Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank's associated websites were still spruiking TB4 while the investigation was ongoing.

Players were texting each other about the "Thymo" injections.

Dank still argues to this day that TB4 shouldn't be banned.

All just one big coincidence.
I think they took tb4 but I think that Dank thought it was 'on the edge' rather than over.

I'm comfortable with the club trying to go to the edge, that's elite sport

I'm dismayed at the risk management from a variety of angles

You clowns continue to carry on like we wanted everyone to burn down the club, salt the earth, and then call a press conference with everyone involved committing seppuku on live television. We didn't ... we wanted to see someone take full responsibility for their actions.

No matter what stance Essendon took, the majority would have still had their knickers in a twist.
Essendon accepted responsibility for poor governance, along with the harshest penalties ever handed out in the sports history. And that's not enough for "fair minded" people? Jeez.
And " fair minded" people just wanted Essendon to be more honest?
Jobe openly admitted to taking AOD when its legality was in question, and was outright booed.
No win situation.

I think they took tb4 but I think that Dank thought it was 'on the edge' rather than over.

Dank screwed up.

He thought that having it compounded by Alavi rendered it 'safe and legal'. It didn't.

No matter what stance Essendon took, the majority would have still had their knickers in a twist.
Essendon accepted responsibility for poor governance, along with the harshest penalties ever handed out in the sports history. And that's not enough for "fair minded" people? Jeez.
Jobe openly admitted to taking AOD when its legality was in question, and was outright booed.
No win situation.

Correct. Admit the wrong doing, don't admit the wrong doing: the difference is miniscule. When you monumentally * up, you find yourself in a no win situation.

This story is another case of the Dons and their proxies thinking that if they tell the story in a different way, this time someone else will come out as the villain. In fact, the public looks at this latest story and says "oh yeah. Essendon. Drug cheats. I'd almost forgotten."

Last edited:
Correct. Admit the wrong doing, don't admit the wrong doing: the difference is miniscule. When you monumentally **** up, you find yourself in a no win situation.
Timing is important though. Sure the EFC would have been slammed from pillar to post. But take the early plea and its 4 years later and people have moved on to other things.

Fight it every step ( which they have every right if they thought they were in the right) and, well we now have a forum where any Essendon TB4 thread ends up in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No win situation.

You got back into the draft sooner than Adelaide did after the Tippett Affair, Melbourne Storm got a comparable penalty, and Ahmen Saad got close to an extra year than the Essendon players did. Even the media (you know the people who are out to get you) universally condemned the booing of Watson (and lets be fair people have done less to be booed). No one even knew what the * was going on for the 1st 6 months of the saga, but when more and more details came out, you rejected objectively one of the lightest penalties for doping possible, and continued to double down and blame everyone else for their misfortunes people started to rightly call the EFC out. All you need to do is think about Ryan Crowley. He was one of the most hated players in the league when he got banned and was welcomed back with open arms after he took his lumps. Everyone took him at his word when he claimed he did it unintentionally because he didn't have a history of trying to minimise his involvement and he accepted he was getting a suspension either way.

If you stopped playing the victim card at every available opportunity, people might actually take EFC seriously again.

That's what everyone else thought ... Dank is an incompetent idiot, but he had plenty of friends at EFC (including the players getting injections off site). People aren't pissed off because they think EFC deliberately cheated, they're pissed off because they inadvertently cheated and won't admit to it.

Have'nt you noticed that EFC have NOT been proven guilty of taking anything illegal!? Tests were sent to the highest drug testing lab in the world, Cologne. Nothing to see here boys!
Umm did you happen to miss the higher than normal insulin findings from those test done in Cologne? The ones that are telltale for TB4 use.

Dank's associated websites were still spruiking TB4 while the investigation was ongoing.

Players were texting each other about the "Thymo" injections.

Dank still argues to this day that TB4 shouldn't be banned.

All just one big coincidence.
This whole thing needs to be renamed from the EFC saga to the EFC coincidences.

Umm did you happen to miss the higher than normal insulin findings from those test done in Cologne? The ones that are telltale for TB4 use.

Obviously a Wada fan. :)
There were no positive samples of TB4.
Strange that Wada submitted that there was as part of their prosecution.

McDevitt tear everybody apart? LOL - the guy was hopeless when losing the original case and had to beg WADA to do a better job of prosecuting. He's a muppett

He's a muppet that got 34 of your players suspended for drug cheating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back