hope Craig can get back to a stable spot in his life.

At the same time if we need to appoint a new welfare manager we can't really dawdle, it's an extremely important role for all clubs, our and ours in particular and simply can not be half-assed. Considering we will have an influx of new youngsters at the club within a month we need someone strong and stable in this role ASAP. Do you know if we have targets?

I vaguely remember Sauce's future role being mentioned as 'working with the young defenders and welfare at the club' but not sure he'd be ready to assume the role full time.

Also, if Craig is moved on what will this mean for Mel's role within the club?

Merrett? Qualifications? Temperament? Get somebody qualified (with help from somebody who has played the game-within the past 5 years).

Merrett? Qualifications? Temperament? Get somebody qualified (with help from somebody who has played the game-within the past 5 years).

Yeah, when I said I'm not sure he'd be ready to assume the role full time I was being diplomatic with my phrasing. Down the line with a few years experiences under his belt, perhaps. Certainly could work very well as a liaison between player and welfare manager at the moment but I don't see him currently capable of overseeing player welfare at the club.

Old lamboose has had a few jam jars at Reddos wedding after party, he is posting pics of people with criptic messages about rumors and speculation, can the club please 'dis-able posting' on his apps..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back