NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Any chance you can drop into also the MCG of the East,Walker Park the home of the Mitcham Cricket and Football Clubs and take a photo of our new cricket nets.
You should have taken a picture yourself. By the time I got there they'd been vandalised.
The homeowner at the back really needs to make sure their home insurance has great coverage for broken windows
Mitcham Nets.jpg

Last edited:

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
GMac, Bob, I really thought that at this time of the year I would be saying, "East Burwood can do it".
Instead I'm asking, "Do you think we will have a cricket season"?

And anyone else, for that matter?

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
GMac, Bob, I really thought that at this time of the year I would be saying, "East Burwood can do it".
Instead I'm asking, "Do you think we will have a cricket season"?

And anyone else, for that matter?

Reported today that VIC sub cricket are going for a November 28 start.

All one day cricket without relying on many Sunday games, which if you have too many might turn people away from playing.

If happened would be a good result considering Football and Soccer couldn't even get a season started.

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
Missing the boys from the club, Cliff. Still in regular contact with my best mates from there, but it’s the guys that see only a Saturday I miss.

Cricket not so much for me, but guys at my old club I hope get to have a hit. Many guys from my days still involved & the heart beat of the club.

I’m going to miss the Spring Carnival. Member at VRC, & again there is a group that I see every year that I will not see for at least 12 months now. Perhaps my wallet will get some relief. 😜

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Missing the boys from the club, Cliff. Still in regular contact with my best mates from there, but it’s the guys that see only a Saturday I miss.

Cricket not so much for me, but guys at my old club I hope get to have a hit. Many guys from my days still involved & the heart beat of the club.

I’m going to miss the Spring Carnival. Member at VRC, & again there is a group that I see every year that I will not see for at least 12 months now. Perhaps my wallet will get some relief. 😜
Yes Bob, I have the same feelings. At my age there a few of my old team mates that I worry about seeing next year, seeing them on a Saturday is how I keep in touch with them. It's the same with cricket and one old friend has been doing it tough for the last couple of years, but loves to go along each week and sit and chat, so I'm hoping cricket will go ahead.
The added plus is that without any footy the ground surfaces should be terrific.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
No access to rooms and halls in Whitehorse until at least Nov 1st. Wouldn't think there will be any cricket before then.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No access to rooms and halls in Whitehorse until at least Nov 1st. Wouldn't think there will be any cricket before then.

Both the RDCA and Ferntree Gully comp have announced a start date of 14th November if all goes to plan.

It also appears most clubs won't be able to use any facilities until late November.

Training can start from October 26th , so a 14th November start does sound a little rushed and will require some very hard work from the clubs to run without any hiccups.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
One of the big hurdles is that without access to the rooms how do you get out the equipment to train with?
The council appears to be unaware of this!

Back