NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 17th September
South Sydney vs Canterbury-Bankstown (ANZ Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 18th September
North Queensland vs Penrith (QCB Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Brisbane (Bankwest Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 19th September
Manly-Warringah vs Gold Coast (Lottoland- 15:00)
Melbourne vs Wests Tigers (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 17:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla-Sutherland (SCG - 19:35)

Sunday 20th September
Canberra vs New Zealand (GIO Stadium - 14:00)
Newcastle vs St.George-Illawarra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 16:05)

Rabbitohs: Jaxson Paulo returns on the wing for the suspended Dane Gagai and Hame Sele replaces Pat Mago on the bench.
Bulldogs: Tim Lafai returns at centre with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moving to the wing and Nick Meaney dropped. With back-rower Matt Doorey injured, Chris Smith starts at lock, Josh Jackson returns to the edge, Luke Thompson returns at prop and Renouf To'omaga drops to the bench alongside the recalled Sione Katoa with Dean Britt dropping to 18th man.

Cowboys: Murray Tualagi replaces Justin O'Neill at centre and Corey Jensen starts at prop with Francis Molo moving to lock for the suspended Josh McGuire. John Asiata is also suspended with Emre Pere and debutant Ben Condon called up on the bench. Gavin Cooper has been listed to start with Tom Gilbert on the bench. Jason Taumalolo is a chance to return from a calf strain after being named in jersey 18.
Panthers: Mitch Kenny is in at hooker for Api Koroisau after his head knock last week. James Tamou will also sit out a week, with Moses Leota starting at prop. Kurt Capewell and Jack Hetherington in his first game back from a Warriors loan deal join the bench with Zane Tetevano also out.

Eels: Reed Mahoney returns from a shoulder injury at hooker with Ray Stone out and Will Smith retaining a bench spot.
Broncos: Brisbane have an all-new front row with hard-working prop Payne Haas out for family reasons and Rhys Kennedy suspended while five-eighth Sean O'Sullivan has been dropped. Brodie Croft was set to return but suffered a head knock at training so Tyson Gamble starts in the halves, Ben Te'o and Joe Ofahengaue start up front and Jamil Hopoate and Ethan Bullemor return on the interchange.

Sea Eagles: Lachlan Croker starts in the halves after Cade Cust's injury last week, with Danny Levi back starting at hooker and Corey Waddell joining the interchange. Tom Trbojevic is some chance of returning after being named in jersey 21.
Titans: Kevin Proctor returns from suspension in the second row in place of the injured Beau Fermor while Tanah Boyd replaces Erin Clark on the bench.

Storm: Christian Welch returns at prop, Nelson Asofa-Solomona moves to lock, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui to the bench and Darren Schonig drops out. Brandon Smith is a chance to return after being named in jersey 18.
Wests Tigers: Joey Leilua replaces Tommy Talau at centre and Josh Reynolds replaces the suspended Luke Brooks in the halves. Sam McIntyre starts in the back row with Luke Garner to the bench. Russell Packer and Zane Musgrove have been called up on the bench with Elijah Taylor and Jacob Liddle dropped.

Roosters: James Tedesco is rested with Joseph Manu to play fullback and Mitch Aubusson to play his record-breaking game at centre and Freddy Lussick recalled on the bench. Prop Siosiua Taukeiaho is also rested with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves returning at prop. Lindsay Collins starts in the front row with Angus Crichton returning to the pine.
Sharks: Unchanged after last week's crucial win over the Warriors.

Raiders: Siliva Havili starts at hooker with Tom Starling going to the bench.
Warriors: With the team now mathematically out of the finals running and the loan players departing plus prop Jamayne Taunoa-Brown suspended, Adam Keighran starts at centre with Hayze Perham replacing George Jennings on the wing, and Lachlan Burr starts at prop with Eliesa Katoa returning on the bench alongside debutant Tom Ale.

Knights: Kalyn Ponga returns at fullback, hooker Kurt Mann is suspended and five-eighth Mason Lino has been dropped with Tex Hoy moving to the halves, Chris Randall at dummy-half and Phoenix Crossland joining the interchange. Hymel Hunt is recalled at centre in place of Gehamat Shibasaki and Mitch Barnett returns at lock with Jacob Saifiti dropping to the pine and Josh King at 18th man.
Dragons: Tariq Sims replaces Billy Brittain on the bench and Max Feagai debuts in place of Tyrell Fuimaono.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Seems a straight forward week to pick... with Manly v Titans being the only 50/50
So many heavy favourites, pretty average round. I think with a few player changes/restings all over the games the scores will be closer than the market suggests.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Unrelated but I have a new favourite player - Sia Soliola, already a legend courtesy of some of his off-field stuff, has revealed that he tried to blend KFC while his jaw was broken and he was unable to chew.

Not all heroes wear capes.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Go Doggies! I ******* love this club! Suck s**t Broncos!

For the first time in the 45+ years I've know them, my mother and sister will be hoping for a Parramatta victory tonight. I hope they don't put the mocker on us. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
For the first time in the 45+ years I've know them, my mother and sister will be hoping for a Parramatta victory tonight. I hope they don't put the mocker on us. :)

Broncos r crap, Broncos are missing players, parra are playing for top 4.

Even parra couldn't lose this.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Broncos r crap, Broncos are missing players, parra are playing for top 4.

Even parra couldn't lose this.

It depends, the NRL referees are on the Parra train but if the NRL decide they don’t want Brisbane to get the spoon, they’d be in trouble

Doubt Parra have won a game without a lopsided penalty count in their favour this year

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Firstly I hate the shoulder charge rule. Injuries happen in a huge collision sport like rugby league. Removing shoulder charges from the rules was never going to change that, only it's removed the most visually appealing aspect of the contest.

But it is the rule and the rule is also that you can't attack the head. Shoulder or not.
I love huge hits, love them - but even 10 years ago when the below happened, the first thing I thought was "that's got him in the head."

Whether its a shoulder charge or not, if you hit the head you take the risk so i don't have a huge problem with a sin binning.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I think young Deardon has shown he has the right stuff, behind a well-beaten side this year, and former Wiganer Farnworth too has had a very decent season in the NRL. Sadly just got a glimpse of what Fifita can offer. Parra still look a bit scratchy, and that performance won't have worried the other top sides.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
And on that Perenara error, for me it comes again back to, if they figure video refs can rule on forward passes in rugby union (I assume it's the same for you guys that it is in England), then why the hell is it so sacrosanct that we can't do it in league? Instead of having to make these embarrassing distinctions between knock-ons and forward passes which often don't stand up to much inspection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back