NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Let off with warning perhaps because other players were using that type boot.Why are the making these type studs if they are illegal.
It's not that simple, they're produced overseas and are legal to sell and buy in Australia. It's just illegal on an AFL field. It is also legal to buy a double barrelled shotgun ( with paperwork) but I'm pretty sure it's not legal to take it onto an AFL field 🙂. It's just a rule that's failed in its enforcement ( like the salary cap 😜)

It's not that simple, they're produced overseas and are legal to sell and buy in Australia. It's just illegal on an AFL field. It is also legal to buy a double barrelled shotgun ( with paperwork) but I'm pretty sure it's not legal to take it onto an AFL field 🙂. It's just a rule that's failed in its enforcement ( like the salary cap 😜)

They should be illegal on all football fields.Perhaps bring back the days umpires check boots or clubs face a heavy fine or even players face suspension if caught out.A bit freakish the way the Collingwood player was injured but the risk is always there.

Look out GMac, another MCG exists and at least one person is talking about playing the Grand Final there.
If it weren't for the current covid crisis, I had planned on being there about this time.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08...ck-football-oval-mcg-afl-grand-final/12518230

Can I just remind you again that the AFL grand final is played on the MCG(Melbourne Cricket Ground).Mitcham Football Club on the MCG of the East the home of the Mitcham Cricket Club(MCG)

Can I just remind you again that the AFL grand final is played on the MCG(Melbourne Cricket Ground).Mitcham Football Club on the MCG of the East the home of the Mitcham Cricket Club(MCG)
It will be a very lucky turn of events if it's played there this year.

You trying to deprive me of sleep Cliff?
At least I’m sure it will arouse old G ;)
Things must be going very slowly at your place Bob if you are losing sleep over that. I will be posting the picture at the end of the month. So you don't have stay up late or get up early to check, until then. ⏰

Things not looking good for the cricket season GMac. We might be in lockdown until Christmas and it could be the whole state as covid seems to be appearing in country areas.

A late start for cricket,does that mean a late start for footy season 2021.I often wonder why we start cricket in October in the wettest month in Melbourne and would be better to start cricket in November and footy in May.Just imagine a AFL grand final in October,a night grand final it would have to be because it would clash with the Cox plate.Any way lets find a vaccine ASAP or there will be no sport for a long time.

A late start for cricket,does that mean a late start for footy season 2021.I often wonder why we start cricket in October in the wettest month in Melbourne and would be better to start cricket in November and footy in May.Just imagine a AFL grand final in October,a night grand final it would have to be because it would clash with the Cox plate.Any way lets find a vaccine ASAP or there will be no sport for a long time.
Don't want to start footy in May our best weather is in April (most of the time)And gives clubs a better chance to make some $$$ early in the season.cricket can start late and revert some 2 day games into 1 dayers .cricket doesnt want finals in april with easter in the mix .my thoughts anyway .ATM cant see cricket starting till the new year but who knows .

Don't want to start footy in May our best weather is in April (most of the time)And gives clubs a better chance to make some $$$ early in the season.cricket can start late and revert some 2 day games into 1 dayers .cricket doesnt want finals in april with easter in the mix .my thoughts anyway .ATM cant see cricket starting till the new year but who knows .

Similar thoughts with cricket not starting till after xmas for the current season and good point about Easter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 clubs in Premier down to 10 in 2022. So must be two relegations. And assume two from D1 to D2 as well.

So 11/10/8/9/8

and 2022 10/10/10/8/8?

You would think that would the way the EFNL would go as nothing in the statement and not sure the transfer has been rubber stamped by AFL Victoria either.

There has been 1 down and no promotion not long ago with the top grade - 2018. It is a strong possibility again.

Now East Doncaster are up is there anyone knocking down the door for promotion that could compete at a strong level?

There has been 1 down and no promotion not long ago with the top grade - 2018. It is a strong possibility again.

Now East Doncaster are up is there anyone knocking down the door for promotion that could compete at a strong level?

Yep, that could work. No promotion to Premier. No promotion to D1. Two promtions from D3 to D2. That'd make 10/10/10/8/8 yes?

Yep, that could work. No promotion to Premier. No promotion to D1. Two promtions from D3 to D2. That'd make 10/10/10/8/8 yes?

They announced in the statement premier 2021 will be 11 and 10 in 2022.So 2021 2 will be relegated from Premier and I presume the winner of the flag of D1 goes up or will the flag winner not be promoted like 2018 and only 1 relegated from premier.

Ferntree Gully cricket comp issued a statement saying they are keen to start the season as soon as we go from stage 3 to 2 and they are hoping that is late October/ early November.

I hope cricket comps don't try and rush back without players getting atleast 5-6 weeks of pre season or we might see too many injuries and a fairly poor standard of cricket.

Regardless I doubt cricket would be allowed to go past March and if common sense prevails it will be a season of one day cricket to fit in as many games as possible.

Easter is the first week of April so makes a good start and end point for the two seasons. Biggest issue would be the clubs with turf grounds. I don’t know how long it takes to return them to footy mode.

Strangest thing I saw the other day was a ground with its turf wickets being prepared in August, that’s a first! I wonder if all grounds are doing the same?

Concern for cricket will be the government was in no hurry to let football start up when we left stage 3 last time so could be waiting a while for cricket as well. I’d be disappointed if country leagues though don’t kick off on their usual date in early October. Only reason to delay it is because we have a sport hating premier.

IMO metro cricket will struggle to start pre-Xmas.
If all goes to plan at best we’ll enter Stage 3 in a month, then you’d expect a minimum of a month there to consolidate.
That gets us to Stage 2 late October and we had something like 6-8 weeks before a return to sport date got pencilled in.

If something goes awry again we’ll be lucky if we’re out of Stage 3 by Xmas/NY (at which point I’d expect all hell to break loose if people can’t visit family!).

Cancelled Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day (Although only in Victoria for both) but if he tries to limit Christmas gatherings or even tries to stop them, hell will definitely break loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back