Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on this thread I expect the melts will be bigger if we happen to beat WC this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will get spanked over there... i am hoping not... but they are quality all over the park... They set up well behind the ball and have run and carry... Imagine if we win... this thread will go into overdrive we will be well and truly 'BAAAAACKKKK". LOLOL

More crack filling

We will get spanked over there... i am hoping not... but they are quality all over the park... They set up well behind the ball and have run and carry... Imagine if we win... this thread will go into overdrive we will be well and truly 'BAAAAACKKKK". LOLOL

More crack filling
If we somehow managed a season defining win against west coast in Perth then there is nothing more certain than coming back full of confidence and getting belted by an undermanned Collingwood at home.

More crack filling
We will be able to play only forward - we won't get it out of defence all day the way we chip it around

More public pressure on the club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly. Making the 8 and being eliminated in the first round has no tangible benefits, especially since we won't play any of the kids. The best thing for Adelaide right now would be to finish outside the 8. If the rumours about a player exodus are true, the post season will be a blood bath and damn we need a purge now more than ever.

Agreed. Not only does it maximise the trade value with Carlton, it gets valuable finals experience into whoever plays in it. There's bound to be a kid or two in there.

Lol.

All that Neil Craig elimination final experience for Mackay, Otten and Douglas must’ve been what propelled us to those history-making 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017 premierships.

Must be why they’re in the team now too.

This poster has got it spot-on:
The problem is that the real change that's needed is TO the hierarchy, and that's the last thing they're going to do. ... If you think a single one of them is going to do what's best for the club at the expense of what's best for themselves, you are sadly mistaken.

They're as bad as our pollies. Paid handsomely to do a job, but focus only on keeping their job.

Agree... i can see it now... chip chip chip chip mark mark mark mark... gain a total of 15 mtrs. no options after the 5th time doing same old.. sooo.. bomb it down the wing... get out marked or outhustled on the ground contest.. they break through the lines on the rebound.. goal... rinse and repeat 15 times.
Cameron, Ryan and rioli will run rings around us..we have no one that can go with them. I am worried this will be a blowout

I have us missing out to Port, although Port will probably lose at least one they should win, which means we might fall in by default.

But really, who cares? The interesting stuff will happen (or not) after our season is finished.
What about the bombers. They could lose all three games. We play the Pies who are riddled with injuries and are beatable. We lose to eagles but its that last game against the Dogs. If we win that we should stay in with Port in 7th place. Of course I cant back up my predictions as I way way down the list in the tipping comps.

What about the bombers. They could lose all three games. We play the Pies who are riddled with injuries and are beatable. We lose to eagles but its that last game against the Dogs. If we win that we should stay in with Port in 7th place. Of course I cant back up my predictions as I way way down the list in the tipping comps.
When did we last beat Collingwood? Was that the time McLeod kicked the winner from the boundary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s going to be really hard for us to make finals now. Our % advantage has evaporated.

Port should win the last 3. If so we also will need to win 3 to guarantee 8th. Port has home games v Syd and Freo, both will help their % even just 30 point wins.

Even if they lost to North away, we will need to win 2 of our next 3. WCE will damage our % next week, nothing surer.

Of course anything can happen, but right now Port are in the box seat - comfortably

It’s going to be really hard for us to make finals now. Our % advantage has evaporated.

Port should win the last 3. If so we also will need to win 3 to guarantee 8th. Port has home games v Syd and Freo, both will help their % even just 30 point wins.

Even if they lost to North away, we will need to win 2 of our next 3. WCE will damage our % next week, nothing surer.

Of course anything can happen, but right now Port are in the box seat - comfortably

Essendon are under the pump to make 8. They have a crap percentage and have some difficult games. My prediction is that us and port make 8.

"Anything can happen..."

in case you needed a reason to hate Luke Beveridge more -

the Western Bulldogs totally set us up for an extended period of failure by their bloody "miraculous" 2016 premiership win against the minor premiers,
from seventh,
with their captain out for the season and a buttload of injuries to key players...

hence reinforcing the mantra that "anything can happen"... a cool refreshing balm for those that are predisposed towards taking the path of least resistance when plotting things such as what it means to be a successful football club.

the Western Bulldogs totally set us up for an extended period of failure by their bloody "miraculous" 2016 premiership win against the minor premiers,
from seventh,
with their captain out for the season and a buttload of injuries to key players...

hence reinforcing the mantra that "anything can happen"... a cool refreshing balm for those that are predisposed towards taking the path of least resistance when plotting things such as what it means to be a successful football club.

and look at them since

from seventh,

They were fortunate that was the first year they had the break before the finals. If they had played West Coast a week earlier with the injuries they wouldn't have won. They then got on a roll beating Hawks (who were on a downward trajectory), GWS (who shat their pants) and then they had an umpire assisted Grand Final win. They got lucky!

Hugh Greenwood will become the fittest midfielder in the AFL as soon as he leaves the Crows
What the hell is the go there. How many pre seasons has he had?

The basketball excuse is BS IMO. On a much smaller scale of course, but I got my kid into basketball to help with fitness - and it has, it hasn’t hindered it at all. His footy fitness has improved vastly as a result of running continual suicides and beep tests

Hugh was a pro player and I find it hard to believe he wasn’t at a high level of fitness - then throw in our pre seasons on top? Doesn’t add up.

They were fortunate that was the first year they had the break before the finals. If they had played West Coast a week earlier with the injuries they wouldn't have won. They then got on a roll beating Hawks (who were on a downward trajectory), GWS (who shat their pants) and then they had an umpire assisted Grand Final win. They got lucky!

so what you're saying is... anything can happen
:rolleyes:

Back