Now that we've got a race board....

Remove this Banner Ad

We could organise it, but we'd need only genuinely serious participants.

Oh, and we'd also need someone like DCFC or Rusty Brookes to run it, that way we'd know our money would be safe :D

Geez, you're brave. :D

I'd be interested.

Just for the sake of the topic, the one I used to run at my old work was divided into units. You could go in for any number of $5 units per week (the same amount every week) - that way it catered for people who only wanted to put a little bit on and those who wanted to put in $20 or more a week. Then the selection roster was weighted towards those who put more in: If you put in $20 a week, you got four picks for every one pick for the $5 people.

Clear as mud?

Basically we were allowed to bet on anything the TAB or Sportsbet were fielding on, at any time between the Saturday and the next Friday. Most people restricted themselves to the Saturday fields, but if you had a tip for a mid-weeker, you could do it that way.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

Why?

I just thought with the distance, I suppose we could always send a money order through the mail to Chook(or whoever the manager is).

I guess that will be decided down the track, but i don't see it as a problem.

If i have to get my money to DCFC i'd much prefer to deposit it somewhere, makes it much easier.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
We could organise it, but we'd need only genuinely serious participants.

Oh, and we'd also need someone like DCFC or Rusty Brookes to run it, that way we'd know our money would be safe :D

Mate you don't want me managing this thing! I'd be the one that would screw up the bet down at the TAB or forget to get it on. DCFC is the man here.

The only other syndicate I've been involved in was an on-off one I participated in when I was working in a bakery. I remember some monstrous quaddie we put down with everything boxed and 5 selections in each leg. The guy organising (another Hawthorn supporter: btw-what's the link between supporting the Hawks and punting, there seems to be a heap of us on this board) convinced everyone we couldn't lose. Of course, in the third leg we missed out and the whole syndicate fell apart because of that one bet.

Originally posted by Pieman7
Its going to be hard to organise for people who live outside Melbourne.

Couldn't we just open a TAB account? I'm keen DCFC and co, not too sure on how these are run.

May'be if we open a TAB account, make sure balance on X day is $100 (five people) and speak online for tips, then person with TAB account details phone books bets? People with phone account details should be left to a minimum.

This is all a suggestion but I'm keen.Is what I'm saying correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be in it based in Qld so would have to send my money to someone perhaps we could pay a month in advance suggest $20 per month each person.

Cheers

Originally posted by a4brianp
I would be in it based in Qld so would have to send my money to someone perhaps we could pay a month in advance suggest $20 per month each person.

Cheers

This has merit to it, with the ****y odds given by a home state on a race meet held in that state. Say Caulfield races for example we could have bets say laid in Qld for better odds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back