Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Has more to do with if Freo are back than if we are tbh. If they beat bombers and port we make finals.

Unpopular opinion: we'll somehow pull off an upset against Collingwood at home, get overexcited, and then proceed to fall behind the Dogs in Ballarat early and then lose.

Port to make the 8 at our expense whilst getting games into kids.

Might jag a win too.

How embarrassment.

They won't win a final.

Operation “Keep Hinkley at Port” seems to be going according to plan 😆

Important, given how Gold Coast are travelling. I'll be surprised if Dew lasts to the end of next season, so Port had better get Hinkley locked in long term now. Better safe than sorry.

Important, given how Gold Coast are travelling. I'll be surprised if Dew lasts to the end of next season, so Port had better get Hinkley locked in long term now. Better safe than sorry.

Dew at Port - do not want

Yes
Might start a petition !!!!
Keep Koke Kan Ken !

Sydney must win. If Sydney win, that keeps our Carlton pick at 3, keeps Port well out of the 8 and strengthens our claim to 8th, which means we play finals and Carlton's pick from us is worse. Win Swans. Just win.
Yeah, its actually the game i'm most interested in this week. Sydney could do us a real solid with 2 weeks to go by knocking off Port.

I hope we miss Finals.

Two years out of the eight and both years behind Port means our club hierarchy may actually consider real change is needed.

Make the eight and the wallpaper looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think the most telling fact about this season is we have to win 2 of the last 3 against both the Grand finalists of last year and the WB to even go even with our win/loss last year. And that's with no injuries, an easier schedule, and no camp saga...

Its just pure dumb luck of results that we are still in the 8.

Why? There's not a whole lot more that he can do with what he has at his disposal, and he's exhibited more coaching competency than anyone at our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because that's what football clubs do when they're sh*t for a few years. They change coach.

How many years does a team need to be s**t for before the head of football gets replaced?

Did the predictor last week and had Port making it on percentage, even with them losing to Essendon. They're pretty much guaranteed now. Got them a game clear and percentage inside the 8.

I'd much rather see them lose an elimination final by a point than watch us get pumped by 10 goals by GWS/Collingwood/Richmond/Brisbane.

Port will take our spot after they destroy a Freo side that is only too happy to roll over and die.
Exactly this, Freo will be mathematically no chance for finals so Ross the campaigner will do what he’s done in the past, which is to choose a half-baked idiot-filled team of hacks and reserves players who will lose like the teams he picked in the last round when a win or a loss for his team couldn’t change their ladder position. Bookmark it. I remember Port being the beneficiary of this before and I’m sick of this movie re-run.

Sydney must win. If Sydney win, that keeps our Carlton pick at 3, keeps Port well out of the 8 and strengthens our claim to 8th, which means we play finals and Carlton's pick from us is worse. Win Swans. Just win.
Sydney have nothing to play for. It’s actually in their best interest to lose. Expect a 40+ flogging. Us losing by 40+, and we lose our spot in the 8 to Port.

You know I’m right.

Exactly this, Freo will be mathematically no chance for finals so Ross the campaigner will do what he’s done in the past, which is to choose a half-baked idiot-filled team of hacks and reserves players

Hey, our team is still (mathematically) in contention and we're doing that!

It's more about the pick swap with Carlton at this stage. Making the finals just means playing one more week and another finals loss to our club record, but at least it makes the pick swap a little more worthwhile (marginally).

The the OP, settle down petal. We have beaten Gold Coast and then St. Kilda away. The same issues are still there, hence we are in absolutely no way 'back'.
Our coaching is still horrendous. Awful game plan, awful execution, awful selections, awful coaching all around.
Won't and don't deserve to make the 8.

Still need massive changes across the whole club, and no wins against weak opposition is going to paper crack over that.

The the OP, settle down petal. We have beaten Gold Coast and then St. Kilda away. The same issues are still there, hence we are in absolutely no way 'back'.
Our coaching is still horrendous. Awful game plan, awful execution, awful selections, awful coaching all around.
Won't and don't deserve to make the 8.

Still need massive changes across the whole club, and no wins against weak opposition is going to paper crack over that.

Sarcasm detector broken?

Our clinical dismantling of St Kilda has proven that we can beat best sides in the competition and the previous month was merely an aberration.

So now that we have momentum behind us and all our most experienced players back fit and firing, will we make the eight?

View attachment 720720

Run home to September
Bombers - Bulldogs (Marvel), Fremantle (away), Collingwood (MCG)

Us - West Coast (away), Collingwood (home), Bulldogs (Ballarat)

Port Power - Sydney (home), North Melb (away), Fremantle (home)

Bulldogs - Essendon (Marvel), GWS (away), Adelaide (Ballarat)

Fremantle - St Kilda (away), Essendon (home), Port (away)

Intriguing match ups
A few teams from this crew are playing each other which is good and bad. Guarantees a loss which is nice but also guarantees one of them a win:
Rnd 21 Essendon vs Western Bulldogs at Marvel
Rnd 22 Fremantle vs Essendon at Optus Stadium
Rnd 23 Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide at Ballarat
Rnd 23 Port Power vs Fremantle at Adelaide Oval

Desire
Do we (the fans) actually want to make the finals anyway? Might be worse to sneak in and reassure the powers that be that we are on the right track. Seems counter intuitive for fans of a club to shy away from making the finals but here we are.

I answered this last week

3-1 and 6th place

So far 1-0 :)

Back