Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's from the overview of WADA's submission though, thus accusations not actual findings

The science finding section (para 144-151) shows this was disregarded, and in paragraph 150 even states that WADA accepts that the "panel could not find the case adverse to the players on the basis of that new material"

If I had to have a guess how it got leaked, I would put my $2 on it being found in some kind of legal discovery, e.g such as Hal Hunter did on EFC and passed on.

Considering the conversation happened in the EFC board room, And EFC HQ is a new faculty suspect the recording equipment is built in for minute taking. Conversation after the end of another meeting that was being recorded (or even just left on) no one realized it was still recording and some poor grad lawyer or paralegal got tasked with going through all the recordings kept listening after the end of the meeting and bingo. Which would also explain why long it took so long to come out.
Pretty sure that's how Derek & Clive came about.

Bullshit, we've been through this before. The EFC players were ultimately found guilty of a violation of clause 11.2 of the AFL anti doping code. That is, use or attempted use of a prohibited substance. In plain language, they were found guilty for use of tb4.
How then do the AFL and ASADA have nothing. EFC were clear.
Can you explain this?
Especially the part where we were tested guilty of having done so. Or was it 'the vibe' again?
Accusations and presumptions based on opinion won't convince me!
Show me the facts/data otherwise I want INQUIRY to establish something and then identify where the failings actually/really existed.
Well why don't you look the players (and their families) in the eyes and repeat that rubbish. They still don't know what they were injected with, and trusted Ser James. He failed the players and the supporters. You keep kidding yourself that they did nothing wrong.

Wonder if Stewart Crameri agrees?
I'll give you 30 minutes to count how many flags you have won.

Crameri is as guilty as the others

Haha flags well done mate, the end argument of someone that has nothing else left.

I will give you 30 mins to count the number of times the dogs have been embroiled in a drug scandal as opposed to the Dons.

#whateverittakes

Last edited:
I always thought Derek and Clive was explainable through the copious application of ethanol based fluids
Legend as I know, the really crass (good) stuff happened after their stage show.

That's when they imbibed of not just the grain of malt but other substances too.

A sound engineer hit record & the rest is delightfully un PC history.

... We don't know, because for some reason, ASADA never interviewed Dank.

Did you miss 3 years of saga history? A short summary from a report last year ...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/as...m/news-story/579a6dcea34c0550e73c2072b967180e
" ...
“ASADA considers all information relating to potential anti-doping violations, and this new information, particularly its veracity, will be assessed by our investigation unit,” the agency said in a statement.

It added that Dank had refused to speak to ASADA investigators for three years in the wake of Essendon and Cronulla supplements debacles.

“ASADA spoke with Mr Dank today, and he again refused to offer any assistance or information,” it said.

“Mr Dank’s alleged admissions overnight are starkly at odds with his previous position on the matter, as ASADA notes he is currently appealing the AFL Tribunal’s finding that he attempted to traffic CJC-1295 to the Gold Coast Suns.”
..."​

They (ASADA) did make an ambitious play at one point to have the AFL contracts considered as some form of business contract agreement (I forget the details, but Muggs and others will likely fill the gap) to get access to enforcement powers for witnesses, but it didn't work out. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying, that they couldn't get a hold of Mr. Dank.

They (ASADA) did make an ambitious play at one point to have the AFL contracts considered as some form of business contract agreement (I forget the details, but Muggs and others will likely fill the gap) to get access to enforcement powers for witnesses, but it didn't work out. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying, that they couldn't get a hold of Mr. Dank.

He was part of their Supreme Court case that ASADA undertook to get Alavi and Charter to testify. The bailiff even left the room and could be heard on the corridor shutting "essendon support person" to see if he was there...

ASADA claimed they contacted his legal team(s) who all claimed to no longer represent him, and could not contact him via email, or mail.

