NRL NRL 2020 Season - Grand Final - Penrith vs Melbourne live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now this craps out the way we can get on to the real stuff, can't wait for the Maroons to disappoint.
Its been a really enjoyable NRL season, the 6 again rule has been awesome.

On paper, the Blues look a clear class above in most positions, but its still one of the best sports events of the year and I'll be supporting the QLDers, even though I reckon they'll get spanked...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad weekend Richmond becoming a dynasty and cam smith and co winning another comp

Life’s good

Ok bandwagoner. Bet this is the first NRL game you've watched all year.

Its been a really enjoyable NRL season, the 6 again rule has been awesome.

On paper, the Blues look a clear class above in most positions, but its still one of the best sports events of the year and I'll be supporting the QLDers, even though I reckon they'll get spanked...
They were in 95 too..

Diehard rugby league fans and casual observers alike united in their dislike of Phil Gould on Sunday night.
Gould copped an absolute pasting on social media from punters who accused the Channel 9 analyst of being “biased” in his commentary of Melbourne’s Grand Final win over Penrith.
Gould coached the Panthers to their first premiership in 1991 and was the club’s head of football for many years until stepping down from his post in 2019.
Melburnians are already sensitive about what they see as an anti-Storm sentiment north of the Victorian border, and they were given some extra ammunition from Gould’s work behind the microphone in the early exchanges of the season’s biggest game, convinced he was favouring the Panthers over Craig Bellamy’s troops.
It started when Storm centre Justin Olam was awarded a penalty try in the opening minutes because Panthers centre Tyrone May kicked out with his leg to prevent his opponent from grounding the ball — which is illegal.
Nine commentator Peter Sterling said at halftime it was the right decision and plenty on social media agreed. At the time Gould said: “I don’t know what Tyrone May could have done any differently there.
“It is not what I would call indiscriminate kicking but the referee ruled he’s played at the ball with his foot.”
Gould also disagreed with a knock-on call against Panthers back-rower Viliame Kikau later in the first half.
“It wasn’t knocked on. He actually threw a pass that was knocked down by a Melbourne Storm player,” Gould complained. “The ruling’s wrong. The ruling’s wrong.
“Where was the linesman on that play?
“Should have been play-on.”
The way Gould kept talking up the Panthers even when they went to halftime down 22-0 also grated with an angry Melbourne audience, which was keen to make its feelings known.
Melbourne-based broadcaster Andy Maher tweeted: “Commentary already a one-sided joke.
“It’s 16-0 and he reckons the other mob are on top. You can’t make this stuff up.”
Aussie tennis star Dylan Alcott said at halftime: “22-0 to the Storm but ALL the momentum with the Panthers according to big Gus Gould. Give it a rest.”
AFL legend Shane Crawford added: “Sport is all about scoreboard pressure but apparently Phil Gould thinks Storm are struggling … (hold your breath) pleasexplain.”
Fellow footy great Brendan Fevola said: “Phil Gould is kidding himself. Panthers on top 16-0 down,” along with some laughing face emojis.
AFL funnyman Titus O’Reily wrote: “Anti Storm comments from the Channel 9 commentary box? I need this consistency in my life this year.”
Ex AFL reporter Rohan Connolly called Gould “biased”. “This has got to be the most pathetic call of a major sporting event I’ve ever heard. How the hell does Channel 9 cop this?” he tweeted.
Racing writer Ben Dorries wrote on social media: “Watching the NRL grand final with the sound down now. Goose Gould unlistenable.”
Courier Mail rugby league writer Travis Meyn said: “Phil Gould Pro Panther commentary. Wow.
“Between Gould’s commentary and ‘Freddy Cam’ I may struggle to make it to full-time.”
AFL journalist Lee Gaskin tweeted: “Gus Gould. Oh boy. One-eyed much.”
Steve Zemek chimed in with: “Hey @wwos if I get 1000 likes will you pull Gus Gould from the commentary box?”

Diehard rugby league fans and casual observers alike united in their dislike of Phil Gould on Sunday night.
Gould copped an absolute pasting on social media from punters who accused the Channel 9 analyst of being “biased” in his commentary of Melbourne’s Grand Final win over Penrith.
Gould coached the Panthers to their first premiership in 1991 and was the club’s head of football for many years until stepping down from his post in 2019.
Melburnians are already sensitive about what they see as an anti-Storm sentiment north of the Victorian border, and they were given some extra ammunition from Gould’s work behind the microphone in the early exchanges of the season’s biggest game, convinced he was favouring the Panthers over Craig Bellamy’s troops.
It started when Storm centre Justin Olam was awarded a penalty try in the opening minutes because Panthers centre Tyrone May kicked out with his leg to prevent his opponent from grounding the ball — which is illegal.
Nine commentator Peter Sterling said at halftime it was the right decision and plenty on social media agreed. At the time Gould said: “I don’t know what Tyrone May could have done any differently there.
“It is not what I would call indiscriminate kicking but the referee ruled he’s played at the ball with his foot.”
Gould also disagreed with a knock-on call against Panthers back-rower Viliame Kikau later in the first half.
“It wasn’t knocked on. He actually threw a pass that was knocked down by a Melbourne Storm player,” Gould complained. “The ruling’s wrong. The ruling’s wrong.
“Where was the linesman on that play?
“Should have been play-on.”
The way Gould kept talking up the Panthers even when they went to halftime down 22-0 also grated with an angry Melbourne audience, which was keen to make its feelings known.
Melbourne-based broadcaster Andy Maher tweeted: “Commentary already a one-sided joke.
“It’s 16-0 and he reckons the other mob are on top. You can’t make this stuff up.”
Aussie tennis star Dylan Alcott said at halftime: “22-0 to the Storm but ALL the momentum with the Panthers according to big Gus Gould. Give it a rest.”
AFL legend Shane Crawford added: “Sport is all about scoreboard pressure but apparently Phil Gould thinks Storm are struggling … (hold your breath) pleasexplain.”
Fellow footy great Brendan Fevola said: “Phil Gould is kidding himself. Panthers on top 16-0 down,” along with some laughing face emojis.
AFL funnyman Titus O’Reily wrote: “Anti Storm comments from the Channel 9 commentary box? I need this consistency in my life this year.”
Ex AFL reporter Rohan Connolly called Gould “biased”. “This has got to be the most pathetic call of a major sporting event I’ve ever heard. How the hell does Channel 9 cop this?” he tweeted.
Racing writer Ben Dorries wrote on social media: “Watching the NRL grand final with the sound down now. Goose Gould unlistenable.”
Courier Mail rugby league writer Travis Meyn said: “Phil Gould Pro Panther commentary. Wow.
“Between Gould’s commentary and ‘Freddy Cam’ I may struggle to make it to full-time.”
AFL journalist Lee Gaskin tweeted: “Gus Gould. Oh boy. One-eyed much.”
Steve Zemek chimed in with: “Hey @wwos if I get 1000 likes will you pull Gus Gould from the commentary box?”

Legit cannot understand why Ch 9 allows it. ******* amateur hour stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back