NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO metro cricket will struggle to start pre-Xmas.
If all goes to plan at best we’ll enter Stage 3 in a month, then you’d expect a minimum of a month there to consolidate.
That gets us to Stage 2 late October and we had something like 6-8 weeks before a return to sport date got pencilled in.

Some people have said that because cricket is non contact it won't have that issue.

Some people have said that because cricket is non contact it won't have that issue.

Local cricket.No contact,bring your own drink bottles and afternoon tea,do not need change rooms and not big crowds in attendance.The negative side might be unable to run social functions indoors and loss of income from sponsors which is on a lot smaller scale then local footy.Would think it would have to be stage 2 restrictions at the best to get on the park.No pre season footy before xmas at this stage I would think.Against this in normal times especially juniors before xmas but I suppose with no football in 2020 it might be good to get every one back this time in November if possible.

What progress has been made Hansie.I would have thought with the latest lockdown there would be no work happening there.At Mitcham with the new cricket nets I think they worked 1 day and no work since.

Appears the foundations are set and the building is going up. Base looks built and frame for the upper level appears up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Non-contact sports iirc were only due/allowed to start 1-2 weeks before footy.
We’ll know more in the next for fortnight anyway. If daily cases aren’t down to double figures by then I wouldn’t be surprised if Stage 4 gets extended.

Last edited:
There may be a lot more one day games played this season and in fact don't be surprised if the only 2 day games are the finals.
On another matter the Ringwood District Cricket Association and Yarra Valley Cricket Association merged after Ringwood accepted the proposal on Monday night. It will become a very big competition with some of the Yarra Valley clubs doing a lot of travelling.

Last edited:
There may be a lot more one day games played this season and in fact don't be surprised if the only 2 day games are the finals.
On another matter the Ringwood District Cricket Association and Yarra Valley Cricket Association merged after Ringwood accepted the proposal on Monday night. It will become a very big competition with some of the Yarra Valley clubs doing a lot of travelling.

I'm sure those clubs will just be happy with the chance to survive and still play.

The reaction from the RDCA side has been mixed so far from what I have read.

How big is too big? some RDCA clubs already work hard enough just to stay afloat and be competitive.

I'm sure those clubs will just be happy with the chance to survive and still play.

How big is too big? some RDCA clubs already work hard enough just to stay afloat and be competitive.

I would have thought a BHRDCA and RDCA merger would have been better where the areas are similar to EFNL footy.We have played our top 16,s14,s and 12,s in the RDCA top grade the last 2 seasons and really good cricket for the boys and helps their development.BHRDCA Saturday morning cricket is just about finished with private schools sports are a real problem similar to the problems some of the EFNLU18, U19/U20 sides face around the Doncaster,Balwyn area

Last edited:
I would have thought a BHRDCA and RDCA merger would have been better where the areas are similar to EFNL footy.We have played our top 16,s14,s and 12,s in the RDCA top grade the last 2 seasons and really good cricket for the boys and helps their development.BHRDCA Saturday morning cricket is just about finished with private schools sports are a real problem similar to the problems some of the EFNLU18, U19/U20 sides face around the Doncaster,Balwyn area
There was discussion between the two but it never happened.
Yarra Valley have been struggling to increase participation for some time but haven't been successful and rather than slowly disappear they requested that they merge with the RDCA.

I believe the plan is for them to remain in their own division, so no extra travel required.

Maybe good for RDCA if they ended up doing local grades in the lower grades, cut down some of the travel as realistically the difference between grades in the lower sections is negligible overall.

Realistically, it is adding only 12 teams to the RDCA from the YVCA's top 3 grades (only 4 teams per grade). It looks likely that the D Grade comp will continue to run in the Yarra Valley with 11 teams remaining in that grade. Some lengthy trips to play at Healsville, Marysville, Warburton, Launching Place, Woori Yallock, Yarra Junction etc. for some teams depending on what Grades they end up being placed in. It is equivalent to adding one and a half Grades or less than a team per grade.

Appears the foundations are set and the building is going up. Base looks built and frame for the upper level appears up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I drove past today hansie and to be honest very little progress appears to have been made. There is a wood handrail around the foundation area and maybe, a dozen steel columns and beams in total erected and three blokes working. The section with the steel works looks like it will be single level and unless there is going to be a second floor at the other end of the building doesn't look like it will be any bigger than the old building

I drove past today hansie and to be honest very little progress appears to have been made. There is a wood handrail around the foundation area and maybe, a dozen steel columns and beams in total erected and three blokes working. The section with the steel works looks like it will be single level and unless there is going to be a second floor at the other end of the building doesn't look like it will be any bigger than the old building

Perhaps you should have put a photo on BF like last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begs the question have you broken covid rules or exercising with your dog on what must be the No.1 off lead dog parks in Whitehorse,Morton Park.
Keep up with developments GMac. Restrictions about driving to your place of exercise were relaxed early this afternoon. I drove to Blackburn Lake and walked around it a few times. Very nice and no dogs running around.

Draw it Cliff, some steel beams, etc can’t be that hard. I’m sure it’s etched in your mind.
You just have to calm down a little Bob. I know you are eager, but really, you wouldn't be happy settling for a drawing. You'd toss and turn all night wondering if it was an accurate portrayal. Try a Milo and slow deep breathing tonight before popping off to bed. You'll just have to be patient until the end of the month.

Last edited:
Keep up with developments GMac. Restrictions about driving to your place of exercise were relaxed early this afternoon. I drove to Blackburn Lake and walked around it a few times. Very nice and no dogs running around.

Begs the question why was my post deleted from BF about the future of EFNL U19,s season 2021,and Bob Beecroft has a crack at me about me deleting my own posts do you mind.

Begs the question why was my post deleted from BF about the future of EFNL U19,s season 2021,and Bob Beecroft has a crack at me about me deleting my own posts do you mind.
Could be you have form in that area GMac. It would be fairly easy for someone to draw that conclusion.
Do you have anyone in mind that you could ask?

Realistically, it is adding only 12 teams to the RDCA from the YVCA's top 3 grades (only 4 teams per grade). It looks likely that the D Grade comp will continue to run in the Yarra Valley with 11 teams remaining in that grade. Some lengthy trips to play at Healsville, Marysville, Warburton, Launching Place, Woori Yallock, Yarra Junction etc. for some teams depending on what Grades they end up being placed in. It is equivalent to adding one and a half Grades or less than a team per grade.

Looking at the Yarra Valley Cricket association site cricket does not look in healthy position up that way and most likely a good idea merging with the RDCA.

Looking at the Yarra Valley Cricket association site cricket does not look in healthy position up that way and most likely a good idea merging with the RDCA.
My friends up that way have been pushing hard for this to happen as they could see cricket up there slowly dying. There was wide ranging support from almost all clubs for this to happen.

Only 4 teams in the top grade...I imagine those 4 teams will be the ones that go into the RDCA top grades.

Only 4 teams in the top grade...I imagine those 4 teams will be the ones that go into the RDCA top grades.
From what I have heard the teams will come from the top 3 grades and will be spread throughout the RDCA Grades. Only 4 teams in each of those 3 grades. The standard of the teams in those grades varies widely. It will be a challenge for the RDCA to fit them into appropriate grades, but it should settle after a couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back