Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An injectable solution?

If we want to keep this completely above board, I'm afraid we'll have to have these injected at an unofficial off-site location.

Except when WADA sneakily add drugs to the list, and then send an e-mail two days before Christmas, amongst e-cards and other mail, which may have even gone to the spam folder, and then Maria Sharapova, who had taken a drug she needs medically for twenty years, gets a two-year ban.

Hate to think what would happen if some Russian or German mad scientist comes up with a way to turn cough syrup, or diabetes medication, or another medication needed medically, into a performance-enhancing drug, WADA then add it to the banned list, and now a sportsperson must retire from their sport because they have a choice of keeping taking the medication, which is needed for their health and life, or keep playing sport and be banned, or play sport, not take the drug, and drop dead on the field, or has a medical emergency, because they are not taking something they need to live, so that they can play sport and not be banned.

Woe to the day any sportsperson with a medical condition can no longer participate in sport because some cunning scientist has turned a medicinal drug into something that can be used as a performance-enhancing drug, or a masking agent.
Lost me at sneakily, but lost my s**t at the christmas cards

Lost me at sneakily, but lost my s**t at the christmas cards

You're right. WADA wouldn't send any athlete a Christmas card, since they are a pack of Scrooges.

I bet the members of WADA give their kids coal for Christmas.

I am here to provide some balance, and to shoot down the self-righteousness that has crept into this topic.

Why don't you take the time to read from sources other than media people and Bigfooty posters who agree with you?

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'

Isaac Asimov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back