AFL Grand Final Now Post Grand Final Feels

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty calm. I wrote a few days ago that the two weeks build up killed the momentum for me. I'm actually a little worried I won't be excited as I thought I'd feel if we ever did win one. I guess that will all change once the game starts. The worse thing besides the wasted opportunity if we lose will be the narrative of the underdog Bulldogs & the bravery of Treloar if they win. Everyone seems to have picked us & while we should be favourites its genuinely a 50/50 match & you'd think more people would have picked the Dogs.
This is a very good point mate, I think in some respect that whilst we are the "favourites" this is based on sentiment to a certain extent, and it will be a very close match.

Pretty calm. I wrote a few days ago that the two weeks build up killed the momentum for me. I'm actually a little worried I won't be excited as I thought I'd feel if we ever did win one. I guess that will all change once the game starts. The worse thing besides the wasted opportunity if we lose will be the narrative of the underdog Bulldogs & the bravery of Treloar if they win. Everyone seems to have picked us & while we should be favourites its genuinely a 50/50 match & you'd think more people would have picked the Dogs.
Dees have been the feel good story all week which would be swaying lots of neutral fans and casual observers. Dogs are up to this and underdog status plays into their backs to the wall attitude this campaign. I’m going in slightly confident but bracing for the dogs having the game on there terms for periods. How long for is obviously key.

Had to take off on holiday for the week. Being outside all day with the kids takes the stress away. If I'd sat at work and around the house for the week I'd have gone stir crazy!!

I feel this too. I think it's important to just enjoy every moment. Comparing the reality to how we each dreamt this up will always result in disappointment.

I’ve had 5 of my beers for tomorrow and am going out for a ‘picnic’ in 10 minutes.

The party has started and it’s not even game day!!!

From a personal standpoint I've enjoyed the extra week, I've been scouring the internet for any media about the two teams, I've even watched clips from footy classified ffs. Usually I just watch the match and then read the good bad and ugly here to see what other Dees fans noticed.

What strikes me is the confidence most Dees fans have, imagine before round one saying that we are favourites going into the grand final! I've seen so much analysis and predictions, and I wonder how many of these experts tipped Port to s*#t the bed last week, or Adelaide to do the same a few years ago.

Personally I think we're the better team and I trust our coaching staff to have the boys ready to perform. Let's goooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Almost as long as the drought for me, almost.
I'm in my 40's. So not the whole length of the drought, but it's a bit sad when the only thing I can hang my hat on is a night GF and the AFLX GF mixed in with a few Brownlow's. This means everything. Not that I'm a miserable twat, but a premiership has the potential to make life so much more happier. Massive weight off the shoulders if we win. I truly think I'll see the world a little differently. Less cynical. Less pessimistic. I've actually really enjoyed talking football this season. Have had a taste of what it must be like for a Geelong or Hawthorn supporter. I'd like that to continue please...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just dropped by to say good luck tomorrow guys and girls. Said to the good wife at the start of the finals (when I thought we were going to be belted by Essendon 😑) that I’d love to the Dees get up. Hope it’s a cracker!

I'm in my 40's. So not the whole length of the drought, but it's a bit sad when the only thing I can hang my hat on is a night GF and the AFLX GF mixed in with a few Brownlow's. This means everything. Not that I'm a miserable twat, but a premiership has the potential to make life so much more happier. Massive weight off the shoulders if we win. I truly think I'll see the world a little differently. Less cynical. Less pessimistic. I've actually really enjoyed talking football this season. Have had a taste of what it must be like for a Geelong or Hawthorn supporter. I'd like that to continue please...

Absolutely agree about the weight off the shoulders - think I'd honestly enjoy footy way more next year if we win tomorrow night.

Turn on the telly and the first thing I see is Simon Goodwin celebrating a Premiership (with Adelaide in 1998).
Hopefully a 3rd Premiership Medal comes his way tonight

Dees have been the feel good story all week which would be swaying lots of neutral fans and casual observers. Dogs are up to this and underdog status plays into their backs to the wall attitude this campaign. I’m going in slightly confident but bracing for the dogs having the game on there terms for periods. How long for is obviously key.
That’s the way they play and limiting the scoring during those patches is probably the critical part of getting the win. That and is kicking well.

Nerves have started to bite. Every other year we’ve got on a bit of a run, there was a giant waiting to smash us to bits. West Coast in 94 and 18, North in 98 and Essendon in 2000. I was too young for Hawthorn in 87 and 88. This feels as close as you can get. The Dogs are a good side and if they get the better of us tonight and frank it into another 1 or 2 flags, perhaps they’ll be elevated to the status of those teams above in hindsight. However, as it stands we’re evenly matched and not the rank outsider or sentimental favourite, we have a huge chance of pulling it off.
In summary:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back