NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sivo with another great offload for Brown to cross in the dying seconds and it’s 12-2 at the break. Manly looked gassed that final 10-15 minutes and this the score flatters them a bit. Hopefully we can turn the screws second half and clean up a few mistakes

Wow, shocking call from the ref to let us escape with the win. That wasn’t forward but I’ll take it and that’s the first time in 31 years we have started 4-0

Here is one of the most stupid rules in the game.
Backwards out of the hand, passed before the 20m line and caught after the 20m line.
Hard for a touchie not to rule that forward.

That was an amazing game, high quality and excitement to the end.
Looked like it went forward from where it started for mine, I'm happy with the call.

I’m a biased Eels fan and even I thought it wasn’t forward.
By time I’d realised he had called it forward my TV remote had bounced twice across the floor such was my disgust at having thought we had blown it

I’m a biased Eels fan and even I thought it wasn’t forward.
By time I’d realised he had called it forward my TV remote had bounced twice across the floor such was my disgust at having thought we had blown it
Yeh it was an insane finish, incredibly lucky, that would have been a comeback of the ages. As soon as the lead was only 3, I felt it was huge danger. 1 almost would have been better because they'd likely have gone for the FG and worst case it goes to golden point. 3 points up is very dangerous facing an all or nothing attack.

Wow, shocking call from the ref to let us escape with the win. That wasn’t forward but I’ll take it and that’s the first time in 31 years we have started 4-0
Controversy is a constant in Parramatta/Manly games, I've been watching them since the mid 70's and it's probably the 20th time (at least) that a refs decision has played a part in the final result. It's just one reason Parra/Manly rivalry is one the NRL's premier rivalries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific game Parra/Manly. Manly hard done by, but still left with the feeling the better team won.

Is Cowboys/Sharks worth a watch, knowing the result ahead of time?

Those *ing calls in Rugby just like the touchy last year storm v raiders... wot a * up for manly. why cant they *ing look at them and fix them up and get the decision right.

Terrific game Parra/Manly. Manly hard done by, but still left with the feeling the better team won.

Is Cowboys/Sharks worth a watch, knowing the result ahead of time?

Yeah I agree with that. I think most fans of the sport don't want to see a pass like that called forward, but it was. I've just finished watching the Cowboys game. I think it is worth a watch.

Those f*n calls in Rugby just like the touchy last year storm v raiders... wot a fu** up for manly. why cant they f*n look at them and fix them up and get the decision right.
I don’t think you could review that one last night, so many variables to overturn it and award a try. For instance did the Eels players hear the call and back off their attempts to chase/tackle. No guarantee it would have been a certain try. Maybe Manly could have been awarded a scrum or restart but that’s not much help as the moment had passed.
Unfortunately it’s just one of those grey areas and mistakes will happen. As mentioned above there is some history with poor decisions between these two clubs, last night was just another chapter and adds further fuel to the rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back