NRL NRL 2021 Grand Final - Penrith vs South Sydney

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I think Penrith have gotten away with murder re offside and laying on the tackled player but Souths' passive defence cost them dear. Fair play to Penrith though to win the premiership playing 4 tough finals. Bennett doesn't care what people think of him. He should go out swinging re Gerard Sutton's officiating.

The skinny ten meant they didn't have to use up nearly as much energy which they may have used in the close games they've played.

Personally thought the ref was poor.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
JT reminds me of Matt Okine

Screen-Shot-2020-12-23-at-1.51.32-pm-630x630.png

matt-okine.jpg

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When North Melbourne won the 1999 grand final, Cam Mooney, who had no impact of any sort on proceedings, was told to 'make sure he learnt something from today' by Denis Pagan. Latrell Mitchell will surely receive a similar message once the dust has settled. His brilliance with the ball might have proven crucial.

Have to say Wayne Bennett fluffed it, how do you not assign a player nor two to hound Cleary every play? The most influential player with his kicks and play set ups, they needed to hound him.
Quite baffling considering Bennett and Cleary drama for the first final. I’ll have to watch this game again, but don’t recall there being very blatant blocks tonight, at least not worse than previous weeks

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Not really, was watching that all game, given the feud a few weeks ago. There was a guy usually hanging around near the play the ball on the fifth, but they still couldve tried to rush him more.
Was just joking around. Wasn't paying that much attention to it but Penrith definitely got more pressure on the kicker tonight. Disappointing from Souths with what should have been fresher legs.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Congrats to the Panthers. Always had a soft spot for Ivan Cleary and Nathan was a Warriors ball boy, so that'll have to do.

Bad luck to Souths. Gave it everything, but not a lot of luck either. One bad pass was the difference.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I don't think Souths will be back here in a years time. This was their moment and they couldn't quite get it done. Wouldn't back against Penrith going back to back now that the monkey is off their back.
Reynolds is a big loss, worth a lot of points and controls the game with his kicking.

Agree Panthers will be top 2 again, and Storm are always elite.

Back