Now official - Fevola sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: H-S: Fevola sacked

Hammo's right onto it

THE Brisbane Lions have sacked troubled star Brendan Fevola.

The troubled star was informed of the decision to terminate his annual contract, worth $750,000 a year, on Sunday night.

It is understood the Lions will put out a release later in the evening.

More soon.

All the best to Fevola in the future with his life. I hope he somehow can get his life together. Thanks for giving us the win against the Pies last season :thumbsu:.

In one way I'm glad to see the back of him, though in another it is very sad that it got to this. In the end, he had to go for the good of the team. I can only hope that he can get himself sorted out and get another gig - whether it be AFL, NFL or something else.

crap, all my carlton following friends at work will eat me alive Monday morning.

but, they had ten years to sort this nonsense out and look what a great job they did.

What a mess this trade turned out to be and it comes with no sign of hindsight considering 95% of the AFL public knew what the inevitable conclusion would be. It is absolutely sad how burnt we got out of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my email too. This is positive news for the club. Looks like they are not going to pay him out either....just a bit of money to help him out it seems....

Can anyone shed light on the not paying him out situation?

He is contracted? I thought we had to pay him out?

HUGE win if we dont pay him out.

HUGE loss if we lose a player of his calibre, while paying him out and losing the likes of Clark/Rich due to salary cap pressure.

Sad day all round. For Fev and for the Lions.

We are the laughing stock of the Afl supporters right now which is a shame.

What a mess this trade turned out to be and it comes with no sign of hindsight considering 95% of the AFL public knew what the inevitable conclusion would be. It is absolutely sad how burnt we got out of this.

Wrong decision in my opinion. Don't think I'll be paying much attention to us at all this year.

One step backwards to go two steps forward?

What had happened in the past in various areas is now being assessed as an error of judgment - that in my opinion is a good sign looking forwards.

Got my email, frankly I am relieved, we would always have been waiting for the next drama to happen. The media would never leave him alone.
There is obviously more to this than we will ever know about.

Lets hope that we can keep our young players now and build for the future.

Im disappointed by this.

and the Lions will surely be paying him out...

at least its done and we can move forward - maybe theres more that we dont know about?

i for one wish Fev the best..hope he can get out of this hole..

I feel sick in the guts - not because the club has sacked Fevola, but the fact that the risk that was taken to get him in the first place couldn't have possibly backfired any more.

I for one hope that this means we have now hit rock bottom as a footy club because god help us if things get any worse.

I think it is going to be a long year - but the youth policy must now prevail to take the club forward.

I don't really understand what the Club email means in relation to his payout, but I am guessing that they will pay him for 2011 (perhaps only partially) but not for 2012. We said we are under no obligation to pay anything.

Therefore it looks like this drama will go on. Fev will take us to court and this will drag on.

While the club has no legal obligation to do so, it has advised Brendan that it will provide financial support to him

Anybody have any idea what this means?
Sounds suspiciously like "we're not paying him out" to me

So you would give up on your Club for a bloke who never even played a full season with us:confused:

Not the fact that we sacked fevola. The fact that we won't have much going for us..sure I'll turn on the tv and watch..but heck it's gonna be hard watching us getting belted every weekend for a few years to come. He was one of the reasons I got excited watching us play, he does things not many people can even think of. He will be missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back