juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Not a league fan but that was a good game. I thought Penrith's defense was looking tired over the last 10-15 minutes but those two missed kicks by Reynolds were crucial.
Reynolds is elite with the boot, that's what pressure does. He kicks those sideline conversions in his sleep.

Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I think Penrith have gotten away with murder re offside and laying on the tackled player but Souths' passive defence cost them dear. Fair play to Penrith though to win the premiership playing 4 tough finals. Bennett doesn't care what people think of him. He should go out swinging re Gerard Sutton's officiating.
The skinny ten meant they didn't have to use up nearly as much energy which they may have used in the close games they've played.

Personally thought the ref was poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have to say Wayne Bennett fluffed it, how do you not assign a player nor two to hound Cleary every play? The most influential player with his kicks and play set ups, they needed to hound him.

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When North Melbourne won the 1999 grand final, Cam Mooney, who had no impact of any sort on proceedings, was told to 'make sure he learnt something from today' by Denis Pagan. Latrell Mitchell will surely receive a similar message once the dust has settled. His brilliance with the ball might have proven crucial.

Gigantic

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, LFC, PHX
Have to say Wayne Bennett fluffed it, how do you not assign a player nor two to hound Cleary every play? The most influential player with his kicks and play set ups, they needed to hound him.
Quite baffling considering Bennett and Cleary drama for the first final. I’ll have to watch this game again, but don’t recall there being very blatant blocks tonight, at least not worse than previous weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad