NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 20th August
Parramatta vs Melbourne (Bankwest Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 21st August
Penrith vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Panthers Stadium- 18:00)
Brisbane vs St.George-Illawarra (Suncorp Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 22nd August
Gold Coast vs Canberra (Cbus Super Stadium - 15:00)
Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters (Leichhardt Oval - 17:30)
South Sydney vs Manly-Warringah (ANZ Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 23rd August
Canterbury-Bankstown vs New Zealand (ANZ Stadium - 14:00)
Newcastle vs North Queensland (McDonald Jones Stadium - 16:05)

Eels: Parramatta are unchanged.
Storm: Sandor Earl replaces Suliasi Vunivalu (broken jaw) on the wing and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui starts at lock for Dale Finucane (calf), with Albert Vete joining the bench. Halfback Jahrome Hughes has been named despite a groin injury last week, although Cooper Johns in jersey 20 is on standby for a debut if Hughes is not passed fit.

Panthers: Unchanged from last week's win over the Warriors.
Sharks: Unchanged, with Toby Rudolf as usual named to start at lock despite reverting to the bench every week on game day.

Broncos: With Payne Haas suspended and Tom Flegler out with a shoulder injury, Joe Ofahengaue and Rhys Kennedy form a new front-row pairing. Anthony Milford returns from a hamstring injury in the halves with Brodie Croft dropped. Jordan Kahu replaces Jesse Arthars in the backline with Herbie Farnworth shifting to wing. Issac Luke starts at hooker for Jake Turpin, who has a broken hand. Ethan Bullemor and Jamil Hopoate are the new faces on the pine.
Dragons: Interim coach Dean Young's first team sheet features just one change, with Paul Vaughan recalled after serving his quarantine period for a COVID breach, taking Tristan Sailor's bench spot.

Titans: Wingers Anthony Don and Phillip Sami are back from injury, with Young Tonumaipea shifting to centre for Dale Copley (pec) and Corey Thompson to the reserves. Jai Arrow (shoulder) is out with Jarrod Wallace starting, Moeaki Fotuaika shifting to lock and Sam Stone called up on the bench. Captain Kevin Proctor has been named pending a trip to the judiciary on Tuesday night to challenge a biting allegation.
Raiders: Hudson Young is named to return to the starting lock role with Ryan Sutton reverting to the interchange.

Wests Tigers: Unchanged. Alex Twal is a chance of making his injury comeback after being named in jersey 18.
Roosters: Brett Morris and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves return from injury in place of Christian Tuipulotu and Mitch Aubusson (fractured wrist) with Nat Butcher shifting to the second row. Lachlan Lam (ankle) and Luke Keary (ribs) are out with Drew Hutchison and Kyle Flanagan forming a new halves pairing. Freddy Lussick debuts on the bench.

Rabbitohs: Liam Knight's suspension paves the way for Bayley Sironen to return to the run-on side and hands Jack Johns his third career game off the bench.
Sea Eagles: An ACL injury to stand-in fullback Brendan Elliot means Reuben Garrick returns to the back with Jorge Taufua recalled on the wing. Marty Taupau is back at prop after a head knock with Jake Trbojevic named at lock, Corey Waddell back to the pine and Jack Gosiewski out.

Bulldogs: Will Hopoate returns from at fullback with Nick Meaney shifting to wing and Marcelo Montoya out. Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King, prop Aiden Tolman and round 14 debutant Matt Doorey all move into the run-on side with Sione Katoa and Luke Thompson to the bench, Josh Jackson at lock and Dylan Napa suspended. Jake Averillo returns on the interchange.
Warriors: Hayze Perham gets his first game since round four, pushing Adam Pompey to wing with Patrick Herbert out. Eliesa Katoa is suspended, with Isaiah Papali'i in the second row and Jack Murchie recalled on the bench.

Knights: Daniel Saifiti has succumbed to another knee injury with his brother Jacob to start at prop and Pasami Saulo returning on the bench.
Cowboys: Reuben Cotter replaces Jake Granville on the bench in the only change.

Last edited:

If Parra can't beat that Storm side they aren't a threat this year.

Roosters massive chance of missing the top 4 with that injury list. Like their 2 INS but not sure about their halves with Keary gone as well now.

Happy with first half, a solid performance with a little flash. Need to go on with it now.

Keeping them scoreless would be a wonderful confidence boost.

So without the refs boss playing the Storm don’t stand a chance

Eels seem to be the current favourite team of the NRL, penalty Eels!!!
Think the Storm were never going to compete with that team tonight. Too much disruption. Every time I see Sandor Earl named I laugh, surely there are better options on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the Storm were never going to compete with that team tonight. Too much disruption. Every time I see Sandor Earl named I laugh, surely there are better options on the wing.

I think there is a serious lack of depth in the NRL right now. Sharks side is pretty good. Yet absolutely no depth in a lot of positions, just have to see the hacks we’ve signed as backup wing or centre who were duds elsewhere.

Earl would be better than Bryson Goodwin that’s for sure!

Parra put 2 tries on Storms reserve grade team at home and gift wrapped by the ref.

They are no chance in finals without those cards falling their way again.

Parra put 2 tries on Storms reserve grade team at home and gift wrapped by the ref.

They are no chance in finals without those cards falling their way again.

Storm should have have a bloke sent off! How was the ref gift wrapping it to Parra?

8-1, yeah poor Parra...

You see how much wrestling Melbourne were doing? Their props were having a sleep in the play the ball area.

Nelson should have been sent off too. Very lucky to only get 10 in the bin

Fell at the first with predictions! I guess I didn't take on board the Storm's depleted team. But they have been impressive the last few weeks, whereas Parra have been a tad scratchy.

The way Melbourne hold down in the tackle, any other side would have a hatful of six again calls. But not today. And forward passes from dummy-half.

I don't think NAS was a red, but there should be no complaints at a yellow.

Storm should have have a bloke sent off! How was the ref gift wrapping it to Parra?

8 to 1 Penalty count.

Both Parra tries off penalties...one where the fox was called for a knock on which it it wasn't.

The other where Parra knocked on and ended up with the penalty.

It was wrapped rather well I thought.

But my concern is Parra had all that and also were at full strength and were playing a reserves grade team and had an extra man for 10 minutes and still couldn't put them away.

Penrith, Roosters or Storm for me.

8 to 1 Penalty count.

Both Parra tries off penalties...one where the fox was called for a knock on which it it wasn't.

The other where Parra knocked on and ended up with the penalty.

It was wrapped rather well I thought.

But my concern is Parra had all that and also were at full strength and were playing a reserves grade team and had an extra man for 10 minutes and still couldn't put them away.

Penrith, Roosters or Storm for me.
Parramatta are 4th in line for me too, but that doesn't mean they are without chance. They looked tentative and cautious last night, but professional too. They relied on their defence and got enough points to secure the game. They were always in control and managed the game for 80 minutes. After being mauled by the Storm in recent games, I dont think they were that confident to take risks and bury them, they just wanted the win. When you have control, why make risky offloads or ambitious passes that could then see Addo-Carr or Papenhauyzen whisk it away and get back in the game? There was no need. It was well executed I thought.

Come finals, I probably have them as a team who needs some other results and matchups to fall their way if they want to make the GF, they will need a bit of luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back