Have'nt you noticed that EFC have NOT been proven guilty of taking anything illegal!? Tests were sent to the highest drug testing lab in the world, Cologne. Nothing to see here boys!
The AFL and ASADA(Australian Government Agency) had nothing. Cleared. Then it goes to CAS. And another country's laws decided something went on so 'you're gone'. Fair dinkum, what a joke!

The AFL is a signatory to the WADA code, if Esendon don't like it they can join some other league that doesn't have a drugs code. No use complaining about it after you're busted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can't see what has happened here than you never will.
Scary that the majority of you are so naive and easily led - you would have been first onboard Nazi Germany's push to cleanse society such is your naivety and eagerness to accept the trotted propaganda.

The season hasn't even started yet and you have already won shittest post of the year with your 2nd post. * me!

Caro's comments are generally correct in this instance. It's possibly the most balanced article she's written so far on this saga.

Clearly Essendon are trying to look forward and clearly, the release of this material is not going to be welcomed by the club.

I still think she needs to step away from this issue though. Correct in her comments or not, she still seems to have a thing for Hird and now is not the time to going down that path

Personally I think Essendon wants this gone as much as anyone.

All this is going to do is derail the first ''clean'' season we have had in 5 years.

Sigh...

That's the thing that is so ridiculous, it is no longer about the club ... it is about the individuals involved clearing their name no matter the cost.

Reading the transcript get the impression that EFC was asking for a guarantee that the AFL could not give. I.e players would never get charged and this annoyed them.

Anyone who follows the sport news know that retesting occurs years after samples get taken... Getting this guarantee was never going to happen.

If they genuinely thought the players were immune then it only adds to their incompetence. All they had to do was get legal advice which would have said 'um you know a decision by the AFL (i.e a private entity) can't bind a statutory authority'.

I still think she needs to step away from this issue though. Correct in her comments or not, she still seems to have a thing for Hird and now is not the time to going down that path

As chief football writer for the age not sure she can step away from the issue all together, but agree on Hird she did not need to spend so much of the article on him.

Caro's comments are generally correct in this instance. It's possibly the most balanced article she's written so far on this saga.

Clearly Essendon are trying to look forward and clearly, the release of this material is not going to be welcomed by the club.

Well said ... when Caro has an axe to grind she really gets out that sharpening stone.

Love her or hate her she is more than entitled to her opinion but she is not my cup of tea.

Ok so if the reports focus was purely governance then why does Ziggy use the pharmaceutically experimental line? Given he has no expertise in that area at all how can he make such a claim? And also if they were truly investigating governance it would have made sense to interview the department under question being the high performance department. Neither Dean Robinson or Stephen Dank were interviewed for that report. Basically it was concocted to create a governance issue to punish the club and spare the players. This was the afls idea of keeping it inhouse.

Explained by your own club.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-05-06/dr-ziggy-switskowski-report

I don't understand what you are trying to argue now. The independent review initiated by your own club was a witch hunt that stitched up your club? You're just shadow boxing in the dark now ffs.

Paul Little works for the Melbourne Grand Prix corporation mate. Nothing to do with EFC.

You can take it as read that EFC want to bury this thing and never talk about it again, like Basil Fawlty and the war.

But your supporters are still coming on here posting 'you see you see ... Gil's a liar (insert mental gymnastics), therefore we're innocent' type posts. The major players in this are gone ... if you all stop talking about it for >6 months, someone from another club will * up and we will probably forget. How many PM's have been elected because the average person just forgets all the s**t they did or just stops caring?

Can't see him supplying any bikies until he pays off a few debts...

Dunno...The simple biker sporting standover transaction "supply in lieu of said debt." or kneecapping with baseball bat...comes to mind.

Civil suits aren't about finding things out, they are about getting reparation. And Dank already signed a stat dec saying he had no documents. So given that, and the high cost that can't be recouped, there would be less than zero point in what you're suggesting.
All true but Dank went bankrupt well after he left the club. Efc and the players had ample reasons to pursue him. They didn't. Even now they barely say anything bad about him. Curious. Don't you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back