NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 12 (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Penrith have got to be the most entertaining side of any football code in the world right now! Not a single player looks out of place, incredible completion rate amid some very creative plays. Staines now has 6 tries in less than a game and a half of rugby. Cleary's decision making and kicking execution was spot on as usual, and my personal favourite is Luai, a couple more try assists for him today.

Penrith have got to be the most entertaining side of any football code in the world right now! Not a single player looks out of place, incredible completion rate amid some very creative plays. Staines now has 6 tries in less than a game and a half of rugby. Cleary's decision making and kicking execution was spot on as usual, and my personal favourite is Luai, a couple more try assists for him today.
Playing a level above most teams. A matchup against the Storm or Roosters would be really interesting now.

I just watched the game, and i was literally applauding my laptop. They just don't get it wrong, do they, in attack or defence. And they don't drop it. Cleary's ball-skill and decision-making are just superb. And what can you say about Staines? You have to have a heart of stone, etc... But I think you can say that the lad is no flash in the pan, I expect we will see a lot more of him. To say both those took a bit of scoring is putting it mildly.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen the Penrith game but sounds like I need to.

Would love to see everyone’s top 5 rankings after this round.

I just love to see our sport showcased at its best, and, let's be right, Manly were no mugs; they played well. Although talented as DCE and the brothers are, I've never seen them as a really top side this season.

AFL you are in for a treat.

Sounds like it mate. The last few rounds haven’t had as many “marquee” matchups so I haven’t been watching as games as I had been.

But the season is really shaping up to have some terrific finals- really intriguing so far for a new fan. I feel like any of Penrith, Paramata, Sydney, and Melb could justifiable make a case as the favorites.

What on earth was that turnover from Zelezniak vs Parramatta?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18-0 up after 25 minutes, Parramatta should have won that by 40. Minimum. Instead we took our foot off their throat and allowed the Dogs back into the game. Our defense hasn't looked as solid as earlier in the season, although we are still keeping teams to below 20pts which is a real positive. Our offense has been inconsistant at best over the last few weeks. There are periods in the game were we look potent and creative and scoring at will, and there other periods where we look flat and uninspired and would struggle to score against the Broncos.

The try from Averillo was special, he was so far outside the field of play it almost defies the logic that he managed to get the ball down. Perhaps the best touchline try I have every seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back