NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 12 (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 30th July
St.George-Illawarra vs South Sydney (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium- 19:50)

Friday 31st July
Wests Tigers vs New Zealand (SCG - 18:00)
Brisbane vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Suncorp Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 1st August
Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast (SCG - 15:00)
North Queensland vs Canberra (QCB Stadium - 17:30)
Manly-Warringah vs Penrith (Lottoland - 19:35)

Sunday 2nd August
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Parramatta (ANZ Stadium - 14:00)
Melbourne vs Newcastle (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 16:05)

Dragons: Halfback Adam Clune and Trent Merrin (HIAs) will each miss a week with Ben Hunt reverting to halfback, Cameron McInnes to hooker and Jackson Ford starting at lock. Jordan Pereira replaces Jason Saab on the wing. Tariq Sims returns from suspension, pushing Tyrell Fuimaono to the bench. Tristan Sailor is the new name on the pine.
Rabbitohs: Latrell Mitchell returns from suspension at fullback, with Alex Johnston shifting to wing and Corey Allan out. Liam Knight and Patrick Mago return on the bench in place of Jack Johns and Hame Sele.

Wests Tigers: Alex Twal (knee) returns at lock and Luke Garner (concussion) in the back row. Oliver Clark starts at prop for the suspended Russell Packer while Michael Chee Kam won't be risked after a nasty head knock against the Eels. Sam McIntyre drops to the bench and Matt Eisenhuth out of the 21 with Thomas Mikaele (knee) returning on the interchange. Josh Reynolds is available after serving a two-game suspension but is named in the reserves.
Warriors: With four players including wingers David Fusitu'a and Ken Maumalo returning to New Zealand, Patrick Herbert starts on one flank while Eels loan player George Jennings makes his club debut on the other. Jennings' Eels teammate and fellow loan player Dan Alvaro replaces Isaiah Papali'I on the pine. Hooker Wayde Egan also returns from injury on the interchange in place of Chanel Harris-Tavita.

Broncos: Another spine reshuffle with Brodie Croft out with a shoulder injury, meaning Anthony Milford returns to five-eighth, Darius Boyd to fullback and Herbie Farnworth shifts in to centre with Richie Kennar in on the wing. Jake Turpin (knee) returns at hooker and Issac Luke (suspension) and Ethan Bullemor are back on the bench with Cory Paix, Tyson Gamble and Jamil Hopoate all dropping out.
Sharks: Centre Josh Dugan returns for his 200th NRL game in place of Bryson Goodwin. Connor Tracey replaces Chad Townsend (calf) at halfback. Briton Nikora returns from suspension in the back row and Toby Rudolf starts at lock, pushing Siosifa Talakai and Jack Williams to the bench.

Roosters: Ryan Hall replaces Brett Morris on the wing in the only change.
Titans: Keegan Hipgrave returns in the second row with Sam Stone dropping to the reserves. Sam Lisone replaces Jai Whitbread on the bench.

Cowboys: Centre Connelly Lemuelu returns with Mitch Dunn going to the bench. Jordan McLean is back at prop with Francis Molo returning to the interchange. Reuben Cotter and Ben Hampton drop out.
Raiders: Jordan Rapana replaces Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (finger) at fullback with Curtis Scott recalled at centre and Nick Cotric shifting to the wing. John Bateman makes his long-awaited return from shoulder surgery in the second row with Hudson Young moving to lock and Kai O'Donnell to the reserves. Mid-season recruit Corey Harawira-Naera comes straight into the 17 in place of Harley Smith-Shields.

Sea Eagles: Sean Keppie replaces Jack Gosiewski on the bench. Dylan Walker is closing in on an injury comeback and is listed in the reserves.
Panthers: Viliame Kikau returns in the back row, with Tyone May dropping back to the interchange and Matt Burton out. Api Koroisau is listed in the reserves as he looks to return from an elbow injury.

Bulldogs: Mid-season recruit Tim Lafai replaces Kerrod Holland at centre. Jack Cogger and Sauaso Sue join the interchange in place of Brandon Wakeham and Renouf To'omaga.
Eels: Kane Evans (calf) and Oregon Kaufusi (broken hand) return on the bench in place of Brad Takairangi and Stefano Utoikamanu.

Storm: Marion Seve replaces Brenko Lee (broken hand) at centre. Tom Eisenhuth returns from a hamstring injury on the bench in place of Paul Momirovski (finger).
Knights: Chris Randall comes in at hooker for his second NRL game following season-ending injuries to Andrew McCullough and Connor Watson. Sione Mata'utia is also out with Aidan Guerra starting in the back row. Phoenix Crossland and Josh King join the interchange.

Last edited:

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Latrell Mitchell has to be the most overrated, overhyped player in the league. Makes way too many errors and mistakes.
Were you watching the same game? Opened up his outside backs numerous times and put them in holes to score. But I suppose he's black so that's why you hate him??

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Were you watching the same game? Opened up his outside backs numerous times and put them in holes to score. But I suppose he's black so that's why you hate him??

Racism is a very real scourge on this planet across the board.

Throwing it around because a player you love doesn’t get universal praise cheapens the very real issue of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'm sick of seeing keyboard warriors like you attack him for no reason. He's a class player having a great season and people like you just keep posting rubbish about him. We all know why
I shouldn't really bother responding to you, but my comments were directly after he had made his second key error, dropping an easy catch. What do you mean people like me? Fans of the sport who make an observation? What are you trying to imply? Your accusations that I'm a racist and hate him because he is black say more about you than they do about me. Nothing of my comments warrants you putting that accusation on me.

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I shouldn't really bother responding to you, but my comments were directly after he had made his second key error, dropping an easy catch. What do you mean people like me? Fans of the sport who make an observation? What are you trying to imply? Your accusations that I'm a racist and hate him because he is black say more about you than they do about me. Nothing of my comments warrants you putting that accusation on me.
His second key error? In one match? Gee what a terrible player he is. He's probably the most overhyped player of all time. Cos he made a second key error.. just listen to yourself

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
His second key error? In one match? Gee what a terrible player he is. He's probably the most overhyped player of all time. Cos he made a second key error.. just listen to yourself
Sure, got no issue with you having a differing opinion on a player observation. Since his peak at the Roosters I dont feel the hype has justified the performance, and I dont think he's a great full back, I reckon he was playing better at the Roosters in different positions.

Can I offer you some advice? Labelling someone a racist with no basis does more harm than good, and for such an important cause you make it less significant by throwing that accusation around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is just a disgusting comment from absolutely nothing from the other poster.
I love how Latrell stands up for himself and his community, but don’t see him as a champion. He’s just a good ordinary player who is probably being paid overs.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
That is just a disgusting comment from absolutely nothing from the other poster.
I love how Latrell stands up for himself and his community, but don’t see him as a champion. He’s just a good ordinary player who is probably being paid overs.

Hadn't even seen the initial post. Complete stupidity. I reckon he's a bit of a thug myself who gets away with a lot of cheap shots.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Absolute full disclosure: I think Latrell is overacted, but I also didn’t know he was a minority.

🤷🏻‍♂️

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I think if you'd only seen hi this season (and I don't know whether you have, AFL), you could be forgiven for thinking he was overrated. He is a very talented player who can do remarkable things, but hasn't settled into the team, is still making too many errors, and his temperament, too put it kindly, can be suspect.

I went to bed thinking the Broncos were home, nek minnitt.

You underestimated Brisbane’s ability to go full Seibold!

Just more livid I had a multi Warriors/Brisbane -14.5/Sharks 13+!

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It was a small wager but I actually had the Warriors at 5.60.
Good pick, especially with their outs. I greedily put the Wests as a leg into a multi to boost my odds for the Brisbane Lions

You underestimated Brisbane’s ability to go full Seibold!

Just more livid I had a multi Warriors/Brisbane -14.5/Sharks 13+!
There was a 10-15 minute period where Staggs went beast mode and was owning everything both sides of the ball, I switched channels after his try thinking the game was done. Flicked back 20mins later and couldn't believe the score. Its not that the margin was ungettable, but the Broncos looked all over them in play there weren't any signs they were vulnerable.

Good pick, especially with their outs. I greedily put the Wests as a leg into a multi to boost my odds for the Brisbane Lions

There was a 10-15 minute period where Staggs went beast mode and was owning everything both sides of the ball, I switched channels after his try thinking the game was done. Flicked back 20mins later and couldn't believe the score. Its not that the margin was ungettable, but the Broncos looked all over them in play there weren't any signs they were vulnerable.

They fumbled a drop out and it all went pear shaped from there. They flat out should have won though no excuses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back