Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What if we beat the Eagles this round? How should we approach the following 2 rounds then?

Big “if”, I know. Also, win this, then 6th spot is still getable.
If I was to take a wild guess, i think if we were to beat WCE this round, then our approach next 2 rounds would be to try and do the same thing.

David King has never got over 1998 he hates the crows with a passion. I can't stand him or Brereton.
Exactly this. King - ha ha ha ha. I don’t know why Brereton is such a Crows hater. He knows * nothing about the Crows, which is evident in any of his full-of-himself comments.

If I was to take a wild guess, i think if we were to beat WCE this round, then our approach next 2 rounds would be to try and do the same thing.
Reality is, we’d fall over in the last two rounds and do the impossible of slipping out of the 8 by losing to Dogs by just the required percentage for Port to leap-frog us.

Guys... lets get serious... there is really no realistic chance we are going to beat West Coast with the style of play and structures we have. It wont hold up... These guys arent interested in making finals.. they dont have enough mongrel in em...

What will be telling will be what happens with selection...

Keath in... Hartigan OUT
then bring in some run (but wont happen)

Then we still have the same problem vs west coast...

Exactly this. King - ha ha ha ha. I don’t know why Brereton is such a Crows hater. He knows fu** nothing about the Crows, which is evident in any of his full-of-himself comments.

Listening to Dermie do Crows games is hilarious. He still thinks we're the same team from 16/17. We'll do something we've been doing all year and he'll take it upon himself to educate the masses as to how it's so different to what we normally do (in other words, what we did in 2017). One game this year he was amazed that we were still scoring after the over the back goals dried up. They dried up 2 years ago mate.

Exactly this. King - ha ha ha ha. I don’t know why Brereton is such a Crows hater. He knows fu** nothing about the Crows, which is evident in any of his full-of-himself comments.
Probably because he played hard, tough, uncompromising football. Someone with his outlook on the game is always going to hate a team like the Crows.

Yeah but my question was geared towards how would BigFooty react should we come up with the W?

People suggesting that they don't want us to make finals because it will shake up the club or force massive changes next year are kidding themselves.
Whether we make it or not won't make any difference to what the club will do in the off season.
Hopefully the wave of negative public opinion that has generated from Crows fans recently will send a message to the club regardless of our finishing position.

That's where I completely disagree. It does make a massive difference as it's pressure.

Make finals and it opens up the options that the club evidently met their goal and the fans don't know s**t. Don't and multiply it with an unhappy fan base and then you start to create change seeing you can't wave that unhappiness off.

The big one, however, is Port. Get all of that, and Port go deep in finals and you can be certain we'll really push to fix things. After all, that act truly threatens the balance of power in this state.

What if we beat the Eagles this round? How should we approach the following 2 rounds then?

Big “if”, I know. Also, win this, then 6th spot is still getable.
Lol. 6th spot. You make me laugh John. Gotta hand it to you if anything you are consistent in your defence of the clubs incompetence. Delusional to the end. You should appy for a job at the Afc. We will likely finish around 13th on 10 wins. Currently the only teams we could possibly beat are Gold coast, St Kilda, Melb and Sydney. Delusional thinking has got the club nowhere. Time for some honesty. Needs to start with the supporter base.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. 6th spot. You make me laugh John. Gotta hand it to you if anything you are consistent in your defence of the clubs incompetence. Delusional to the end. You should appy for a job at the Afc. We will likely finish around 13th on 10 wins. Currently the only teams we could possibly beat are Gold coast, St Kilda, Melb and Sydney. Delusional thinking has got the club nowhere. Time for some honesty. Needs to start with the supporter base.
Delusional is when I'm saying "we can still win the Minor Premiership!"
If we beat the Eagles, there's still a chance we can slip into 6th spot. This is a fact, not a delusion (for now).
Obviously, if we lose tomorrow then we can only hope to scrape in 7th or 8th. I'm not actually defending the club by the way. I have white line fever, when the next game is upon us, I just want to see a win. Don't really care anymore who gets fired/omitted/rested/managed/nipple-pinched.

Delusional is when I'm saying "we can still win the Minor Premiership!"
If we beat the Eagles, there's still a chance we can slip into 6th spot. This is a fact, not a delusion (for now).
Obviously, if we lose tomorrow then we can only hope to scrape in 7th or 8th. I'm not actually defending the club by the way. I have white line fever, when the next game is upon us, I just want to see a win. Don't really care anymore who gets fired/omitted/rested/managed/nipple-pinched.
Beating West Coast? There’s no Ifs about it. To even suggest If supports the delusional assertion

Do you or any of the idiots that keep jumping on my back know the difference between "white line fever optimism" and "delusion"?
What? That’s your justification for talking s**t?

The thing is you walked into it again:

“I’m not delusional but IF we beat West Coast”

How about writing your posts down on paper first and read them out loud before posting them

What? That’s your justification for talking s**t?

The thing is you walked into it again:

“I’m not delusional but IF we beat West Coast”

How about writing your posts down on paper first and read them out loud before posting them
Is it forbidden to use the word "if" on this forum?

People on here keep using the word "delusional" as if they really understand what it means, which they don't.

Being positive-minded is not a delusion. A permanent belief which can be proven wrong, is a delusion.

Is it forbidden to use the word "if" on this forum?

People on here keep using the word "delusional" as if they really understand what it means, which they don't.

Being positive-minded is not a delusion. A permanent belief which can be proven wrong, is a delusion.
Using the word “if” for an outcome that can’t eventuate is delusion

Friends over for dinner last night. “Those” kind of supporters:

We only have to win tomorrow and we’re 7th.
Once we get to finals anything can happen. Look at 97/98, or the Bulldogs in 16.
Would you rather be a Suns supporter?

Uuurrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Using the word “if” for an outcome that can’t eventuate is delusion
“Can’t eventuate” is actually a delusion. ;)
“Highly unlikely to eventuate” would be more appropriate.

You and I, none of us can predict the future with guarantees. Believing so, is a delusion.

Friends over for dinner last night. “Those” kind of supporters:

We only have to win tomorrow and we’re 7th.
Once we get to finals anything can happen. Look at 97/98, or the Bulldogs in 16.
Would you rather be a Suns supporter?

Uuurrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Good to see you getting into the spirit of false optimism, Pete!

We aren’t even a team like port that can pull an upset, we just don’t have that capability.
We are just very very old and average.

More than that we are a club that has almost completely lost its way. Recruiting, developing, football programs, connecting with supporters, the whole football gambit, we are alsorans.
And for so many years as I remember the seasonal talk is how can we mathematically scrape into the finals and thus ring acclaim to another wonderful season.

Port can quite conceivably win their last three and the reverse is likely for us. Sickening.

Ah but there is always next year, when the turnaround results from our brilliantly led football dept will see the same old same old.

Back