Remove this Banner Ad

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Toughest finals series I have witnessed by the Panthers, every game had me on edge.

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I haven't seen Wayne Bennett's presser in full but Peter Badel asking Bennett about his future plans was pretty disrespectful to Souths I thought. The story should be the Bunnies' agonising, brave and gallant loss not what Bennett's future is.

GG.exe

Post-Human
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sliding doors too. Penrith was helped so much against Parramatta. The trainer, the dodgy head high, and various other things. So easily couldve been knocked out in straight sets. Credit tho, to still bounce back. But they did get a lot of help even tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul66

Team Captain
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't seen Wayne Bennett's presser in full but Peter Badel asking Bennett about his future plans was pretty disrespectful to Souths I thought. The story should be the Bunnies' agonising, brave and gallant loss not what Bennett's future is.
Every now and again you read articles by disgruntled journalists who bemoan the fact that coaches treat the media with disdain and take the mickey out of press conferences.
Then you get dickheads asking questions like that at inopportune times and wonder why coaches even bother.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

NSWCROW

Make me an Admin!
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL

raptalia

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Penrith had the luck on the night but they were the better side. South's only put Cleary under pressure once and his kicking made a real difference. Full credit to Penrith, they had to beat the Storm and a side that had beaten them narrowly two weeks previously and they got there.

Would Latrell Mitchell have made a difference during the finals? Losing a player to injury on the eve of the finals is bad luck but losing a star player and play maker to suspension with finals on the horizon is poor judgement on his part.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Penrith had the luck on the night but they were the better side. South's only put Cleary under pressure once and his kicking made a real difference. Full credit to Penrith, they had to beat the Storm and a side that had beaten them narrowly two weeks previously and they got there.

Would Latrell Mitchell have made a difference during the finals? Losing a player to injury on the eve of the finals is bad luck but losing a star player and play maker to suspension with finals on the horizon is poor judgement on his part.
Actually think the back up fullback was great. Latrell is a proper freak, just the threat of him helps massively unnerve a defence but the new kid was really solid

Tigger Please!

Koo Koo Ka-Choo
Oct 24, 2005
Bourgeois Bohemia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wests Tigers
Actually think the back up fullback was great. Latrell is a proper freak, just the threat of him helps massively unnerve a defence but the new kid was really solid
He did an admirable job but he just didn't have the body mass to bend the defensive line and get the set starts rolling; he was continually getting rag-dolled and pushed back in tackles all night.
Lattrell would 100% have made a difference. For one: he's a massive unit, his sheer size would've made a big difference bringing the ball back which is ultimately where Souths lost the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad