NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it.
It seems that the scoreboard says Storm won the game, but I’m sure Kyle Flanagan won it several minutes earlier!

He sure celebrated hard!

:poo:

I don’t get it.
It seems that the scoreboard says Storm won the game, but I’m sure Kyle Flanagan won it several minutes earlier!

He sure celebrated hard!

:poo:

What a dumb post. Of course you’d celebrate every insane moment in that game.

Just appreciate a great game and don’t look for cheap gloating points

I flicked over at half time because the AFL game was turning into a rout, geez what an ending, that game was bonkers.

Much better game. Literally watched 10 mins of the AFL and said stuff this the NRL will be better and it was

Got that tip wrong but boy jeez which player lost it more....

A) Tupou
B) Cordner

Very tight finish

Cordner in extra time got concussed and should've probably stayed down.

Much better game. Literally watched 10 mins of the AFL and said stuff this the NRL will be better and it was
That's 10 minutes more than me. At the moment, NRL is getting viewing preference over AFL.
At the moment the NRL is a much better product.
Tonight was probably the cream of it though.
Enjoyed every second thoroughly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a dumb post. Of course you’d celebrate every insane moment in that game.

Just appreciate a great game and don’t look for cheap gloating points

Haha, great point, champ.
Flanagan had only tied up the game, but he celebrated and gloated like he’d won it!

Got his just desserts!

Cordner in extra time got concussed and should've probably stayed down.

He was awful the whole game. Said for a long time he's so overrated. If he wasn't NSW captain....there's quite a few second rowers who are better.

That's 10 minutes more than me. At the moment, NRL is getting viewing preference over AFL.
At the moment the NRL is a much better product.
Tonight was probably the cream of it though.
Enjoyed every second thoroughly.

I'm literally struggling to watch more than 10 minutes of AFL, loving the NRL.

These rule changes have made it so much better too!

nah Toupo lost the game for the Chooks twice before that.

Cordner played well too.....for the Storm.
Not at all, sure he let the Storm in, but the game was alive up until a stupid push to put Smith chipping in front of the posts.

Unbelievable finish though, deserved a better end than to be decided by a gifted dumb penalty.

He was awful the whole game. Said for a long time he's so overrated. If he wasn't NSW captain....there's quite a few second rowers who are better.

I don’t like him that much even as a roosters fan but the bloke is a jet. Does a stupid amount of the dirty work when it is most needed.

Potting a bloke for getting knocked senseless and then coughing up a ball when all night teammates were losing the ball with no excuse is silly. He is a great line runner and a very strong attacking option on the left.

Essentially we gave up 19 errors, made 71 more tackles but missed 20 less than the storm, gave them 36 tackles inside our 20 (we had 13 inside theirs), lost the penalty count 6-3 and by my count lost the 6-again count 6-2, and we lost by a penalty goal in extra time.

Fix a few discipline issues and we win that game every day of the week.

I don’t like him that much even as a roosters fan but the bloke is a jet. Does a stupid amount of the dirty work when it is most needed.

Potting a bloke for getting knocked senseless and then coughing up a ball when all night teammates were losing the ball with no excuse is silly. He is a great line runner and a very strong attacking option on the left.

Essentially we gave up 19 errors, made 71 more tackles but missed 20 less than the storm, gave them 36 tackles inside our 20 (we had 13 inside theirs), lost the penalty count 6-3 and by my count lost the 6-again count 6-2, and we lost by a penalty goal in extra time.

Fix a few discipline issues and we win that game every day of the week.

I do feel there are plenty of second rowers better than him personally. It's a personal view. He gets through plenty of work, so does Josh Jackson but he's nowhere near an Origin side.

Cordner is decent and he's a great leader but as a player, I rate a few ahead. Not everyone will agree and that is fine.

I do feel there are plenty of second rowers better than him personally. It's a personal view. He gets through plenty of work, so does Josh Jackson but he's nowhere near an Origin side.

Cordner is decent and he's a great leader but as a player, I rate a few ahead. Not everyone will agree and that is fine.

Jackson is a good solid player and he has 9 Origin caps to prove it.
Jake Trbojevic is the only NSW back rower I’d pick ahead of Cordner at the moment I think.
he’s not going to be the tireless Crichton type who provides quantity through 40 tackles of dirty work, his contribution comes with the ball. In the two rounds before this one, where we were really under the pump, he churned out 160 (eels) and 150 (dragons) running metres, and was regularly threatening the line.
They’re not Taumololo numbers but few players’ numbers are. I think he gets more plaudits maybe than he should, relative to other players - Friend for example would have played a dozen origins by now and still been duelling with Cook for the current NSW job if he was from south of the tweed. Even allowing for his brain melt tonight Friend is one of the most underrated players I can think of in 30 years of following the sport. So yeah by comparison I think Cordner is a bit overrated. But he’s definitely an elite player.

I think with Radley missing Crichton has to go to lock to stiffen up the middle a bit.

Jackson is a good solid player and he has 9 Origin caps to prove it.
Jake Trbojevic is the only NSW back rower I’d pick ahead of Cordner at the moment I think.
he’s not going to be the tireless Crichton type who provides quantity through 40 tackles of dirty work, his contribution comes with the ball. In the two rounds before this one, where we were really under the pump, he churned out 160 (eels) and 150 (dragons) running metres, and was regularly threatening the line.
They’re not Taumololo numbers but few players’ numbers are. I think he gets more plaudits maybe than he should, relative to other players - Friend for example would have played a dozen origins by now and still been duelling with Cook for the current NSW job if he was from south of the tweed. Even allowing for his brain melt tonight Friend is one of the most underrated players I can think of in 30 years of following the sport. So yeah by comparison I think Cordner is a bit overrated. But he’s definitely an elite player.

I think with Radley missing Crichton has to go to lock to stiffen up the middle a bit.

Would easily have Cam Murray ahead (and he should have been in the starting side last year, NSW played better when he was on last season). Then you would have some others. I'm not saying he's bad or anything by the way. He's very solid and a great clubman and a great leader, I just don't rate him anywhere near what the commentators go on and on about. He's a good solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back