NRL NRL 2020 Season - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Panthers: Fullback Dylan Edwards, centre Stephen Crichton and second-rower Viliame Kikau return to the side after being rested last week. Daine Laurie, Matt Burton and Spencer Leniu drop out while Tyrone May and Kurt Capewell shift to the bench.
Roosters: Hooker Jake Friend is out after a head knock last week but winger Brett Morris, centre Joey Manu, lock Isaac Liu and bench prop Lindsay Collins all return after a rest last week. Freddy Lussick is at hooker and Angus Crichton drops to the bench with Mitch Aubusson, Nat Butcher, Poasa Faamausili and Matt Ikuvalu all missing out.

Raiders: The top squad returns. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad replaces Adam Cook at fullback. Jarrod Croker and Jordan Rapana replace Matt Timoko and Harley Smith-Shields in the centres. Jack Wighton and George Williams replace Matt Frawley and Sam Williams in the halves. John Bateman and Elliott Whitehead return in the second row with Hudson Young and Corey Harawira-Naera going to the bench. Josh Papalii returns at prop and Joe Tapine at lock with Sia Soliola and Siliva Havili benched. Kai O'Donnell, Darby Medlyn, Jarrett Subloo and the injured Ryan Sutton drop off the interchange.
Sharks: Halfback Chad Townsend returns from suspension with winger Sione Katoa, centre Josh Dugan, hooker Blayke Brailey, lock Toby Rudolf and bench forward Siosifa Talakai all back for the finals. Wade Graham returns to the back row, Scott Sorensen drops to the bench while Nene Macdonald, Mawene Hiroti, Teig Wilton, Billy Magoulias and Daniel Vasquez all drop out.

Storm: The cavalry returns. Hooker Cameron Smith, halves Jahrome Hughes and Cameron Munster, wingers Suliasi Vunivalu and Josh Addo-Carr, centres Brenko Lee and Justin Olam, prop Jesse Bromwich, second-rowers Felise Kaufusi and Kenny Bromwich and lock Nelson Asofa-Solomona all return to the starting side. Brandon Smith and Tom Eisenhuth revert to the bench alongside the returning Tino Fa'asuamaleaui. Sandow Earl, Ricky Leutele, Paul Momirovski, Isaac Lumelume, Ryley Jacks, Cooper Johns, Tui Kamikamica, Chris Lewis, Aaron Booth, Max King, Darryn Schonig and Aaron Pene are all out.
Eels: Dylan Brown is named to return early from ankle surgery at five-eighth with Will Smith reverting to the bench. Michael Jennings replaces Brad Takairangi at centre. Reagan Campbell-Gillard returns from a rest at prop with Kane Evans dropping to the bench. Shaun Lane is back in the starting side with Andrew Davey on the pine. Marata Niukore also returns on the interchange with Oregon Kaufusi, George Jennings and Daniel Alvaro all dropping out.

Rabbitohs: Jaydn Su'A returns from suspension, allowing Cameron Murray to return to lock and Liam Knight to the bench with Hame Sele out.
Knights: Lachlan Fitzgibbon returns in the back row with Sione Mata'utia going to the bench and Brodie Jones out.

Last edited:

Thankfully I missed that disgraceful performance on Friday night but I don’t think it was indicative of our shot at the title and I think we will aim up against the Panthers

Nothing to worry about. They were not even trying.

You will see the difference in intent this week.

Nothing to worry about. They were not even trying.

You will see the difference in intent this week.

if there was an actual directive to ease off and play in self-preservation mode I would understand it for the most part but against Souths it is hard to take. the arch enemy. Robbo was pretty clearly unimpressed afterwards

I reakon there was. Same with Storm.

The Jury is out.

We will know on Friday.
Storm played the last 5 minutes with only 12 players on the field.

C'mon Panthers. Hate the bloody Roosters. Would like a Panthers-Eels GF.

So suddenly, we get to the Finals, and we're not bothering with the social distancing any more? What's changed with crowds in the last week?

I've got no dog in the fight for this one; Penrith and the Roosters have both played some great footy this year. Should be a cracker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recorded the game and just flicking through now. Wow, whyd this have to be on the same time as the Tiges game? This would have been an absolute cracker to watch live.

It was okay but Penrith weirdly looked to be in control

Everyone is saying, so close, only the field goal, but if Naden hadn't had that brain melt, Penrith wouldn't have been under such pressure at the end. Panthers certainly the better side.

Melbourne had about 60% of the ball in the first half, but we’ve been able to keep it to 12-12. Not a bad defensive effort, but Melbourne have bombed a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back