NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good mate. Not sure. At 38 I'm guessing his game time will be sparse.

Even as an Australian loved watching him play lol

Wished he played league though would have been the best 6 in the game

Pretty poor performance in the end on the big stage and showed we are still a fair way off it. Next week becomes a must win now

Pretty poor performance in the end on the big stage and showed we are still a fair way off it. Next week becomes a must win now
Eels? That wasn't a poor performance at all, they led with 20 to go. It looks a lot on paper but the Roosters needed to throw everything they had at the Eels to win that, a late blow out try and dumb penalty goal give away inflates it a bit.

The Eels are legit, the Roosters are just clearly above everyone else.

I wasn't unhappy with that performance at all, I was one of the best I've seen from a Parramatta team in more than decade. In the end the score flattered the Roosters, we didn't deserve to lose by 14. We weren't good enough to win, but I saw enough to believe that we are capable of going all the way this season.

The Roosters are undoubted favourites, Canberra, and Parramatta are on the next line, Manly, Penrith, Melbourne and perhaps Newcastle would all think they are a genuine chance of the top 4, and from there, who knows.

Eels? That wasn't a poor performance at all, they led with 20 to go. It looks a lot on paper but the Roosters needed to throw everything they had at the Eels to win that, a late blow out try and dumb penalty goal give away inflates it a bit.

The Eels are legit, the Roosters are just clearly above everyone else.
We didn’t defend the lead well. Was a pathetic effort to tackle which led to them going ahead. 2 weeks in a row where we have gone scoreless in the first half, you will lose more than you win if that continues

I wasn't unhappy with that performance at all, I was one of the best I've seen from a Parramatta team in more than decade. In the end the score flattered the Roosters, we didn't deserve to lose by 14. We weren't good enough to win, but I saw enough to believe that we are capable of going all the way this season.

The Roosters are undoubted favourites, Canberra, and Parramatta are on the next line, Manly, Penrith, Melbourne and perhaps Newcastle would all think they are a genuine chance of the top 4, and from there, who knows.
I was happy with our work rate and that we had a crack but tonight still showed we are a bit off still. They are the benchmark side but games like tonight are the one you have to grind out results. We are still a top 4 side IMO but need to still improve to take the next step

I was happy with our work rate and that we had a crack but tonight still showed we are a bit off still. They are the benchmark side but games like tonight are the one you have to grind out results. We are still a top 4 side IMO but need to still improve to take the next step
I thought our completion rate was poor, but not our work rate. We were a little ill disciplined and made a few more errors than the Roosters, but we continued to front up in defense and worked hard to defend the line.

I think Arthur would be happy with our effort and the commitment in defense, especially in the first half, that was one of the finest defensive efforts I've seen for a while, but he will have seen a number of things his players can improve on over the coming months as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be wrong but relying in Moses at 7 is a huge issue

Yeah, he failed to stand up in a big game again. Not going to lie and say he doesn’t worry me

Not tonight per se. I just don't see him as an organiser and that's an issue with a young 5/8 and a non ball playing or organising fullback. I could be wrong I'm just not sold.

We didn’t defend the lead well. Was a pathetic effort to tackle which led to them going ahead. 2 weeks in a row where we have gone scoreless in the first half, you will lose more than you win if that continues
Sure they got overran, but the opposition right now is in some of the best form I've seen in recent memory. Against any other team I reckon the Eels win tonight. Maybe not consolation, but they are right up there in the top 2-3 teams, and by finals that gives them a shot at the flag.

Warriors need a new coach?
Kearney fired

No doubt in my mind that Kearney is a poor coach at NRL level. However, the timing is ridiculous. When the club is making more sacrifices than any other to band together during this weird time away from their home, this decision feels unnecessarily cruel in its timing.

NRL is suddenly becoming a more high energy spectacle than the AFL. Anyone who actually understands league will be able to see just how brilliant this season is so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great game. That Sivo try had me out of my seat. But, wow, what a response from the Roosters. Immediate and emphatic.

That was fantastic Saturday night entertainment for me. Terrific contest. Parra were indeed very good, but the Roosters really throw down the gauntlet to the rest of the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back