NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 13th August
Sydney Roosters vs Melbourne (SCG- 19:50)

Friday 14th August
New Zealand vs Penrith (Central Coast Stadium- 18:00)
Parramatta vs St.George-Illawarra (Bankwest Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 15th August
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Gold Coast (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 15:00)
North Queensland vs South Sydney (QCB Stadium - 17:30)
Canberra vs Brisbane (GIO Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 16th August
Newcastle vs Manly-Warringah (McDonald Jones Stadium - 14:00)
Wests Tigers vs Canterbury-Bankstown (Bankwest Stadium - 16:05)

Roosters: Josh Morris is back from a calf injury at centre, allowing Mitch Aubusson to return to the back row with Nat Butcher benched and Max Bailey out. None of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton or Brett Morris will return this week although halfback Kyle Flanagan is a chance after being named in jersey 21.
Storm: Fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen and lock Dale Finucane are back after a week's rest while Ryley Jacks starts at five-eighth for the injured Cameron Munster. Tino Faaasuamaleaui and Nicho Hynes revert to the bench and Chris Lewis drops out of the 17.

Warriors: Prop Jack Hetherington's suspension opens the door for Lachlan Burr to move from the bench into the starting side. Isaiah Papali'i is the new man on the interchange.
Panthers: Unchanged after last week's win over the Raiders.

Eels: Ryan Matterson returns from concussion in the back row with Marata Niukore dropping to the bench and Andrew Davey to 18th man.
Dragons: Corey Norman has been recalled at five-eighth, shifting Ben Hunt to hooker and Cam McInnes to lock with the suspended Jackson Ford out. Tyrell Fuimaono starts in the back row following a shoulder injury to Tariq Sims. Trent Merrin is also out with Korbin Sims and Jacob Host the new faces on the pine.

Sharks: Jack Williams replaces Teig Wilton on the bench. Toby Rudolf is named to start as usual despite coming off the bench on game days.
Titans: Unchanged after last week's big win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys: Scott Drinkwater returns from injury at fullback, bumping Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow to the wing in place of Justin O'Neill. John Asiata returns on the bench in place of Tom Gilbert.
Rabbitohs: Jaydn Su'A returns from suspension, bumping Liam Knight to the bench and Jack Johns to 18th man.

Raiders: Unchanged, with hooker Siliva Havili overcoming a triceps injury.
Broncos: With Tevita Pangai jnr under a COVID hold, Ben Te'o comes into the starting side and 22-year-old Jordan Riki has been named to make his NRL debut from the bench. Back-up hooker Issac Luke has been relegated to the reserves. Cory Paix joins the bench for his seventh game of the season.

Knights: Daniel Saifiti returns from injury at prop with his brother Jacob reverting to the pine and Brodie Jones dropping out.
Sea Eagles: Brad Parker is back from a head knock replacing Tevita Funa at centre. Taniela Paseka starts for injured prop Addin Fonua-Blake while Marty Taupau has been named despite failing an HIA last week. Edge forwards Curtis Sironen and Joel Thompson both return after being late scratchings in round 13. Haumole Olakau'atu and Corey Waddell drop to the interchange with Morgan Boyle back to 18th man.

Wests Tigers: Hooker Jacob Liddle gets his first game since a horror knee injury last year, allowing Moses Mbye to return to centre and Tommy Talau to the wing with Asu Kepaoa out. Luke Garner is recalled in the back row with Chris Lawrence dropping to the bench and Shawn Blore out. Josh Reynolds returns on the bench following the season-ending injury to Billy Walters.
Bulldogs: Kerrod Holland starts at centre for Jake Averillo, who picked up a hip injury in the loss to the Storm, while Jack Cogger replaces the suspended Lachlan Lewis at halfback.

Last edited:

Roosters (13+ or as many as they want, Storm have zero points in them minus Munster and Smith)
Panthers (although this will be a typical game where a top side can drop- no bet game)
Eels (by a lot...that's all I'll say)
Titans (upset of the round, Sharks are hopeless, rely on Graham to do anything)
Rabbitohs (starting to come good, they will win this easy)
Raiders (could literally be 60+)
Knights (but this is with ZERO confidence I don't rate the Knights much)
Bulldogs (trust me the Tigers lose these games all the time!)

Last edited:
A little bit of spice before their clash with Parra.

Hopefully the Dragons players honour the demise of their coach with a complete and utter capitulation at the hands of their might foe.

I'm predicting Parramatta by a minimum of 30. Or, knowing my luck, St. George will galvanise and squeak home by 2.

F*** that was ugly.

I can cop losing, no problems there, especially against Melbourne who even without the Camerons are always very strong.

by game’s end we were without: a bench hooker, our starting back row, our first choice halves, our 3 first choice wingers, our best prop, our best utility.
That’s f***ing tough to deal with.

but what I hate is when the guys who come in don’t do the basics. Dropping balls they have no right to drop. Not fighting in the tackles. Throwing forward passes. Getting caught out on the last tackle.

that’s not first grade standard no matter who is and isn’t there.

The video ref is a St George fan. Two decisions that defy logic. The second one has now cost Parramatta dearly.
It has been a total joke. Wait until next week to see a full rort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely pathetic tonight, easily our worst performance of the year. Storm will win by 40 if we produce this garbage next week

There were so many terrible calls made during that game, by the Referee and in particular by the bunker, that I'm not entirely sure which team was hardest done by. The attempted rake while Norman was in possession, which led to St George's second try was total BS. The knock on by Ellis before he scored was total BS. And the Mahony no-try looked more like a try than not, yet some how the idiot in the bunker saw it differently. They were the three biggest ones, but there were numerous others that I found just as baffling.

To date, this has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Rugby League I've seen for a number of years, especially by the top 6-8 teams, it is such a shame that it is being soured a little by poor officiating. They really need to clean up their act before finals, otherwise we could end with another howler of decision like last year, ruining another a Grand Final.

There were so many terrible calls made during that game, by the Referee and in particular by the bunker, that I'm not entirely sure which team was hardest done by. The attempted rake while Norman was in possession, which led to St George's second try was total BS. The knock on by Ellis before he scored was total BS. And the Mahony no-try looked more like a try than not, yet some how the idiot in the bunker saw it differently. They were the three biggest ones, but there were numerous others that I found just as baffling.

To date, this has been one of the most entertaining seasons of Rugby League I've seen for a number of years, especially by the top 6-8 teams, it is such a shame that it is being soured a little by poor officiating. They really need to clean up their act before finals, otherwise we could end with another howler of decision like last year, ruining another a Grand Final.

I need to say this because it pisses me off no end.

the decision in the grand final was CORRECT. There was no howler and if people go through the game start to finish with no bias they will find that Canberra actually got most of the 50-50 calls.

the mistake was simply that the ref initially but incorrectly called 6 to go, and then corrected himself without Wighton hearing the correction.

had he not corrected himself and the raiders scored 3 tackles later the outcry would have rightly been about how they were incorrectly awarded another set of six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back