NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t dismiss Berwick or Beaconsfield. Both fantastic venues.
They're both great set ups but both surfaces will struggle to hold up. Berwick was a mess last season and is already starting to get chopped up. Beaconsfields surface is even worse and has a lot Sunday junior footy traffic on it as well.

Both pavilions are going to be demolished. The new rooms will serve both grounds. Forest Hill may end up at Davy Lane. One oval is smaller and designed for junior football. The proposed clubrooms look really good, even though they have been reduced in size to satisfy the people who want to walk their dogs there. My feeling is it will become the junior location for Forest Hill. It would be of great interest to them considering that Parkmore Primary Schhol and Emmaus are right next door to the grounds. I am hoping that if Forest Hill do end up moving there, the old ground will become the location of the new Whitehorse Indoor Sports Facility. I do not believe for an instant that the use of school facilities will drop. Even if they aren't being fully utilised, basketball will make sure they are unavailable to other sporting associations.

Ah so EB will end up with something like we have at blacky. So long as it means both grounds are usable that will be a win…!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I could easily see East Ringwood being the replacement ground for Central Reserve.

Was there last week - yep it could be used I reckon for early finals (obvs not ones ER are in as they look like they might make it)

Is the old maroondah club building there essentially abandoned now?

I've just been reading an ABC article on betting on Australian Community Sports. I'm wondering if the EFNL is involved, either knowlingly or unknowlingly.
Worth a read, you will probably be as surprised as me.

The man on the sidelines helping punters around the world bet on this suburban soccer game

If your Cricket Club live streams their games online, using a Cricket Australia-endorsed service called Frogbox (which my club does) then the feed can be used for gathering gambling information. Frogbox is owned by Sportradar, a company that supplies data to gambling companies.

I will definitely be watching the Four Corners Special on this topic tonight.

Last edited:
I've just been reading an ABC article on betting on Australian Community Sports. I'm wondering if the EFNL is involved, either knowlingly or unknowlingly.
Worth a read, you will probably be as surprised as me.

The man on the sidelines helping punters around the world bet on this suburban soccer game

If your Cricket Club live streams their games online, using a Cricket Australia-endorsed service called Frogbox (which my club does) then the feed can be used for gathering gambling information. Frogbox is owned by Sportradar, a company that supplies data to gambling companies.

I will definitely be watching the Four Corners Special on this topic tonight.

Doesn’t really happen in Aussie Rules so much because there’s little demand for it worldwide.

Demand for any soccer betting content is huge and there’s European and Asian bookies taking money on Australian local games.

For them it’s just the second or third tier of football and there’s nothing strange for them to be betting on it.

As for the guys sitting on the sidelines updating scores and info, they advertise for them on LinkedIn.

Cricket is also an issue as the worldwide market (ie India) is huge as you point out.

Park Orchards get on the board and will be chasing 10th spot hard. You would think Norwood are safe but Berwick and South Croydon are in the relegation fight.
Park Orchards playing Doncaster this weekend and Norwood v Berwick. Six of the top 7 playing against each other as well. A very interesting round.

Last edited:
Hearing Wayne McInerney and Bayswater have parted ways after being dropped to the 2s on the weekend by coach Marc Hardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hearing they are not upset about him departing.
He didnt leave the club the first time on good terms and chased the dollar. I was surprised the club took him back.

Unfortunately has some ability but his ego and attitude can be an issue and problematic.

Bayswater have made the right decision to let him go despite the predicament they are in where I think they may be looking at relegation.

Park Orchards get on the board and will be chasing 10th spot hard. You would think Norwood are safe but Berwick and South Croydon are in the relegation fight.

Interesting to think that East Ringwood have dropped games to Norwood and South Croydon. Their upcoming clashes with Balwyn, Noble and Rowville will be very telling on where they are truly at. With their draw they are set for top 2 finish as long as they stop dropping the easy ones, but that 3 week stretch will tell if they are truly premiership contenders.

He didnt leave the club the first time on good terms and chased the dollar. I was surprised the club took him back.

Unfortunately has some ability but his ego and attitude can be an issue and problematic.

Bayswater have made the right decision to let him go despite the predicament they are in where I think they may be looking at relegation.

I used to work a bit with Todd Power (ex-Vermont) and he always said when they met potential recruits a big part of what they were looking for was guys that would buy into the culture ie hang around the rooms after games, help out with the juniors occasionally.
Though a bit easier when you’ve got a players queuing up like it’s Myer on Boxing Day.

He has a not so good reputation

Got dropped on the Thursday, Sent a group text on the Friday night announcing his retirement.
Cant expect to be a walk up start if you are not getting a touch (or a tackle)

Former Lion, Rohan Bewick has transferred from Old Xaverians, VAFA to Balwyn yesterday. Real good player.

Former Lion, Rohan Bewick has transferred from Old Xaverians, VAFA to Balwyn yesterday. Real good player.

Can they block his clearance for a week?!?

Hang on hang on, I've seen this one before.

Lots of mates at the club. Opportunity came up. Too good to pass up, playing with mates.

Am i right?
Well Josh Walker and Jordan Lisle, both former lions players are there. As an Ammo, playing for the love of the game, he won't impact their salary cap at all.;)
So have a guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back